Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sh with Oracle utilities fails Post 302311922 by sunpraveen on Thursday 30th of April 2009 02:09:12 AM
Old 04-30-2009
Simon,

Why is it that you want to use imp or exp with sh?

imp is NOT a shell script. It is an executable created using the libraries under $ORACLE_HOME.

Only shell scripts can be run using the sh <filename> command, not executables.

Code:
# file $ORACLE_HOME/bin/imp
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/imp:    ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped

HTH, Smilie

Regards,

Praveen

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

version of the utilities

Hi, Can anyone tell me how i can know the version of the utilities (to be specific "make" and "ar") in HP-UX ver 11.00. thanks, abey. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bc and wc utilities???

Hi, Can anybody explain bc and wc system utilities in Unix? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

non GNU utilities

Hi Chaps, Does anyone know of a source of proprietary unix utilities. I often fall into the trap of testing a spot of code on my linux machine, posting the answer in the forums and then realise that the solution may only work with the GNU utils that I use, and not standard posix ones (if there are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wempy
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make test fails for DBD::Oracle installation

I've already installed the DBI Perl Module with no issues and now I'm attempting to install the DBD::Oracle driver on a Red Hat Enterprise 4 server and am having some trouble. I've checked through the forums and haven't seen anything helpful at this point. Everything goes fine during the perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstrosnyder
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

utilities

hi experts, i have a file sample: ======= 000123 5 7 0008 00345 5 9 0004 how can i get an output as 123 5 7 8 345 5 9 4 thanks in an advance subhendu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle client install for AIX - WinSCP fails

I am trying to install the oracle client for AIX. I downloaded the client to my Windows machine from Oracle Database 10g Release 2 for AIX5L "Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0)". 1. Is this right? (I need 9 or 10 client) It was .gz file that I am now trying to move from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab utilities

Hi gurus/lead, I have one doubt in crontab. I have shell script source code in one server. where I don't have priviliges acess R/W the shell script in that server. how can I setup the crontab to pick the code from the other unix server ? whether is there any possibility. in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

8. Linux

Ansible installation fails on standalone Oracle Linux

I have a standalone Oracle Linux server which has no connectivity to the internet. I was following a blog which directed me to download all ansible dependent setup files and install them using the below command. # yum localinstall -y python-crypto-2.6.1-1.el7.rf.x86_64.rpm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
IMP(4P) 																   IMP(4P)

NAME
imp - IMP raw socket interface SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <netimp/if_imp.h> s = socket(AF_IMPLINK, SOCK_RAW, proto); DESCRIPTION
The raw imp socket provides direct access to the imp(4) network interface. Users send packets through the interface using the send(2) calls, and receive packets with the recv(2), calls. All outgoing packets must have an 1822 96-bit leader on the front. Likewise, packets received by the user will have this leader on the front. The 1822 leader and the legal values for the various fields are defined in the include file <netimp/if_imp.h>. The raw imp interface automatically installs the length and destination address in the 1822 leader of all outgoing packets; these need not be filled in by the user. If the protocol selected, proto, is zero, the socket will receive all IMP messages except RFNM and incompletes which are not input data for a kernel protocol. If proto is non-zero, only messages for the specified link type will be received. DIAGNOSTICS
An operation on a socket may fail with one of the following errors: [EISCONN] when trying to establish a connection on a socket which already has one, or when trying to send a datagram with the destina- tion address specified and the socket is already connected; [ENOTCONN] when trying to send a datagram, but no destination address is specified, and the socket hasn't been connected; [ENOBUFS] when the system runs out of memory for an internal data structure; [ENOBUFS] eight messages to the destination host are outstanding, and another eight are already queued for output; [EADDRNOTAVAIL] when an attempt is made to create a socket with a network address for which no network interface exists. SEE ALSO
intro(4N), inet(4F), imp(4) 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 16, 1986 IMP(4P)