Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris No value in Ethernet address and Host ID at Ok prompt Post 302313121 by incredible on Monday 4th of May 2009 10:41:32 PM
Old 05-04-2009
Maybe the nvram is corrupted..? what had happened to the system? any history behind this? Why do you want to change it all of a sudden ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethernet Address?

How do I find my ethernet address (HostID) under OS X in the terminal? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dimyas
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to Achive IP address through MAC(Ethernet) address

Hi sir, i want to make such programe which takes MAC(Ethernet) address of any host & give me its IP address....... but i'm nt getting that how i can pass the MAC address to Frame........ Please give me an idea for making such program... Thanks & regards Krishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnacins
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP address in prompt using .bashrc

I know to display hostname, username .... etc in command prompt using .bashrc. But what i want is to display IP of the system in prompt. Any way to do it ?:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin09
2 Replies

4. Programming

host name to IP address

There's a piece in a C program I'm writing (Linux) that simply needs to take a host name and return an IP address (e.g., take 'mail.gnu.org' and return 199.232.76.166). I've gotten a successful status from getaddrinfo, but don't see any of the fields in the result structure that has what I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Probe freezes after detecting Ethernet address while installing FreeeBSD 7.0

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 7.0 from CDs I made a few months ago on a brand new system with parts I just got in from NewEgg. I select the default option from the Boot Loader and it goes into the device probe. Several devices are recognized, but then it freezes at: mskc0: <Marvell Yukon... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideogon
2 Replies

6. Programming

get host name by IP address

I'm trying to write a function to get the host name of any given IP address. I'm trying to follow this manual but I'm stuck. I'm using gcc and Linux. Any ideas? getnameinfo() #include <stdio.h> #include <netdb.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> char... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Static IP address works on Ethernet but not Wireless

Hi all, I have literally spent all day trying dozens of different combinations, re-installs and tweaks to try and resolve this problem. I would be EXTREMELY grateful if anyone can help/point me in the right direction. I am using OpenBSD 4.6 and am trying to connect to my wireless network with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wcontm
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Get ethernet address

Hi, How do I get ethernet (mac) address of all the interfaces (including the unplumbed interfaces) ? I do not want to use ifconfig -a plumb and unplumb. Looking for some other ways. Even c program will help. I am looking for S9 as well as S10. So dladm also wont work as it is only for S10 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patjones
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

IP address to host name conversion

hi, i want to get the hostname for the specified IP address. # host www.google.com www.google.com has address 173.194.69.104 www.google.com has address 173.194.69.105 www.google.com has address 173.194.69.106 www.google.com has address 173.194.69.147 www.google.com has address... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavitha rao
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies
biosinfo(8)							   NVRAM WakeUp 						       biosinfo(8)

NAME
biosinfo - Shows type, revision and vendor of the mainboard as well as vendor version and release date of the BIOS. SYNOPSIS
biosinfo [--debug] DESCRIPTION
biosinfo is a (small) program, that shows you some information about the installed mainboard and BIOS. This may help you troubleshooting problems with nvram-wakeup. For support requests, please include the output of this program. OPTIONS
--debug This option enables printing debug messages. SEE ALSO
nvram-wakeup(8) HOMEPAGE
http://sf.net/projects/nvram-wakeup/ AUTHOR
Written by Sergei Haller <Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at the bug tracking system (see HOMEPAGE) or on the mailing list nvram-wakeup-devel@lists.sourceforge.net COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2004 Sergei Haller. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA Linux Jul 07 2004 biosinfo(8)