Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple variable in a variable in Perl Post 302313115 by durden_tyler on Monday 4th of May 2009 10:10:23 PM
Old 05-04-2009
Code:
$SB1 = `cat $tester_dir/files_extracted.txt|grep "HARD_BIN:"|awk '{print \$2}'|grep -c $count`;

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - how can we name a variable base on value of another variable

Hey all, perl - how can we name a variable base on the value of another variable? for example in ksh/bash we do : export c="100" export x`echo $c`=2000 echo $x100 x100=2000 is it possible to do something similar for perl? I already tried many ways but nothing is working. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cacm1975
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define multiple mail recipents in a variable in perl

hi I have a perl script from which I call a shell script and pass mail variable to it. The mail works fine if I give 1 recipient but fails for multiple. conv.pl:- $mialing = "anu\@abc.com" rest.sh $mialing rest.sh mail -s "hi" $1 This works fine But I need to define multiple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable with variable definition is stored in a variable?

Hi all, I have a variable say var1 (output from somewhere, which I can't change)which store something like this: echo $var1 name=fred age=25 address="123 abc" password=pass1234 how can I make the variable $name, $age, $address and $password contain the info? I mean do this in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile parsing with variable, multiple criterias among multiple lines

Hi all I've been working on a bash script parsing through debug/trace files and extracting all lines that relate to some search string. So far, it works pretty well. However, I am challenged by one requirement that is still open. What I want to do: 1) parse through a file and identify all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reminder
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Split lines into array - variable line items - variable no of lines.

Hi, I have the following lines that I would like to see in an array for easy comparisons and printing: Example 1: field1,field2,field3,field4,field5 value1,value2,value3,value4,value5Example 2: field1,field3,field4,field2,field5,field6,field7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Variable Value from Multiple Scripts and Use these Variable

Hi to All, Please find below details. file_config.config export file1_status="SUCCESS" export file2_status="SUCCESS" file_one.sh I am calling another two shell script from these script. I need to pass individual two script status (If it's "FAILED") to file_main.sh. file_main.sh I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl match multiple numbers from a variable similar to egrep

I want to match the number exactly from the variable which has multiple numbers seperated by pipe symbol similar to search in egrep.below is the code which i tried #!/usr/bin/perl my $searchnum = $ARGV; my $num = "148|1|0|256"; print $num; if ($searchnum =~ /$num/) { print "found"; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl help - how to assign output of perl to variable

Hi, guys, i have a script i inherited from a coworker but i'm not perl savy. The script works but i would like it to work better. I want to run this command ./ciscomgrtest.pl -r "show version" -h hosts.router and have the script goto each router in the hosts.router file and run the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whipuras
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a variable without multiple concats in a perl scripts that makes a bsub?

The red text at the bottom represents the three lines I want to address. I'm dynamically creating a bsub with a perl script and would like to create the fasta_16S variable in a single line....not three. I'm having difficulty in getting the syntax correct. Obviously, there is some confusion... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl multiple qr assigned to variable

Experts, I'm having problems with the code below. I'm trying to test $var2 for two different regexs. I thought it could be done per below, but I'm getting the following error when running. $ ./test.pl b fed50c0100**** Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep, zegrep, zfgrep -- print lines matching a pattern in gzip-compressed files SYNOPSIS
zgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [files ...] zegrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] zfgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] DESCRIPTION
zgrep runs grep(1) on files or stdin, if no files argument is given, after decompressing them with zcat(1). The grep-flags and pattern arguments are passed on to grep(1). If an -e flag is found in the grep-flags, zgrep will not look for a pattern argument. zegrep calls egrep(1), while zfgrep calls fgrep(1). EXIT STATUS
In case of missing arguments or missing pattern, 1 will be returned, otherwise 0. SEE ALSO
egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1), gzip(1), zcat(1) AUTHORS
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> BSD
December 28, 2003 BSD