Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris No value in Ethernet address and Host ID at Ok prompt Post 302313246 by kumarmani on Tuesday 5th of May 2009 06:08:37 AM
Old 05-05-2009
Thanks all,

Yes, I am also thinking that it could be an issue with battery, but not sure if I have any option to change it. I bought this system in resell almost year back.

Can I get the prom in market for ultra 10 or nay option to change the batter which can rectify this issue ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethernet Address?

How do I find my ethernet address (HostID) under OS X in the terminal? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dimyas
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to Achive IP address through MAC(Ethernet) address

Hi sir, i want to make such programe which takes MAC(Ethernet) address of any host & give me its IP address....... but i'm nt getting that how i can pass the MAC address to Frame........ Please give me an idea for making such program... Thanks & regards Krishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnacins
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP address in prompt using .bashrc

I know to display hostname, username .... etc in command prompt using .bashrc. But what i want is to display IP of the system in prompt. Any way to do it ?:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin09
2 Replies

4. Programming

host name to IP address

There's a piece in a C program I'm writing (Linux) that simply needs to take a host name and return an IP address (e.g., take 'mail.gnu.org' and return 199.232.76.166). I've gotten a successful status from getaddrinfo, but don't see any of the fields in the result structure that has what I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Probe freezes after detecting Ethernet address while installing FreeeBSD 7.0

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 7.0 from CDs I made a few months ago on a brand new system with parts I just got in from NewEgg. I select the default option from the Boot Loader and it goes into the device probe. Several devices are recognized, but then it freezes at: mskc0: <Marvell Yukon... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideogon
2 Replies

6. Programming

get host name by IP address

I'm trying to write a function to get the host name of any given IP address. I'm trying to follow this manual but I'm stuck. I'm using gcc and Linux. Any ideas? getnameinfo() #include <stdio.h> #include <netdb.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> char... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Static IP address works on Ethernet but not Wireless

Hi all, I have literally spent all day trying dozens of different combinations, re-installs and tweaks to try and resolve this problem. I would be EXTREMELY grateful if anyone can help/point me in the right direction. I am using OpenBSD 4.6 and am trying to connect to my wireless network with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wcontm
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Get ethernet address

Hi, How do I get ethernet (mac) address of all the interfaces (including the unplumbed interfaces) ? I do not want to use ifconfig -a plumb and unplumb. Looking for some other ways. Even c program will help. I am looking for S9 as well as S10. So dladm also wont work as it is only for S10 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patjones
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

IP address to host name conversion

hi, i want to get the hostname for the specified IP address. # host www.google.com www.google.com has address 173.194.69.104 www.google.com has address 173.194.69.105 www.google.com has address 173.194.69.106 www.google.com has address 173.194.69.147 www.google.com has address... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavitha rao
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_ISSUE(8)