Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recover dropped database
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Recover dropped database Post 302311815 by Eastme on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 04:05:16 PM
Old 04-29-2009
Recover dropped database

I have deleted a database. I restored it again with a backup.
Now we lost some data of two days.
Is it possible to restore this lost data?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

are dropped packets a sign of network problem?

in a xen environment , i see a lot op dropped packets via netstat -i Is this a sign of network problems, or is it normal to see this kind of numbers? i'm not sure how to interprete the data. is this normal, bad, critical. What are your stats on this? I guess i have a xen issue of some sort,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

System chrashe , dropped into Busybox

This is the mistake that i've done : First of all go to /etc/apt/sources.list folder from terminal or using file manager ... than copy the content of sources.list in to your adequate source.list. Create a file named sources.list.bt and paste the same content In the end open the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dud3
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON Job to copy database and replace existing database

I have a reseller account with hostgator, which means i have WHM and Cpanel. I have set up a staging environment for one of my wordpress installations (client website), which is essentially sitting at staging.domain.com (live site is at domain.com). The staging website is a complete copy of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nzrobert
1 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

MySQL dropped in favor of MariaDB

Fedora and openSUSE will replace MySQL with MariaDB: Oracle who? Fedora & openSUSE will replace MySQL with MariaDB | ZDNet The article also has a comment that Chakra is planning on doing the same. No doubt the Fedora based distributions are planning to do the same. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MySQL Database Missing on UNIX server. Possible to recover?

My dedicated server is VERY old (running Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) PHP/4.4.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510). We have a script that runs and manages our customer database. Early in the morning last Friday, it was working fine and processed data as usual. Later in the day, we got this error: Cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SurfMe69
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Recover Solaris 11 pkg database

Hi, I was messing with pkgsrc and wanted to start fresh so I manually deleted the /var/pkg directory on Solaris 11 :eek: (of course I was supposed to delete the /var/db folder instead)... Anyways... I've basically bricked the Solaris11 Package Manager. Do you know if there is any way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: testers1717
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find User who dropped table in teradata DB

HI Team Is there a way to track which user dropped the table in Teradata ? Please share the query or approach . Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Records not dropped from UNIX Script

Hi All, As per my biz requirement, I need to drop the partition from our PROD table based on the retention period. Hence I have written the script and called the drop partition procedure within the script. The procedure is working fine and droped the partition from the table when I execute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
4 Replies
VGCFGRESTORE(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   VGCFGRESTORE(8)

NAME
vgcfgrestore - restore volume group descriptor area SYNOPSIS
vgcfgrestore [-d|--debug] [-f|--file filename] [-l[l]|--list] [-h|--help] [-M|--Metadatatype1|2] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] VolumeGroupName DESCRIPTION
vgcfgrestore allows you to restore the metadata of VolumeGroupName from a text backup file produced by vgcfgbackup. You can specify a backup file with --file. If no backup file is specified, the most recent one is used. Use --list for a list of the available backup and archive files of VolumeGroupName. OPTIONS
-l | --list -- List files pertaining to VolumeGroupName List metadata backup and archive files pertaining to VolumeGroupName. May be used with the -f option. Does not restore Vol- umeGroupName. -f | --file filename -- Name of LVM metadata backup file Specifies a metadata backup or archive file to be used for restoring VolumeGroupName. Often this file has been created with vgcfg- backup. See lvm for common options. REPLACING PHYSICAL VOLUMES
vgdisplay --partial --verbose will show you the UUIDs and sizes of any PVs that are no longer present. If a PV in the VG is lost and you wish to substitute another of the same size, use pvcreate --restorefile filename --uuid uuid (plus additional arguments as appropriate) to initialise it with the same UUID as the missing PV. Repeat for all other missing PVs in the VG. Then use vgcfgrestore --file filename to restore the volume group's metadata. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGCFGRESTORE(8)