Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to increase Inode numbers in Solaris 10 Post 302312983 by vermelius on Monday 4th of May 2009 10:06:30 AM
Old 05-04-2009
How to increase Inode capacity in Solaris but in root filesystem

Hello, I have a similar problem but in the "/" root directory in Solaris 8 Containers Branded Zone. Smilie

I have 50GB space free but only 2000 free inodes numbers.
If I put in the root filesystem more then 2000 files I obtain the "Not enough space free" message while the space is still a lot free.

Because is Solaris 8 and is the root filesystem I can't make the same solution based in ZFS filesystems. Can someone help me about this?
Thanks a lot!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to increase or decrease inode number of the particular UFS filesystem

Hi Gurus I want to know the command & tips regarding, how to increase or decrease inode number of the particular ufs filesystem. Is it possible to do it in a live/production environment. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Size of an inode in Solaris 10

Can anyone know what is the size of an inode in Solaris 10 :D? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naag20
5 Replies

3. Solaris

inode table in sun solaris

Hi, I would like to is it possible to repair inode table in solaris without running fsck? I am facing this issue in root file system, because to run fsck I have to bring system in single user mode with booting cdrom media. I facing strange issue in /var/adm/messages it is showing inode table... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
12 Replies

4. Solaris

how to increase file size in solaris 10 os

hi, let me know how to increase file size in solaris 10 OS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk : find progressive increase in numbers

NR_037575 -0.155613339079513 -0.952655362767482 -1.42096466949375 -0.797042023687969 -1.26535133041424 -0.468309306726272 NR_037576 0.59124585320226 0.408702582537126 0.888885242203586 -0.182543270665134 0.297639389001326 0.480182659666459... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

6. Solaris

inode in solaris

Dear, How can i check inode information in my Solaris box? With Regards, Mjoshi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjoshi87
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

increase/decrease multiple numbers in a filename.

I got a game that output map tiles of the session with the 0,0 position at the place you login/spawn. That makes making a map somewhat troublesome since the 0,0 will move. So I've been looking for a way to change the numbers in the filenames of all files in a folder by a certain value. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravenholdt
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Handling inode on solaris 9

Dear all, yesterday I had a big problem on Solaris 9. I cannot write anymore on /var. I checked the inode usage, and I see that for /var was at 100% with ifree = 0. I deleted some unused files (like old log on /var/tmp and /var/log), now I have ifree=19641 and 99% iused: root@ciy01 # df -F ufs... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
12 Replies

9. Solaris

/sbin/rc0,rc5 and rc6 having same inode numbers

Hi All, While going through the old SUN docs, it occured to me that the run level initiating scripts /sbin/rc0,rc5 and rc6 have the same inode number. I understand they perform the same fuction (call /etc/rc0.d/K* and S* scripts) but still they are three different files and not linked to each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to increase the size of rpool in Solaris 11?

Hi Please let me know how to increase the size of rpool in solaris 11 in ldom. I know how to map the new LUN to LDOM after that please let me know the procedure to increase the rpool and how to identify new disk in OBP level of ldom as I need to set the new/lun to be my new boot device. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hb00
5 Replies
Df(3pm) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   Df(3pm)

NAME
Filesys::Df - Perl extension for filesystem disk space information. SYNOPSIS
use Filesys::Df; #### Get information by passing a scalar directory/filename value my $ref = df("/tmp"); # Default output is 1K blocks if(defined($ref)) { print "Total 1k blocks: $ref->{blocks} "; print "Total 1k blocks free: $ref->{bfree} "; print "Total 1k blocks avail to me: $ref->{bavail} "; print "Total 1k blocks used: $ref->{used} "; print "Percent full: $ref->{per} "; if(exists($ref->{files})) { print "Total inodes: $ref->{files} "; print "Total inodes free: $ref->{ffree} "; print "Inode percent full: $ref->{fper} "; } } #### Get information by passing a filehandle open(FILE, "some_file"); # Get information for filesystem at "some_file" my $ref = df(*FILE); #### or my $ref = df(*FILE); #### or my $fhref = *FILE; my $ref = df($fhref); #### Get information in other than 1k blocks my $ref = df("/tmp", 8192); # output is 8K blocks my $ref = df("/tmp", 1); # output is bytes DESCRIPTION
This module provides a way to obtain filesystem disk space information. This is a Unix only distribution. If you want to gather this information for Unix and Windows, use "Filesys::DfPortable". The only major benefit of using "Filesys::Df" over "Filesys::DfPortable", is that "Filesys::Df" supports the use of open filehandles as arguments. The module should work with all flavors of Unix that implement the "statvfs()" and "fstatvfs()" calls, or the "statfs()" and "fstatfs()" calls. This would include Linux, *BSD, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Mac OS X, Irix, Cygwin, etc ... "df()" requires a argument that represents the filesystem you want to query. The argument can be either a scalar directory/file name or a open filehandle. There is also an optional block size argument so you can tailor the size of the values returned. The default block size is 1024. This will cause the function to return the values in 1k blocks. If you want bytes, set the block size to 1. "df()" returns a reference to a hash. The keys available in the hash are as follows: "{blocks}" = Total blocks on the filesystem. "{bfree}" = Total blocks free on the filesystem. "{bavail}" = Total blocks available to the user executing the Perl application. This can be different than "{bfree}" if you have per-user quotas on the filesystem, or if the super user has a reserved amount. "{bavail}" can also be a negative value because of this. For instance if there is more space being used then you have available to you. "{used}" = Total blocks used on the filesystem. "{per}" = Percent of disk space used. This is based on the disk space available to the user executing the application. In other words, if the filesystem has 10% of its space reserved for the superuser, then the percent used can go up to 110%. You can obtain inode information through the module as well, but you must call "exists()" on the "{files}" key first, to make sure the information is available. Some filesystems may not return inode information, for example some NFS filesystems. Here are the available inode keys: "{files}" = Total inodes on the filesystem. "{ffree}" = Total inodes free on the filesystem. "{favail}" = Total inodes available to the user executing the application. See the rules for the "{bavail}" key. "{fused}" = Total inodes used on the filesystem. "{fper}" = Percent of inodes used on the filesystem. See rules for the "{per}" key. There are some undocumented keys that are defined to maintain backwards compatibilty: "{su_blocks}", "{user_blocks}", etc ... If the "df()" call fails for any reason, it will return undef. This will probably happen if you do anything crazy like try to get information for /proc, or if you pass an invalid filesystem name, or if there is an internal error. "df()" will "croak()" if you pass it a undefined value. Requirements: Your system must contain "statvfs()" and "fstatvfs()", or "statfs()" and "fstatfs()" You must be running Perl 5.6 or higher. AUTHOR
Ian Guthrie IGuthrie@aol.com Copyright (c) 2006 Ian Guthrie. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
statvfs(2), fstatvfs(2), statfs(2), fstatfs(2), df(1), Filesys::DfPortable perl(1). perl v5.14.2 2006-06-25 Df(3pm)