Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how can i remove comments in random positions in a file?(bash) Post 302312597 by devtakh on Saturday 2nd of May 2009 05:38:19 AM
Old 05-02-2009
Code:
sed 's/#//g' filename

will give
bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla

Bla
BLA
BLA BLA bla bla

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove comments...

It may be a no-brainer, but the answer is escaping me right now: I'm trying to write a little script to remove all comments from .c source... I was thinking sed, but I'm not a very strong regexp user (e.g. I suck with sed). I tried dumping the file into: sed -e 's/\/\* * \*\///g' and several... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove blank lines and comments from text file

Hi, I am using BASH. How can I remove any lines in a text file that are either blank or begin with a # (ie. comments)? Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove css comments

Is there a way that I can use sed to remove lines with css comments like this? /* comment */ (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gravesit
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove comments

I need to use sed to remove comments from files. I am using this, but it only works on comments that start at the beginning of the line. sed /^"\/\/"/d In most of the files I have comments like this: code // Comments or tab // Comments (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gravesit
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove comments from a bash script?

I would like to remove comments from a bash script. In addition, I would like to remove lines that consist of only white spaces, and to remove blank lines. #!/bin/bash perl -pe 's/ *#.*$//g' $1 | grep -v ^]*$ | perl -pe 's/ +/ /g' > $2 # # $1 INFILE # $2 OUTFILE The above code... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove dashes if exist between positions 351-357 and then add - at the 357th position

I need to remove dash (i.e. -) if present from positions 351-357, and then add - (dash) at 357th position. For example in following first and 3rd record we got Before processing 1) 1st Record positions 351-357 = 0-12345 2) 3rd Record positions 351-357 = 00-4567 After processing:- 1) 1st... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove comments from file with specific file name extensions

Hello Unix board community, I have to program a shell script, but I am a complete noob so I hope I get some help here. The assignment is as follows: The program removes all comments regardless of formatting or language from files with specific file name extensions (php, css, js, ...).... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheZeusMan
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove SAS comments using UNIX

I have tried a lot, Need your help guys. SAS Program: data one ; /* Data step */ Input name $; /*Dec variables*/ I want to remove the commented part(/* Data step */) alone. I have tried using sed command but it is deleting the entire line itself. i need unix command to separate this and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to find comments in file

As I stated in a previous thread - I'm a newbie to Unix/Linux and programming. I'm trying to learn the basics on my own using a couple books and the exercises provided inside. I've reached an exercise that has me stumped. I need to write a bash script that will will read in a file and print the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove comments like pattern from text

Hi , We need to remove comment like pattern from a code text. The possible comment expressions are as follows. Input BizComment : Special/*@ Name:bzt_53_3aea640a_51783afa_5d64_0 BizHidden:true @*/ /* lookup Disease Category Therapuetic Class */ a=b;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikashKumar
6 Replies
POC-FEC(1)							   User Command 							POC-FEC(1)

NAME
poc-fec - send FEC MP3 streams SYNOPSIS
poc-fec [ -s address ] [ -p port ] [ -t ttl ] [ -q ] [ -k fec_k ] [ -n fec_n ] files... DESCRIPTION
poc-fec is a streaming server sending mp3 data using a custom FEC protocol. The streamed MP3 frames are first decomposed in autonomous data units (ADUs). These ADUs are grouped into ADU groups, which are encoded redundantly using a FEC method by Luigi Rizzo. A group of k ADUs is encoded as n data packets. Any k of these n data packets is sufficient to recover the original k ADUs. It sends the files in the order given on the command-line. Use the filename - to stream from standard input. Normally, the FEC protocol is used to stream to multicast groups. OPTIONS
-s address Specify the address to send to (default 224.0.1.23). -p port Specify the port to send to (default 1500). -t ttl Specify the TTL parameter to be set on outgoing parameters (default 1). -q Don't output any information on standard error. -k fec_k Specify the number of ADUs that will be encoded as an ADU group (default 20). -n fec_n Specify the number of packets that the ADU groups will be encoded to (default 25). This number must be greater than the fec_k param- eter. EXAMPLES
poc-fec -s 224.0.1.24 -p 8989 -t 2 -k 16 -n 32 bla.mp3 Send the file bla.mp3 using the RTP RFC fec protocol to the address 224.0.1.24 on port 8989, and set the TTL to 2. MP3 frames of bla.mp3 are converted to ADUs and grouped in ADU groups of 16 ADUs. These 16 ADUs are encoded into 32 packets and streamed. A client will have to receive at least 16 packets to recover the original ADUs. AUTHORS
Manuel Odendahl <manuel@bl0rg.net>, Florian Wesch <dividuum@bl0rg.net> February 2005 POC-FEC(1)