Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: laptop - flickering display
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu laptop - flickering display Post 302312522 by TonyFullerMalv on Friday 1st of May 2009 04:10:59 PM
Old 05-01-2009
If it is your screen that is flickering i suggest you check the refresh rate being using against the spec of your machine: System -> Preferences - Display
Mine is set to Auto, in your case you may to override it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

installation on a laptop!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

Hi. I am tring to install solaris 8 on my laptop. i completely installed it and when the screen pops up it all grey and ugly... Man.. i am having this problem for days... i went to xfree86 site and download some univerisal drivers and that didn't work.. Man i need your guys help this is a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Laptop Compatability

I would like to know if anybody has had success loading Solaris 8 onto a laptop? If so, what was the make and the model:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bilal_aa
5 Replies

3. BSD

FreeBSD on a Laptop

In this post, hitechredneck said: I lost the C drive in my venerable Inspiron 8200 :eek: I have installed a temporary replacement C drive and I have a Seagate ST910021A on order for it. If I can get that drive to work with my Inspiron 8200, I am going to install a quad boot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Several OS's on a single laptop?

I'm a reasonably experienced linux user and would now like to try some different systems. I have a laptop with 80 gb hd which will be the candidate. However, can I have several OS's installed on a single hd? I was thinking of 5-6 OS's (4 linux systems, one BSD and on WINdoze). My question is: will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Im new at this and need help with my laptop

Ok, I recently purchased a lapto and the harddrive crashed. I bought a new one and now half of the functions on it wont work. I cant watch DVD's and non eof my Fn keys work. Any suggestions? Also wanting to learn how to program, anybody know a good way to go about it/learn computer languages? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beachbummer88
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

#service --status-all : screen flickering

hi there when i run #service --status-all or #service nfs status the screen flickers if i ssh from remote system than i dont have flickering on the remote nor that system. is it something to do with probably display configuration. ? and which file are the display setting... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
7 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Rectangle is flickering while dragging on screen with xlib

Hi, this is my first post here. I wanto make a screencasting program. I want to make a screen part selection to grab coordinates of the screen location. I found a nice prototype #include <X11/Xlib.h> //#include <X11/Xresource.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatnext
0 Replies
LM-PROFILER.CONF(8)					      System Manager's Manual					       LM-PROFILER.CONF(8)

NAME
/etc/laptop-mode/lm-profiler.conf - Configuration file for lm-profiler, a profiler for laptop-mode-tools. DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the options that can be set in the /etc/laptop-mode/lm-profiler.conf configuration file. For a description of what lm-profiler does, see the lm-profiler(8) manpage. SETTINGS
The syntax of options is OPTION=value. The following settings are available in lm-profiler.conf: VERBOSE_OUTPUT Set this to 1 if you want to see a lot of output when you run lm-profiler, and 0 if you don't want this. Useful for debugging purposes. (Currently does nothing.) PROFILE_RUN_LENGTH The length of a profiling run, in seconds. This should be a while, so that lm-profiler can gather enough information. The default is 10 minutes (600 seconds). ACTIVITY_INTERVAL_MIN ACTIVITY_INTERVAL_MAX The behaviour that you want to avoid when you have your hard drive spun down, is disk accesses that are spread out over time, because your hard drive will have to spin up for each access. lm-profiler detects when applications perform disk accesses that are at least some time apart (otherwise they can be considered part of the same access) but not TOO far apart (otherwise they are no problem). These settings configure what lm-profiler considers "at least some time apart" and "too far apart", respectively, in seconds. RECOMMEND_DEFAULT_SERVICES DEFAULT_SERVICES If RECOMMEND_DEFAULT_SERVICES is set to 1 (enabled), then lm-profiler will always suggest turning off the services listed in DEFAULT_SERVICES (separated by spaces). IGNORE_PROGRAMS Programs listed in this option, separated by spaces, will be ignored for disk activity profiling. The default settings (which can be referenced as $DEF_IGNORE_PROGRAMS) include common utility programs and all programs used by lm-profiler itself. RECOMMEND_NETWORK_SERVICES When this option is enabled (value 1), lm-profiler will detect any services that are listening on network ports, and it will sug- gest that you disable them. IGNORE_NETWORK_SERVICES Services listed in this configuration option (separated by spaces) are not suggested as a network service by lm-profiler. The default values can be accessed as $DEF_IGNORE_NETWORK_SERVICES. SEE ALSO
lm-profiler(8). laptop_mode(8). laptop-mode.conf(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Samwel (bart@samwel.tk). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. LM-PROFILER.CONF(8)