Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expect passwd scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect passwd scripting Post 302313015 by devtakh on Monday 4th of May 2009 11:18:05 AM
Old 05-04-2009
Try using a while loop

Code:
while read user
do
echo $user | xargs expect expectscript
done < userlist.txt

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect scripting need help

Hi experts, I am trying to develop a script using Expect. I am stuck somewhere. I need ur help guys. I have sun solaris where i need to input the following commands- bash-2.05$ telnet 11.13.58.39 2310 Trying 0.0.0.0... Connected to .. Escape character is '^]'. CONNECTING TO... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange expect script behavior, or am i misunderstanding expect scripting?

Hello to all...this is my first post (so please go easy). :) I feel pretty solid at expect scripting, but I'm running into an issue that I'm not able to wrap my head around. I wrote a script that is a little advanced for logging into a remote Linux machine and changing text in a file using sed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: v1k0d3n
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Scripting Help

Hi All, I am trying to connect a router using Expect scripting. But my script shows error.One more thing after the command telnet localhost 2000 we should press ENTER KEY once before the command prompt asks for "enable" and password.Please help correctiong my script. #!/usr/bin/expect -- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Scripting Help

Hi All, I am suppose to capature the value command `show ip route` of a router in a Expect script. But i am not able to catch the value in a variable or a file in the following Expect script. #!/usr/bin/expect -f set input spawn telnet localhost $argv expect "Escape character is '^]'."... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
5 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

need script for passwd , can't use expect tool

Hi , as others users here , i'm searching for a script which can automate "passwd" dialog . I saw threads about "expect tool" but on my platforms , "C" product isn't installed and i'm not the admin so i can't install it. is there another way to do it , with a "simple" shell script ??? ... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
35 Replies

6. Linux

ssh and passwd scripting execution problems on linux

I'm having a problem here and I was wondering if anyone could help me? I'm putting together a password script. First off, I don't have root access. I have sudo access. Lets say the User ID is Trevor1, the password is H!rry23! and the server name is Linux1234 This is how the script begins ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wdog17
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect scripting

Hi I have a working expect script below. The script continues to log cisco router configurations until all the ip addresses in the "routerlist1" has been read. Problem will start to happen when one of the ip address is not reacheable via ssh or telnet. The script will stop to read the rest of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yano1o14
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect scripting

Hello, I tried to use expect to catch information from my nagios and send me a call but i have nothing when i execute the script : 0 - add : account SIP 1 - trext : information from nagios text2wav : conversion text to wav ( text to speech ) pjsua : connection thru the SIP ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidozik
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect scripting.

I was wondering if I could do this a bit better. another script calls this script and logs into a device, does the relavant "show commands" and then saves those to a file. My problem is that the buffer isn't large enough to the output of some of the commands. here is an excerpt of what i'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gen1mx6
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

IP and expect scripting

Hi I am new to IP configuration and using expect script I have a requirement like I need to write a expect script that can ssh to a remote machine(linux1) using password which already has IP, once logged inside machine need to reboot remote machine(linux1) and again login to same remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies
d_passwd(4)							   File Formats 						       d_passwd(4)

NAME
d_passwd - dial-up password file SYNOPSIS
/etc/d_passwd DESCRIPTION
A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct pass- word must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. d_passwd is an ASCII file which contains a list of executable programs (typically shells) that require a dial-up password and the associ- ated encrypted passwords. When a user attempts to log in on any of the ports listed in the dialups file (see dialups(4)), the login program looks at the user's login entry stored in the passwd file (see passwd(4)), and compares the login shell field to the entries in d_passwd. These entries determine whether the user will be required to supply a dial-up password. Each entry in d_passwd is a single line of the form: login-shell:password: where login-shell The name of the login program that will require an additional dial-up password. password An encrypted password. Users accessing the computer through a dial-up port or modem using login-shell will be required to enter this password before gaining access to the computer. d_passwd should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. If the user's login program in the passwd file is not found in d_passwd or if the login shell field in passwd is empty, the user must sup- ply the default password. The default password is the entry for /usr/bin/sh. If d_passwd has no entry for /usr/bin/sh, then those users whose login shell field in passwd is empty or does not match any entry in d_passwd will not be prompted for a dial-up password. Dial-up logins are disabled if d_passwd has only the following entry: /usr/bin/sh:*: EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample d_passwd file. Here is a sample d_passwd file: /usr/lib/uucp/uucico:q.mJzTnu8icF0: /usr/bin/csh:6k/7KCFRPNVXg: /usr/bin/ksh:9df/FDf.4jkRt: /usr/bin/sh:41FuGVzGcDJlw: Generating An Encrypted Password The passwd (see passwd(1)) utility can be used to generate the encrypted password for each login program. passwd generates encrypted pass- words for users and places the password in the shadow (see shadow(4)) file. Passwords for the d_passwd file will need to be generated by first adding a temporary user id using useradd (see useradd(1M)), and then using passwd(1) to generate the desired password in the shadow file. Once the encrypted version of the password has been created, it can be copied to the d_passwd file. For example: 1. Type useradd tempuser and press Return. This creates a user named tempuser. 2. Type passwd tempuser and press Return. This creates an encrypted password for tempuser and places it in the shadow file. 3. Find the entry for tempuser in the shadow file and copy the encrypted password to the desired entry in the d_passwd file. 4. Type userdel tempuser and press Return to delete tempuser. These steps must be executed as the root user. FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords /etc/passwd password file /etc/shadow shadow password file SEE ALSO
passwd(1), useradd(1M), dialups(4), passwd(4), shadow(4) WARNINGS
When creating a new dial-up password, be sure to remain logged in on at least one terminal while testing the new password. This ensures that there is an available terminal from which you can correct any mistakes that were made when the new password was added. SunOS 5.10 2 Sep 2004 d_passwd(4)