Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Getting the total virtual memory for ubuntu in c++ Post 302312895 by xiaojesus on Monday 4th of May 2009 02:50:38 AM
Old 05-04-2009
can we use ps u den we pipe into the c++

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Total Memory/Swap Memory

I need to put a program together to determine the total, available memory and total and available swap on unix machines. I have been searching for weeks and I seem to run into dead ends. Every unix platform I look at has a different way to determine memory info. Any sugggestions or new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghe1
4 Replies

2. Programming

about virtual memory and memory leak

Hi, First of all I appreciate this group very much for its informative discussions and posts. Here is my question. I have one process whose virtual memory size increases linearly from 6MB to 12MB in 20 minutes. Does that mean my process has memory leaks? In what cases does the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i get The total size of the process in virtual memory om GB or MB

Hello all im using the ps -ef "args vsz" | some.exe but the result is in kb , is there some kind of way or flag ( didnt found in the ps man ) to convert me this data to GB or MG in human readable format ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

4. AIX

ulimits max locked memory virtual memory

Hi, Would any one be so kind to explain me : are ulimits defined for each user seperately ? When ? Specialy what is the impact of : max locked memory and virtual memory on performance of applications for a user. Many thanks. PS : this is what I can see in MAN : ulimit ] ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total usage memory by user

Hi, When running top on linux redhat machine , i see that i have 16gb of memory in my machine and about 14.5gb of memory are in use: Mem: 16395780k total, 14970960k used, 1424820k free, 370264k buffers Swap: 4192956k total, 25824k used, 4167132k free, 12029400k cached How can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Total Memory

Hi, I have a strange issue where the total memory on the server is showing low. At the moment 8 GB of memory is installed and only 3 GB is showing on the shell prompt. I am using the commands free -m and vmstat to check the memory. Please help me out in identifying the issue. With regards... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding out total memory usage

Hi, I have a server box with 16GB ram in it, within the server box there are 3 VMs running with a total allocation of 9GB. if I add up all the numbers under memory info using vmstat I get 15.8GB so I can say it adds up to 16Gb... Is there a way to see from the command line how much memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedhunt3r
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total memory using free -m

Hi I am trying to calculate memory used by Linux System free -m total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 32109 31010 1099 0 3600 7287 -/+ buffers/cache: 20121 11987 Swap: 10239 1282 8957 Now according to my requirement Im calculating memory using below cmd free -m | awk 'NR==3{printf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
2 Replies
VM_STAT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						VM_STAT(1)

NAME
vm_stat -- show Mach virtual memory statistics SYNOPSIS
vm_stat [[-c count] interval] DESCRIPTION
vm_stat displays Mach virtual memory statistics. If the optional interval is specified, then vm_stat will display the statistics every interval seconds. In this case, each line of output displays the change in each statistic (an interval count of 1 displays the values per second). However, the first line of output following each banner displays the system-wide totals for each statistic. If a count is pro- vided, the command will terminate after count intervals. The following values are displayed: Pages free the total number of free pages in the system. Pages active the total number of pages currently in use and pageable. Pages inactive the total number of pages on the inactive list. Pages speculative the total number of pages on the speculative list. Pages throttled the total number of pages on the throttled list (not wired but not pageable). Pages wired down the total number of pages wired down. That is, pages that cannot be paged out. Pages purgeable the total number of purgeable pages. Translation faults the number of times the "vm_fault" routine has been called. Pages copy-on-write the number of faults that caused a page to be copied (generally caused by copy-on-write faults). Pages zero filled the total number of pages that have been zero-filled on demand. Pages reactivated the total number of pages that have been moved from the inactive list to the active list (reactivated). Pages purged the total number of pages that have been purged. File-backed pages the total number of pages that are file-backed (non-swap) Anonymous pages the total number of pages that are anonymous Uncompressed pages the total number of pages (uncompressed) held within the compressor Pages used by VM compressor: the number of pages used to store compressed VM pages. Pages decompressed the total number of pages that have been decompressed by the VM compressor. Pages compressed the total number of pages that have been compressed by the VM compressor. Pageins the total number of requests for pages from a pager (such as the inode pager). Pageouts the total number of pages that have been paged out. Swapins the total number of compressed pages that have been swapped out to disk. Swapouts the total number of compressed pages that have been swapped back in from disk. If interval is not specified, then vm_stat displays all accumulated statistics along with the page size. Mac OS X August 13, 1997 Mac OS X