Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris BIOS Serial Number on Sun Fire V240 Post 302312987 by incredible on Monday 4th of May 2009 10:10:45 AM
Old 05-04-2009
hostid can be shown by using the showrev command

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

2. Solaris

connecting laptop to V240 serial port

Well...I hope I am in the right forum to post this question. Here is what I am trying to do. I have a laptop (Dell I believe) running Windows. I am trying to connect this laptop to a V240 serial port (the port with l0l0l). Here lies the problem, I am not sure if I have the correct cable. I do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluridge
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun 280r serial number

is there a command i can run at the ksh that will give me the serial number on solaris? solaris 8, and 9 280r servers (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
16 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Fire V890 - Unable to access RSC or Serial console

Hello Folks, I am having trouble to login to rsc or serial console of V890. The rsc2.2.3 has been configured with required parameters, resetrs and even rebooted. When serial port is connected to laptop, The hyper terminal does not get the console or POSt messages when the server is rebooting... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: defflepord
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Alom Sun V240

hallo anybody know how to set alom mail alerty server with yahoomail ? thank u?where i can find mail server address for yahoomail?thank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanto85
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

CLI for serial number or tag for BIOS

what file or command can be used to get information that can represent unique ID for BIOS installed, it could be serial number or some tag. I used "/usr/sbin/dmidecode | egrep -i 'BIOS Information' -A 20" command, it shows some information about BIOS but not some information that can be used as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: epriya2003
4 Replies

8. Hardware

Sun fire 4270 reset BIOS settings after reboot

Hello, I am trying to perform Suse 10 SP3 installation via network in 6 Sun Fire 4270 M2 servers. The problem is that even if i set first prio boot device the hard disk the system always try to boot from network.And after the first restart the BIOS setting has been lost(and PXE come first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun Fire V240 server Fan replacement

I have a sun fire v240 server. The output of prtdiag -v shows a failed fan. There are 3 fans for cooling system board. There is 1 fan for each of the powersupply (There are 2 powersupplies) From the below output how do i know which fan is bad and whats its location... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies
showrev(1M)															       showrev(1M)

NAME
showrev - show machine, software revision, and patch revision information SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/showrev [-a] [-p | -p -R root_path] [-w] [-c command] [-s hostname] showrev displays revision information for the current hardware and software. With no arguments, showrev shows the system revision informa- tion including hostname, hostid, release, kernel architecture, application architecture, hardware provider, domain, and kernel version. If a command is supplied with the -c option, showrev shows the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH and finds out all the directories within the PATH that contain it. For each file found, its file type, revision, permissions, library information, and checksum are printed as well. The following options are supported: -a Print all system revision information available. Window system and patch information are added. -c command Print the revision information about command. -p Print only the revision information about patches. -R root_path Define the full path name of a directory to use as the root_path. By specifying the root path, showrev retrieves the revi- sion information about the patch from package system information files located under a directory tree starting at root_path. The root_path can be specified when retrieving installed patch information in a client from a server, for exam- ple, /export/root/client1. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -R option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -s hostname Perform this operation on the specified hostname. The -s operation completes correctly only when hostname is running Solaris 2.5 or compatible versions. -w Print only the OpenWindows revision information. OUTPUT
Varies, based on flags passed. If no flags are passed, output similar to the following appears: Hostname: system1 Hostid: 7233808e Release: 5.10 Kernel architecture: sun4u Application architecture: sparc Hardware provider: Sun_Microsystems Domain: a.network.COM Kernel version: SunOS 5.10 generic The following error values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWadmc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ arch(1), ldd(1), mcs(1), sum(1), patchadd(1M), attributes(5) For the -s option to work when hostname is running a version of Solaris prior to 2.5, the Solstice AdminSuite must be installed on host- name. 6 Apr 2005 showrev(1M)