Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Where to change the UNIX password prompt? Post 302313218 by DrivesMeCrazy on Tuesday 5th of May 2009 04:12:35 AM
Old 05-05-2009
Where to change the UNIX password prompt?

Hi guys,

I got these 3 servers: a, b and c which I ssh from a to b/c.

a:$ ssh userid@b
Password:

a:$ ssh userid@c
userid@c's password:

Notice that the password prompt is different (highlighted in bold) on both servers even though their SUN Solaris version the same, OpenSSH version also the same.

Can anyone advise me which file actually controls the UNIX password prompt?

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change password script in Unix easily..

I have more than 50 server unix's password need to change, usually I assign one password for all hosts, for easy remember, but I need to change password every two months..it's very tried to change password every 2 months, is there any unix script that can change password easily? ie ' script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change UNIX password

My shop has just ordained that all UNIX passwords expire after 45 days. We do NOT have a "single logon" facility, so I will need to logon to each of the servers (15+) I interact with and change my password by hand. I thought I could invoke passwd inside a ksh script as a Here document and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornshellmaven
12 Replies

3. Solaris

Expired password doesn't prompt for change

I'm on a Solaris 8 box that is not prompting users to change their password after it has expired. I have an older Solaris 8 box that does. We're accessing both via ssh. We have recently built the box that doesn't prompt from scratch. Obviously, we've overlooked something but we don't know what.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark24p
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to change password

Hello Gurus I have little challenge which I do not know how to address it. I have unix account on many servers (let's say over 25). These accounts expire every 60 days. Is there scripts that I can run from my "local computer" and pass a new password to it where it would change it for me on all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change password prompt format

Hello, I installed Kerberos on Red Hat. My testing tool checks for the prompt when user log-in. Unfortunately I don't have access to that testing tool so I have to fix somehow the prompt. My testing tool expects this format: login: XYZ Password: When I installed Kerberos I have this format:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susja
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to change password prompt for Kerberos?

Hello, I installed Kerberos on Red Hat. My testing tool checks for the prompt when user log-in. Unfortunately I don't have access to that testing tool so I have to fix somehow the prompt. My testing tool expects this format: login: XYZ Password: When I installed Kerberos I have this format:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susja
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change unix cmd display prompt?

I am new to to unix and I want to make my own basic shell. What is the code I can use to change the unix cmd console display? For example my unix display prompt says MyCompterName~, I want it to say WhatEverMan~ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: megaearth77
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Automatic script to change the UNIX Password

Hi, we have around 50 users and every month we need to change the password manually once its expire. do we have any script to change the password automatically. OS -HP-UX Thanks in advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: periyasamycse
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change password in UNIX

Hi Friends, Every morning i need to change the password, please advise how it can be automated. I am having pre planned password list for 4 months which can be used as input file for new passwords. Thanks (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
28 Replies
ONEUSER(1)					      oneuser(1) -- manages OpenNebula users						ONEUSER(1)

NAME
oneuser SYNOPSIS
oneuser command [args] [options] OPTIONS
-r, --read-file Read password from file --sha1 The password will be hashed using the sha1 algorithm --ssh SSH Auth system --x509 x509 Auth system for x509 certificates -k, --key path_to_private_key_pem Path to the Private Key of the User -c, --cert path_to_user_cert_pem Path to the Certificate of the User --driver driver Driver to autehnticate this user --x509_proxy x509 Auth system based on x509 proxy certificates --proxy path_to_user_proxy_pem Path to the user proxy certificate --time x Token duration in seconds, defaults to 3600 (1 h) -l, --list x,y,z Selects columns to display with list command -d, --delay x Sets the delay in seconds for top command -x, --xml Show the resource in xml format -n, --numeric Do not translate user and group IDs -v, --verbose Verbose mode -h, --help Show this message -V, --version Show version and copyright information COMMANDS
o create username [password] Creates a new User Examples: oneuser create my_user my_password oneuser create my_user -r /tmp/mypass oneuser create my_user --ssh --key /tmp/id_rsa oneuser create my_user --ssh -r /tmp/public_key oneuser create my_user --x509 --cert /tmp/my_cert.pem valid options: read_file, sha1, ssh, x509, key, cert, driver o update userid Launches the system editor to modify and update the template contents o login username Creates the Login token for authentication Examples: oneuser login my_user --ssh --key /tmp/id_rsa --time 72000 oneuser login my_user --x509 --cert /tmp/my_cert.pem --key /tmp/my_key.pk --time 72000 oneuser login my_user --x509_proxy --proxy /tmp/my_cert.pem --time 72000 valid options: ssh, x509, x509_proxy, key, cert, proxy, time o key Shows a public key from a private SSH key. Use it as password for the SSH authentication mechanism. valid options: key o delete range|userid_list Deletes the given User o passwd userid [password] Changes the given User's password valid options: read_file, sha1, ssh, x509, key, cert, driver o chgrp range|userid_list groupid Changes the User's main group o chauth userid [auth] [password] Changes the User's auth driver and its password (optional) Examples: oneuser chauth my_user core oneuser chauth my_user core new_password oneuser chauth my_user core -r /tmp/mypass oneuser chauth my_user --ssh --key /home/oneadmin/.ssh/id_rsa oneuser chauth my_user --ssh -r /tmp/public_key oneuser chauth my_user --x509 --cert /tmp/my_cert.pem valid options: read_file, sha1, ssh, x509, key, cert, driver o list Lists Users in the pool valid options: list, delay, xml, numeric o show [userid] Shows information for the given User valid options: xml ARGUMENT FORMATS
o file Path to a file o range List of id's in the form 1,8..15 o text String o groupid OpenNebula GROUP name or id o userid OpenNebula USER name or id o userid_list Comma-separated list of OpenNebula USER names or ids o password User password LICENSE
OpenNebula 3.4.1 Copyright 2002-2012, OpenNebula Project Leads (OpenNebula.org) Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 April 2012 ONEUSER(1)