Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SF T2000 prtdiag problem
Operating Systems Solaris SF T2000 prtdiag problem Post 302312921 by incredible on Monday 4th of May 2009 05:29:09 AM
Old 05-04-2009
Sun Fire, you're wrong. As I told you earlier, I have 2 similar systems and after upgrading the firmware the output came out with all components as "okay" etc.. streaming up to 3 to 4 pages. This is not normal.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on prtdiag output ...

Hello all , This is the output of my prtdiag command ...The speed of each of the CPUs is listed below (1281 MHz ) ..That's fine ..I'm confused about the (System clock frequency: 183 MHZ ) ..What is the difference between System Clock freq and CPU freq ...THanks.. System Configuration: Sun... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
5 Replies

2. Solaris

T2000 - devfsadm problem

Hi everyone, I am having a problem when running devfsadm. We have many T2000, but on one of them, that is connected to our SAN, devfsadm reports no new disks. If a reconfiguration reboot is done, the system reports the new disk. But only with a reboot. We have Solaris10 installed and Veritas... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfotop
13 Replies

3. Solaris

Netra T2000 /var/adm/messages problem

Hi, I have a netra t2000 running solaris 10. It is fully patched with the latest patch cluster and also patch 118833-36 and 126897-02. The SC sys_event level is set to 3. I am running a test to show hardware log status, e.g simulating a power supply failure.Hence I unplug one of te... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulemsee
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

prtdiag -v show no output

Dear All....Help required prtdiag -v command shows no output on my V440 server. Following is the details: root@sdp16b>prtdiag -v root@sdp16b> root@sdp16b>uname -a SunOS sdp16b 5.9 Generic_122300-31 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 root@sdp16b>echo $path /usr/sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Auto boot problem on Sun T2000

Hi All I have a problem on T2000 server. bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS 5.10 aaa Generic_120011-14 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T2000After the initial solaris installation server failed to boot: Rebooting with command: boot Boot device: disk:b File and args: The file just loaded does not appear... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouzist
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Raid problem on T2000

Hi all, First post so be gentile :) It's my first time installing Solaris on T2000 server. I have 2 72GB HD's on it. After configuring HW raid and running raidctl command I get this output: bash-3.00# raidctl -l c0t0d0 Volume Size Stripe Status Cache RAID ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Obi-Wan
2 Replies

7. Solaris

dvd problem in T2000

hi all when i trying to give auto-boot value as false as following #eeprom auto-boot?=false it is showing as zsh: no matches found: auto-boot?=false so felt this is because of error in hard ware so i tried this #iostat -en it is showing like iostat -en ---- errors --- s/w h/w trn... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wkbn86
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

prtdiag -v problem :Memory Module Groups status not Showing

Hi Friends, I need a help from you all. In my machine which is on Solaris 9. the command prtdiag -v shows the complete output but it doesn't show "Memory Module Groups status" status. I have tried restarting the picl daemon, but still it doesn't work. Memory Module Groups:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
2 Replies

9. Solaris

prtdiag

Hi everyone, Please can you tell me what kind of memro we are talking about when we run : prtdiag -v Memory size: 98016 Megabytes Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
7 Replies

10. Solaris

prtdiag -v troubleshooting

selected lines from the output of the "prtdiag -v" command on a T5240 SUN server running Solaris 10. Are the following known as FRU names and what do they mean? MB/CMP0/BR0/CH0/D0 MB/CMP0/BR0/CH1/D0 SYS/FANBD0/FM0/F0 SYS/FANBD0/FM0/F1 SYS/MB/CMP0/BR1/CH0/D1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snoman1
1 Replies
cvcd(1M)                                                  System Administration Commands                                                  cvcd(1M)

NAME
cvcd - virtual console daemon SYNOPSIS
/platform/platform_name/cvcd DESCRIPTION
The virtual console daemon, cvcd, is a server process that supports the network console provided on some platforms. The cvcd daemon accepts network console connections from a remote host (only one host at any given time). Console input is read from this connection and forwarded to cvc(7D) by way of cvcredir(7D). Similarly, console output is read from cvcredir(7D) and forwarded across the network console connection. If cvcd dies, console traffic is automatically rerouted through an internal hardware interface. The cvcd daemon normally starts at system boot time. Each domain supports only one cvcd process at a time. Caution: On Sun Enterprise 10000 domains, cvcd uses a configuration file (/etc/ssphostname) to determine the name of the host from which network console connections are allowed. If the remote console host is renamed, you must edit the configuration file to reflect that change. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: platform_name The official Sun platform name used in packaging and code. For example, for Sun Fire 15K servers, the platform_name would be SUNW,Sun-Fire-15000. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |Sun Enterprise 10000 | | |servers, Sun Fire High-End | | |Systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcvc.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), svcadm(1M), services(4), attributes(5), smf(5), cvc(7D), cvcredir(7D) Sun Enterprise 10000 SSP Reference Manual System Management Services (SMS) Reference Manual NOTES
The cvcd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/cvc Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 11 Aug 2004 cvcd(1M)