Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expect passwd scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect passwd scripting Post 302313044 by DoctorOctagon on Monday 4th of May 2009 01:02:10 PM
Old 05-04-2009
To run the expect script, you must first invoke expect then specify the code you want it to execute.

Code:
~$expect codetobeexecuted

The users file contains the following (First column:User, Second Column:Password):

Code:
temp1 temp1
temp2 temp2

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect scripting need help

Hi experts, I am trying to develop a script using Expect. I am stuck somewhere. I need ur help guys. I have sun solaris where i need to input the following commands- bash-2.05$ telnet 11.13.58.39 2310 Trying 0.0.0.0... Connected to .. Escape character is '^]'. CONNECTING TO... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange expect script behavior, or am i misunderstanding expect scripting?

Hello to all...this is my first post (so please go easy). :) I feel pretty solid at expect scripting, but I'm running into an issue that I'm not able to wrap my head around. I wrote a script that is a little advanced for logging into a remote Linux machine and changing text in a file using sed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: v1k0d3n
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Scripting Help

Hi All, I am trying to connect a router using Expect scripting. But my script shows error.One more thing after the command telnet localhost 2000 we should press ENTER KEY once before the command prompt asks for "enable" and password.Please help correctiong my script. #!/usr/bin/expect -- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Scripting Help

Hi All, I am suppose to capature the value command `show ip route` of a router in a Expect script. But i am not able to catch the value in a variable or a file in the following Expect script. #!/usr/bin/expect -f set input spawn telnet localhost $argv expect "Escape character is '^]'."... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
5 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

need script for passwd , can't use expect tool

Hi , as others users here , i'm searching for a script which can automate "passwd" dialog . I saw threads about "expect tool" but on my platforms , "C" product isn't installed and i'm not the admin so i can't install it. is there another way to do it , with a "simple" shell script ??? ... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
35 Replies

6. Linux

ssh and passwd scripting execution problems on linux

I'm having a problem here and I was wondering if anyone could help me? I'm putting together a password script. First off, I don't have root access. I have sudo access. Lets say the User ID is Trevor1, the password is H!rry23! and the server name is Linux1234 This is how the script begins ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wdog17
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect scripting

Hi I have a working expect script below. The script continues to log cisco router configurations until all the ip addresses in the "routerlist1" has been read. Problem will start to happen when one of the ip address is not reacheable via ssh or telnet. The script will stop to read the rest of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yano1o14
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect scripting

Hello, I tried to use expect to catch information from my nagios and send me a call but i have nothing when i execute the script : 0 - add : account SIP 1 - trext : information from nagios text2wav : conversion text to wav ( text to speech ) pjsua : connection thru the SIP ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidozik
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect scripting.

I was wondering if I could do this a bit better. another script calls this script and logs into a device, does the relavant "show commands" and then saves those to a file. My problem is that the buffer isn't large enough to the output of some of the commands. here is an excerpt of what i'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gen1mx6
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

IP and expect scripting

Hi I am new to IP configuration and using expect script I have a requirement like I need to write a expect script that can ssh to a remote machine(linux1) using password which already has IP, once logged inside machine need to reboot remote machine(linux1) and again login to same remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies
PSENSOR-SERVER(1)						   User Commands						 PSENSOR-SERVER(1)

NAME
psensor-server - Temperature and system monitoring Web server SYNOPSIS
psensor-server [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
psensor-server is an HTTP server for monitoring hardware sensors remotely. It provides a JSON Web service which can be used by psensor(1) to monitor remotely the hardware sensors of a computer. It can provide information about: * the temperature of the motherboard and CPU sensors (using lm-sensors). * the temperature of the Hard Disk Drives (using hddtemp). * the rotation speed of the fans (using lm-sensors). It is also possible to connect to the psensor-server with a browser, a simple Web page is displaying the sensors information and the CPU usage. The URL http://hostname:3131/api/1.0/sensors/[id] returns a JSON object containing all information about a sensor. [id] is the uniq identi- fier of the sensor. Here is an example of the JSON object of type 'sensor': { "id": "lmsensor acpitz-virtual-0 temp1", "name": "temp1", "type": 257, "min": 47.800000, "max": 60.800000, "measures": [ { "value": 47.800000, "time": 1311374873 }, { "value": 49.800000, "time": 1311374878 }, { "value": 49.800000, "time": 1311374883 } ], "last_measure": { "value": 49.800000, "time": 1311374883 } } Fields of the type 'sensor': * id: the uniq identifier of the sensor. * name: a humean readable name of the sensor (might not be uniq). * type: the type of sensor. Look at src/lib/psensor.h for the different types. * min: the minimal value of the sensor. * max: the maximal value of the sensor. * measures: all measures of the sensor. * last_measure: the last value of the sensor. * time: the time of a measure as the number of seconds since 1970/01/01. The URL http://hostname:3131/api/1.0/sensors returns a JSON array containing all JSON objects of type 'sensor'. If run in debug mode, psensor-server can be stopped by sending an HTTP request with the URL 'http://hostname:port/api/1.0/server/stop'. OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version display version information and exit -d,--debug run in debug mode -p,--port=PORT webserver port -w,--wdir=DIR directory containing webserver pages WARNING
psensor-server does not provide any way to restrict the connection to the HTTP server, worst, no effort has been made against malicious HTTP attacks. You should make the psensor-server port available only to a network or computer you trust by using the usual network secu- rity tools of the system (for example, iptables(8) ). REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to: jeanfi@gmail.com psensor home page: <http://wpitchoune.net/psensor> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010-2012 jeanfi@gmail.com License GPLv2: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
psensor(1), sensors(1), sensors-detect(8) psensor-server 0.6.2.17 March 2012 PSENSOR-SERVER(1)