Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated file. Post 302312492 by vgersh99 on Friday 1st of May 2009 02:33:25 PM
Old 05-01-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith
FileA

ABC,ABC,ABC
ABC,ABC,ABC
ABC,ABC,ABC
ABC,ABC,ABC
ABC,ABC,ABC
FileB
ABC ABC ABC

ABC ABC ABC
ABC ABC ABC

ABC ABC ABC
ABC ABC ABC

Thanks
Can you think of what's common between FileA and FileB in regards to the so-called 'blank lines'?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and then concat 4m other file (comma seperated)

My query is now a bit simplified. file1.txt names; ID; value1 ; values N; ABC; 1 ; a18 ; ... CDF; 2 ; b16 ; .. ABC; 1 ; c13 ; ...... EFG; 3 ;d12 ; ... file2.txt ID(Unique);smVals; smVal1; smVal N; 1; ...; ...; ...; 2; ..; ..; ..; 3; ..; ..; ..; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: szchmaltz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming fields for comma or pipe seperated file

I have file like this FileA: abc , "helloworld" , america def,asia, japan ghi, africa, ipl Output Needed: abc,"helloworld",america def,asia,japan ghi,africa,ipl I would like to implement using awk. I want to trim each field for its leading and trailing spaces. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to append a value seperated by comma

I have a file like below. How can I add a new value after moss separated by a comma. This adding script should work in such a way that each time i pass a value it should be added one after the other separated by commas. hru:122: hello:123:john,philip,mary,kp,moss hi:124: bye:125: Can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Comma seperated arguments

Hi How to takes coma seperated arguments and and parsing each argument to varaiable that has used further in the script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert comma seperated file to line seperated.

Hi, I have data like this. 1,2,3,4 Output required: 1 2 3 4 I am trying to use tr function but getting error. Help is appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help removing leading spaces from one field in comma seperated file

Using awk or sed, I'd like to remove leading spaces after a comma and before a right justified number in field 6. Sounds simple but I can't find a solution. Each field's formatting must stay intact. Input: 40,123456-02,160,05/24/2012,02/13/1977, 10699.15,0 Output:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in rearranging the content of a file comma seperated

I have a file with the below content a = test1 b = test2 a = test3 b= test4 c = test6 b = test5 d = test7 d = test9 Need the output to be as follows a = test1,test3 b = test2, test5 c = test6 d = test7, test9 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iron_michael86
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seperated a Column from 'ESC' Character seperated file

Hi Experts I have an escape seperated fields in the unix file. And in the below format file I need to extract the first column. Please help its urgent. cat -v op.dat | head 24397028^ I want to extract the file in below format ( with only first column ) 24397028 2439707 thanks. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha_suri06
6 Replies
REPOSDUMP(1)						     Linux Programmers Manual						      REPOSDUMP(1)

NAME
reposdump - utility for dumping SBLIM Data Gatherer online metric repository SYNOPSIS
reposdump [age] [interval] [directory] DESCRIPTION
The reposdump program is used to dump the metrics from the reposd(8) daemons online repository. The metric data is exported into a flat text file. The file contains sections seperated by lines with the following format. ===metricdefs <pluginname>=== ===metricvals <pluginname>=== Each section contains a list of comma seperated records containing the defined metric or metric values. A sample perl script /usr/share/reposd2csv.pl is included which demonstrates converting the dump data into a comma seperated value list (CSV) suitable for import into a spreadsheet. OPTIONS
age Maximum sample age in seconds to be dumped. interval Sample interval granularity in seconds to be dumped. directory Directory in which to dump metric file. BUGS
The SBLIM project maintains a mailing list to which you should direct all questions regarding sfcb, sfcc, wbemcli, the metric data gatherer, or any of the SBLIM providers. To subscribe to this list visit: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sblim-issues Please report bugs you discover to the bug tracker. The SBLIM project bug tracking page can be found at: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=128809&atid=712784 AUTHORS
Please refer to the AUTHORS file distributed with sblim-gather. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2012 IBM Corp. LICENSE
reposdump is distributed under the terms of the Eclipse Public License ("Agreement"). Any use, reproduction or distribution of this program constitutes recipeients acceptance of the agreement. You can obtain a current copy of the Eclipse Public License from http://www.opensource.org/licenses/eclipse-1.0.php SEE ALSO
reposd(8) sblim-gather-2.2.8 06/17/2014 REPOSDUMP(1)