Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grub loading stage 1.5.
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users grub loading stage 1.5. Post 302311909 by thegreatalsky on Thursday 30th of April 2009 01:24:55 AM
Old 04-30-2009
Error grub loading stage 1.5.

Hi people,I am trying to install Debian Lenny Betta-2 on a system that has the built in promise chip for "Raid 0" but when I finished the install and then I reboot ,I get "grub loading,pleas wate... Error 2.
also the Debian Lenny Betta-2 is identifying both drives ,instead of a singular drive "Drive C: "when I scand the Debian Lenny Betta-2 hard ware this is what the system came came up with ?
Device to use as root
file system
/dev/hde1/dev/hdg5 <<<<this is where I stored the file system
/dev/hde2
/dev/hde5
/dev/hdg1
/dev/hdg2
so then I typed in the shell "chroot /terget"
and the response was "sh-3.1#"
I have another p/c and It is useing the Debian Lenny Betta-2 in an i386 architecture no problem
but that system in knot using the promise chip for raid 0

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grub problem- keeps rebooting as soon as it tries to do grub

Hi, I installed solaris 10 a few weeks ago. It was working fine during the past two weeks. However, now when I start to load to the drive, I get this problem: The BIOS screen comes up like normal, then screen goes blank and a message "Grub loading stage 2" flashes real quick then the computer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moesays
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple stage file move?

Greetings all. I need is a script that will move a file from one known dir to another, then grab another file from a different dir to replace it, and have absolutely zero clue how to do this. Here's what I am trying to do: A web client wants his site header image to change based on US... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccvortex
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function loading in a shell scripting like class loading in java

Like class loader in java, can we make a function loader in shell script, for this can someone throw some light on how internally bash runs a shell script , what happenes in runtime ... thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpsc_sela
1 Replies

4. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

5. Red Hat

Grub is not loading the correct kernel

All I am trying to get RHEL 5.4 to load to the XEN enabled kernel but I am not having much luck. My grub.conf looks like it has 2.6.18-194.11.3.el5xen as the 1st one but when I do a uname -a I get the NON xen enabled kernel. I know I am doing something stupid but if anybody has any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: razor3928
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Can we specify which grub.conf to use in grub-install.

Hi, Can we specify which grub.conf to use while installing grub on RHEL. We are working on application which requires different grub configurations needed, depending on certain criteria we need to update grub with correct grub.conf. Can we use grub-install for this purpose? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: successlin
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Linux LVM.. Grub not loading from replaced disk

Hi, a little while ago, one of the GPT Partitioned hard disk had gone faulty in a Mirror RAID and is now successfully replaced. here is how I did that. 1) created identical partition table on the new disk. 2) attached the mirrors using md commands. The whole procedure is given... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
5 Replies

8. Linux

Grub not loading from replaced disk

Hi, a little while ago, one of the GPT Partitioned hard disk had gone faulty in a Mirror RAID and is now successfully replaced. here is how I did that. 1) created identical partition table on the new disk. 2) attached the mirrors using md commands. The whole procedure is given below:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data stage - UNIX

HI I am a datastage (ETL) developer , i have sequence and it has got one job to run , by using UNIX / Shell script , i have to find " after running the job in sequence successfully , i need to find whether it has inserted any no of records into the table or not "? both source and targets DB2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sopinti
2 Replies
GRUB(8) 								FSF								   GRUB(8)

NAME
grub - the grub shell SYNOPSIS
grub [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Enter the GRand Unified Bootloader command shell. --batch turn on batch mode for non-interactive use --boot-drive=DRIVE specify stage2 boot_drive [default=0x0] --config-file=FILE specify stage2 config_file [default=/boot/grub/menu.lst] --device-map=FILE use the device map file FILE --help display this message and exit --hold wait until a debugger will attach --install-partition=PAR specify stage2 install_partition [default=0x20000] --no-config-file do not use the config file --no-curses do not use curses --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --no-pager do not use internal pager --preset-menu use the preset menu --probe-second-floppy probe the second floppy drive --read-only do not write anything to devices --verbose print verbose messages --version print version information and exit REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
update-grub(8), grub-install(8). The full documentation for grub is maintained as a Texinfo manual in the grub-legacy-doc package. If the info and grub programs are prop- erly installed at your site, the command info grub should give you access to the complete manual. grub (GNU GRUB 0.97) January 2013 GRUB(8)