Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to increase Inode numbers in Solaris 10 Post 302313064 by vermelius on Monday 4th of May 2009 02:04:46 PM
Old 05-04-2009
Hello and thanks to all the people.

I don't have experience whit ZFS filesystems and I'm fighting with Solaris Containers Branded Zone for Solaris 8.

jlliagre: I read that a instance of Solaris 8 installed in a Solaris Containers Branded Zones can be installed in a ZFS filesystem. I believe that the problem could be that afther from the Solaris 8 we couldn't take advantadge of this features.

Solaris 8 containers have limitations, for example I don't have disks:
SunOS 5.8# format
Searching for disks...done
No disks found!
I can't use growfs (inexist in Solaris8) and if I use newfs I can't put any raw device.
jlliagre: Can you, in your linux zones running on ZFS, change the inodes capacity with newfs "newfs -i <nbpi>"? or perhaps in ZFS it is innecessary forever to do that.

Thanks a lot again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to increase or decrease inode number of the particular UFS filesystem

Hi Gurus I want to know the command & tips regarding, how to increase or decrease inode number of the particular ufs filesystem. Is it possible to do it in a live/production environment. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Size of an inode in Solaris 10

Can anyone know what is the size of an inode in Solaris 10 :D? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naag20
5 Replies

3. Solaris

inode table in sun solaris

Hi, I would like to is it possible to repair inode table in solaris without running fsck? I am facing this issue in root file system, because to run fsck I have to bring system in single user mode with booting cdrom media. I facing strange issue in /var/adm/messages it is showing inode table... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
12 Replies

4. Solaris

how to increase file size in solaris 10 os

hi, let me know how to increase file size in solaris 10 OS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk : find progressive increase in numbers

NR_037575 -0.155613339079513 -0.952655362767482 -1.42096466949375 -0.797042023687969 -1.26535133041424 -0.468309306726272 NR_037576 0.59124585320226 0.408702582537126 0.888885242203586 -0.182543270665134 0.297639389001326 0.480182659666459... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

6. Solaris

inode in solaris

Dear, How can i check inode information in my Solaris box? With Regards, Mjoshi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjoshi87
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

increase/decrease multiple numbers in a filename.

I got a game that output map tiles of the session with the 0,0 position at the place you login/spawn. That makes making a map somewhat troublesome since the 0,0 will move. So I've been looking for a way to change the numbers in the filenames of all files in a folder by a certain value. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravenholdt
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Handling inode on solaris 9

Dear all, yesterday I had a big problem on Solaris 9. I cannot write anymore on /var. I checked the inode usage, and I see that for /var was at 100% with ifree = 0. I deleted some unused files (like old log on /var/tmp and /var/log), now I have ifree=19641 and 99% iused: root@ciy01 # df -F ufs... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
12 Replies

9. Solaris

/sbin/rc0,rc5 and rc6 having same inode numbers

Hi All, While going through the old SUN docs, it occured to me that the run level initiating scripts /sbin/rc0,rc5 and rc6 have the same inode number. I understand they perform the same fuction (call /etc/rc0.d/K* and S* scripts) but still they are three different files and not linked to each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to increase the size of rpool in Solaris 11?

Hi Please let me know how to increase the size of rpool in solaris 11 in ldom. I know how to map the new LUN to LDOM after that please let me know the procedure to increase the rpool and how to identify new disk in OBP level of ldom as I need to set the new/lun to be my new boot device. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hb00
5 Replies
lx(5)							Standards, Environments, and Macros						     lx(5)

NAME
lx - Linux branded zone DESCRIPTION
The lx brand uses the branded zones framework described in brands(5) to enable Linux binary applications to run unmodified on a machine with a Solaris Operating System kernel. The lx brand includes the tools necessary to install a CentOS 3.x or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.x distribution inside a non-global zone. The brand supports the execution of 32-bit Linux applications on x86/x64 machines running the Solaris system in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode. Supported Linux Distributions The lx brand emulates the system call interfaces provided by the Linux 2.4.21 kernel, as modified by Red Hat in the RHEL 3.x distributions. This kernel provides the system call interfaces consumed by the glibc version 2.3.2 released by Red Hat. In addition, the lx brand partially emulates the Linux /dev and /proc interfaces. Configuration and Administration The lx brand supports the whole root non-global zone model. All of the required linux packages are installed into the private file systems of the zone. The zonecfg(1M) utility is used to configure an lx branded zone. Once a branded zone has been installed, that zone's brand cannot be changed or removed. The zoneadm(1M) utility is used to report the zone's brand type and administer the zone. The zlogin(1) utility is used to log in to the zone. Application Support The lx zone only supports user-level Linux applications. You cannot use Linux device drivers, Linux kernel modules, or Linux file systems from inside an lx zone. You cannot add any non-standard Solaris devices to a Linux zone. Any attempt to do so will result in a zone that zonecfg(1M) will refuse to verify. You cannot run Solaris applications inside an lx zone. Solaris debugging tools such as DTrace (see dtrace(1M)) and mdb (see mdb(1)) can be applied to Linux processes executing inside the zone, but the tools themselves must be running in the global zone. Any core files generated are produced in the Solaris format, and such files can only be debugged with Solaris tools. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlxr, SUNWlxu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), brands(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D) SunOS 5.11 19 Sep 2006 lx(5)