Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search for any number, and retain them in replacement Post 302311821 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 04:48:12 PM
Old 04-29-2009
Code:
echo 'foo 1234 bar fred 56 7890 baz' | sed 's/[0-9][0-9]*/&<myWordHere>/g'

Last edited by vgersh99; 04-30-2009 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: no need for a 'capture'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Retain Only specific number of file in Directory

I want to retain specific number of backup files in a directory.for example i want to retain only two latest backup file in backup directory. If number of backup files is greater than this policy that it will delete oldest file.Please Tell me whether this is possible or not. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranvijaidba
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a number in a certain field

Hello, I have a file that looks like this: num11 num12 num13 word1 num21 num22 num23 word2 num31 num32 num33 word3 . . . I would like to search for the lines that contain a given number, but I need to narrow the search only to the first field, that means that the number has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script for search and replacement

New to scripting.. think i need sed to do the following but need help. have a properties files with variable i need to replace using substitution for e.g in x.properties xslt.root.dir=/apps1/test/cs.war/presentation/xsl have a shell script with following echo "Edit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cookie23patel
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

global search and replacement of a non-ascii character

Hi, I need to do a global search and replacement of a non-ascii character. Let me first give the background of my problem. Very frequently, I need to copy set of references from different sources. Typically, a reference would like this: Banumathy et al., 2002 G. Banumathy, V. Singh and U.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: effjay
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple String with a number replacement and more..

Hello all, First of all, I could not made up a nice title what explains my problem in short,sorry for that already. I have the next file which contains the following, CREATE:ENTRY:\ DNAME,"referenceId=sondakika30,referenceId=User1,\ referenceId=Company,\ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sondakika
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search and replace a number

a=`grep -i a.sh filename.sh|cut -d "|" -f4` b=`expr $a + 1` filename=`grep -i a.sh filename.sh` while read line do echo $line echo $filename if then echo "entered if" nawk ' BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|" } { sub('$a', '$b', $4) print $0}' filename.sh fi echo "exit if" done <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hs.giri
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VIM search and replace with line breaks in both the target and replacement text

Hi, Ive spent ages trying to find an explanation for how to do this on the web, but now feel like I'm :wall: I would like to change each occurence (there are many within my script) of the following: to in Vim. I know how to search and replace when it is just single lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blueade7
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Encrypting" using number replacement

Hi, I have a task of "encrypting" a file by replacing the numbers with another set of numbers. Sort of swapping the values, say: 1 = 5 2 = 8 3 = 7 4 = 1 5 = 9 and so on.. so if i have 12345, my output should be 58719. problem is i get 98719 since after swapping 1 to 5, my sed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentgrecko
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive replacement of search string using sed

Dear Unix Forum Group Members, Please do let me know how I can replace the double pipe with single pipe recursively on single record. Sample Input Data: DN set|Call prefix||| Called number address nature 0||| *789|||||||ALL number types 0||| 00||||||||ALL number types 10||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinu.kadem
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Busybox search replacement for find

Hi, I am looking for a solution to find files in a folder and subfolders. Those files should be moved (some with spaces) when they were between 2015 Feb. 03 and 2014 Nov. 24. find . -type f -newermt "2010-01-01" ! -newermt "2010-06-01" I am working on a QNAP with a small busybox.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krischeu
2 Replies
Mojo::Path(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Mojo::Path(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::Path - Path SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::Path; my $path = Mojo::Path->new('/foo%2Fbar%3B/baz.html'); shift @{$path->parts}; say $path; DESCRIPTION
Mojo::Path is a container for URL paths. ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::Path implements the following attributes. "leading_slash" my $leading_slash = $path->leading_slash; $path = $path->leading_slash(1); Path has a leading slash. "parts" my $parts = $path->parts; $path = $path->parts([qw(foo bar baz)]); The path parts. # Part with slash push @{$path->parts}, 'foo/bar'; "trailing_slash" my $trailing_slash = $path->trailing_slash; $path = $path->trailing_slash(1); Path has a trailing slash. METHODS
Mojo::Path inherits all methods from Mojo::Base and implements the following new ones. "new" my $path = Mojo::Path->new; my $path = Mojo::Path->new('/foo%2Fbar%3B/baz.html'); Construct a new Mojo::Path object. "canonicalize" $path = $path->canonicalize; Canonicalize path. # "/foo/baz" Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar/../baz')->canonicalize; "clone" my $clone = $path->clone; Clone path. "contains" my $success = $path->contains('/foo'); Check if path contains given prefix. # True Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->contains('/'); Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->contains('/foo'); Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->contains('/foo/bar'); # False Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->contains('/f'); Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->contains('/bar'); Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->contains('/whatever'); "merge" $path = $path->merge('/foo/bar'); $path = $path->merge('foo/bar'); $path = $path->merge(Mojo::Path->new('foo/bar')); Merge paths. # "/baz/yada" Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->merge('/baz/yada'); # "/foo/baz/yada" Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->merge('baz/yada'); # "/foo/bar/baz/yada" Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar/')->merge('baz/yada'); "parse" $path = $path->parse('/foo%2Fbar%3B/baz.html'); Parse path. Note that %2F will be treated as "/" for security reasons. "to_abs_string" my $string = $path->to_abs_string; Turn path into an absolute string. "to_string" my $string = $path->to_string; Turn path into a string. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::Path(3pm)