Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated file. Post 302312559 by devtakh on Friday 1st of May 2009 11:51:18 PM
Old 05-02-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith
FileA

ABC,ABC,ABC
ABC,ABC,ABC
ABC,ABC,ABC
ABC,ABC,ABC
ABC,ABC,ABC
FileB
ABC ABC ABC

ABC ABC ABC
ABC ABC ABC

ABC ABC ABC
ABC ABC ABC

Thanks
Code:
sed -e '/^$/d' -e '/^,*,/d' fileA fileB

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and then concat 4m other file (comma seperated)

My query is now a bit simplified. file1.txt names; ID; value1 ; values N; ABC; 1 ; a18 ; ... CDF; 2 ; b16 ; .. ABC; 1 ; c13 ; ...... EFG; 3 ;d12 ; ... file2.txt ID(Unique);smVals; smVal1; smVal N; 1; ...; ...; ...; 2; ..; ..; ..; 3; ..; ..; ..; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: szchmaltz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming fields for comma or pipe seperated file

I have file like this FileA: abc , "helloworld" , america def,asia, japan ghi, africa, ipl Output Needed: abc,"helloworld",america def,asia,japan ghi,africa,ipl I would like to implement using awk. I want to trim each field for its leading and trailing spaces. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to append a value seperated by comma

I have a file like below. How can I add a new value after moss separated by a comma. This adding script should work in such a way that each time i pass a value it should be added one after the other separated by commas. hru:122: hello:123:john,philip,mary,kp,moss hi:124: bye:125: Can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Comma seperated arguments

Hi How to takes coma seperated arguments and and parsing each argument to varaiable that has used further in the script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert comma seperated file to line seperated.

Hi, I have data like this. 1,2,3,4 Output required: 1 2 3 4 I am trying to use tr function but getting error. Help is appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help removing leading spaces from one field in comma seperated file

Using awk or sed, I'd like to remove leading spaces after a comma and before a right justified number in field 6. Sounds simple but I can't find a solution. Each field's formatting must stay intact. Input: 40,123456-02,160,05/24/2012,02/13/1977, 10699.15,0 Output:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in rearranging the content of a file comma seperated

I have a file with the below content a = test1 b = test2 a = test3 b= test4 c = test6 b = test5 d = test7 d = test9 Need the output to be as follows a = test1,test3 b = test2, test5 c = test6 d = test7, test9 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iron_michael86
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seperated a Column from 'ESC' Character seperated file

Hi Experts I have an escape seperated fields in the unix file. And in the below format file I need to extract the first column. Please help its urgent. cat -v op.dat | head 24397028^ I want to extract the file in below format ( with only first column ) 24397028 2439707 thanks. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha_suri06
6 Replies
Hash::Case(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Hash::Case(3pm)

NAME
Hash::Case - base class for hashes with key-casing requirements INHERITANCE
Hash::Case is a Tie::StdHash Hash::Case is extended by Hash::Case::Lower Hash::Case::Preserve Hash::Case::Upper SYNOPSIS
use Hash::Case::Lower; tie my(%lchash), 'Hash::Case::Lower'; $lchash{StraNGeKeY} = 3; print keys %lchash; # strangekey DESCRIPTION
Hash::Case is the base class for various classes which tie special treatment for the casing of keys. Be aware of the differences in implementation: "Lower" and "Upper" are tied native hashes: these hashes have no need for hidden fields or other assisting data structured. A case "Preserve" hash will actually create three hashes. The following strategies are implemented: o Hash::Case::Lower (native hash) Keys are always considered lower case. The internals of this module translate any incoming key to lower case before it is used. o Hash::Case::Upper (native hash) Like the ::Lower, but then all keys are always translated into upper case. This module can be of use for some databases, which do translate everything to capitals as well. To avoid confusion, you may want to have you own internal Perl hash do this as well. o Hash::Case::Preserve The actual casing is ignored, but not forgotten. METHODS
Constructors $obj->addHashData(HASH) Add the data of a hash (passed as reference) to the created tied hash. The existing values in the hash remain, the keys are adapted to the needs of the the casing. $obj->addPairs(PAIRS) Specify an even length list of alternating key and value to be stored in the hash. $obj->setHash(HASH) The functionality differs for native and wrapper hashes. For native hashes, this is the same as first clearing the hash, and then a call to addHashData(). Wrapper hashes will use the hash you specify here to store the data, and re-create the mapping hash. tie(HASH, TIE, [VALUES,] OPTIONS) Tie the HASH with the TIE package which extends Hash::Case. The OPTIONS differ per implementation: read the manual page for the package you actually use. The VALUES is a reference to an array containing key-value pairs, or a reference to a hash: they fill the initial hash. example: my %x; tie %x, 'Hash::Case::Lower'; $x{Upper} = 3; print keys %x; # 'upper' my @y = (ABC => 3, DeF => 4); tie %x, 'Hash::Case::Lower', @y; print keys %x; # 'abc' 'def' my %z = (ABC => 3, DeF => 4); tie %x, 'Hash::Case::Lower', \%z; SEE ALSO
This module is part of Hash-Case distribution version 1.02, built on March 09, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/hash-case/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2002-2003,2007-2012 by Mark Overmeer. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 Hash::Case(3pm)