Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How Many Technology Forums Do You Actively Participate In? Post 302312660 by Neo on Saturday 2nd of May 2009 02:03:47 PM
Old 05-02-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfair
BTW, the heading for SCO still implies the name of the Santa Cruz Operation, parts of which (the unix parts) were purchased by Caldera, then renamed The SCO Group. TSCOG is still in operation, but in chapter 11, and probably is going to be forced into chapter 7 and liquidation.
No it does not imply anything. The description says:
Quote:
Santa Cruz Operation (SCO) was a software company based in Santa Cruz, California which was best known for selling three UNIX variants for Intel x86.
Was means "in the past" and clearly does not imply anything about now.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Actively watching for running processes

Here's a fun one... What's the best way to script looking for a process when it runs? For example, what if a process is running that's been set up graphically, which you would like the entire command line string for? Say it's rpm for the sake of having a command to use as an example. You want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysera
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how to check whether a script is running actively or hanged/ in deadlock)

Hi I have a doubt regarding process states in HP unix system. Is there a way to check whether a process is hanged or still actively running? I have few scripts which run for a long time. but sometimes these are getting hanged. But i'm never sure whether they are running or waiting in kind of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: truth
4 Replies

3. AIX

How to determine what process is actively using my harddisk?

Hi, Is there any command that I can issue to check who is actively using my harddisk? I notice that yesterday the hdisk0 and hdisk1 is really actively being used and is reaching almost 100%. I realized that this is because of paging which is climbing up to 70%. However, just this morning... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
3 Replies

4. AIX

unix host actively refused the connection attempt

Dear all, I am faced with an error "UX ER087-0" failling to connect to the server. Any ideas of what might be causing the error? Many thanks (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: captain.scorpio
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Actively merge kde 3.x and gnome 2.x menus

ok, here's the scoop, google has similar, but nothing that quite fits the bill. here is what I'm up against: i have a linux system that is running both kde 3.x and gnome 2.x, selectable via gdm. the kde 3.x app menu is heavily modified and i'm looking for a way to import that over to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: macphail
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding thoughts for encourage more users to post/participate on UNIX.com site.

Hello All, Greetings!! Have a thought about how could we encourage more users to post and participate more on UNIX.com(because more we get questions, more we learn more), few are my ideas which I am posting feel free to add/edit more ideas in here. Keeping this as a POLL too. I- Allow... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
10 Replies
CFREE(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  CFREE(3)

NAME
cfree - free allocated memory SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> /* In SunOS 4 */ int cfree(void *ptr); /* In glibc or FreeBSD libcompat */ void cfree(void *ptr); /* In SCO OpenServer */ void cfree(char *ptr, unsigned num, unsigned size); /* In Solaris watchmalloc.so.1 */ void cfree(void *ptr, size_t nelem, size_t elsize); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): cfree(): _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
This function should never be used. Use free(3) instead. 1-arg cfree In glibc, the function cfree() is a synonym for free(3), "added for compatibility with SunOS". Other systems have other functions with this name. The declaration is sometimes in <stdlib.h> and sometimes in <malloc.h>. 3-arg cfree Some SCO and Solaris versions have malloc libraries with a 3-argument cfree(), apparently as an analog to calloc(3). If you need it while porting something, add #define cfree(p, n, s) free((p)) to your file. A frequently asked question is "Can I use free(3) to free memory allocated with calloc(3), or do I need cfree()?" Answer: use free(3). An SCO manual writes: "The cfree routine is provided for compliance to the iBCSe2 standard and simply calls free. The num and size argu- ments to cfree are not used." RETURN VALUE
The SunOS version of cfree() (which is a synonym for free(3)) returns 1 on success and 0 on failure. In case of error, errno is set to EINVAL: the value of ptr was not a pointer to a block previously allocated by one of the routines in the malloc(3) family. CONFORMING TO
The 3-argument version of cfree() as used by SCO conforms to the iBCSe2 standard: Intel386 Binary Compatibility Specification, Edition 2. SEE ALSO
malloc(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2007-07-26 CFREE(3)