Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem on Pro*C compilation on HP-UX Post 302311742 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 11:52:53 AM
Old 04-29-2009
Our Oracle makefile requires the ansi/cc version at a minimum. You would be getting hundreds of syntax errors if you were running against the old K & R compiler - unless your code is really old-fashioned. vbe is right

Can you get the good .o files from tape somewhere? AND. Are you positive the .o files are not also parked in a directory that gets scanned by the -I direcretive? Meaning the .o files could be ancient. And the linker uses them before ld's include path finds the new ones?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

domain logon problem - FreeBSD PDC w/ win2k pro and winxp pro

this is the seventh problem i'm having with samba. for some reason, i cannot logon to the domain. i've created user accounts... and i was able to establish a connection between the samba server (my PDC) and my workstations by logging in as "root." however now when i try to logon it gives... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. Solaris

compilation problem

I am compiling a software named wine When i run make then at the end following error generated. DVAPI32_ -foversion.res version.rc ld.so.1: ../../tools/wrc/wrc: fatal: relocation error: file ../../tools/wrc/wrc: symbol wine_casemap_upper: referenced symbol not found *** Signal 9 make:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
0 Replies

3. Programming

compilation problem

i have a class name 1.c in tht i am using function n wich has his body in 2.c and declaration in 2.h now how can i compile 1.c. ex; 1.c int main() { //some data n(10); //somedata } ***** 2.c int n(int k) { //some data } int main() { some data (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

4. Programming

Compilation problem on HP-UX

Hi, Environment : HP-UX avalon B.11.11 U 9000/800 3547052374 unlimited-user license aCC version :aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.37 I need to find a way out of this errors.can anyone help me . $ aCC db.cc -I$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/public -I/disk1/oracle/product/10.2.0.2/* Error (future)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varuntayur
1 Replies

5. Programming

pro*c compilation error

Hi, Recently our codes have been migrated to new server, whenever we compile any pro*c programs we receive the following errorl. please help >> make -f lib_util.mk all CC= ucbcc 4Compiling lib_util ### command line files and options (expanded): ### -xO3 -DNULL=0 -v -o lib_util.o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satvd
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pro*c compilation error

Hi, Recently our codes have been migrated to new server, whenever we compile any pro*c programs we receive the following errorl. please help >> make -f lib_util.mk all CC= ucbcc 4Compiling lib_util ### command line files and options (expanded): ### -xO3 -DNULL=0 -v -o lib_util.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satvd
1 Replies

7. AIX

Pro C Compilation problem

Hi, I have AIX 5.3 and my code is written in proc . i am getting following error during compilation Please help?////..... :-d: Compiling with RMS cc -w -q32 -qidirfirst -ISource/Header -I/usr/vacpp/include -q32 -DRMS -DDISEC -DDBG -DBIGENDIAN -DBIT32 -c -q32... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
0 Replies

8. Programming

Compilation error when compiling Pro*C code

I'm running a query similar to the one that I'm describing below -: _______________________________ EXEC SQL INSERT INTO TABLE1 ( C1 ,C2 ,C3 ,C4 ) (SELECT DISTINCT B.V1 ,B.V2 ,( SELECT D.V3 FROM TABLE2 D WHERE D.V3 = C.V4) ,B.V4 FROM TABLE2 B ,TABLE3 C WHERE B.V3 = C.V4) ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshp
1 Replies

9. Programming

C Compilation problem

Dear all I am new to C programming In response to the post cat get_time.c #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/time.h> main() { struct timeval tv; struct timezone tz; struct tm *tm; gettimeofday(&tv, &tz); tm=localtime(&tv.tv_sec); printf("... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: on9west
2 Replies

10. AIX

Problem in compilation.

Hi, I am executing the below mentioned code:- proc SQLCHECK=SEMANTICS iname=CDBInteractor.pc parse=none code=cpp cpp_suffix=cpp g++ -c main.cpp g++ -o pre_request_engine main.o -I/oracle/oracle/app/product/10g/precomp -L/oracle/oracle/app/product/10g/lib32 -lnsl -ldl And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
2 Replies
ccmakedep(1)						      General Commands Manual						      ccmakedep(1)

NAME
ccmakedep - create dependencies in makefiles using a C compiler SYNOPSIS
ccmakedep [ cpp-flags ] [ -wwidth ] [ -smagic-string ] [ -fmakefile ] [ -oobject-suffix ] [ -v ] [ -a ] [ -cccompiler ] [ -- options -- ] sourcefile ... DESCRIPTION
The ccmakedep program calls a C compiler to preprocess each sourcefile, and uses the output to construct makefile rules describing their dependencies. These rules instruct make(1) on which object files must be recompiled when a dependency has changed. By default, ccmakedep places its output in the file named makefile if it exists, otherwise Makefile. An alternate makefile may be speci- fied with the -f option. It first searches the makefile for a line beginning with # DO NOT DELETE or one provided with the -s option, as a delimiter for the dependency output. If it finds it, it will delete everything following this up to the end of the makefile and put the output after this line. If it doesn't find it, the program will append the string to the makefile and place the output after that. EXAMPLE
Normally, ccmakedep will be used in a makefile target so that typing 'make depend' will bring the dependencies up to date for the makefile. For example, SRCS = file1.c file2.c ... CFLAGS = -O -DHACK -I../foobar -xyz depend: ccmakedep -- $(CFLAGS) -- $(SRCS) OPTIONS
The program will ignore any option that it does not understand, so you may use the same arguments that you would for cc(1), including -D and -U options to define and undefine symbols and -I to set the include path. -a Append the dependencies to the file instead of replacing existing dependencies. -cccompiler Use this compiler to generate dependencies. -fmakefile Filename. This allows you to specify an alternate makefile in which ccmakedep can place its output. Specifying "-" as the file name (that is, -f-) sends the output to standard output instead of modifying an existing file. -sstring Starting string delimiter. This option permits you to specify a different string for ccmakedep to look for in the makefile. The default is "# DO NOT DELETE". -v Be verbose: display the C compiler command before running it. -- options -- If ccmakedep encounters a double hyphen (--) in the argument list, then any unrecognized arguments following it will be silently ignored. A second double hyphen terminates this special treatment. In this way, ccmakedep can be made to safely ignore esoteric compiler arguments that might normally be found in a CFLAGS make macro (see the EXAMPLE section above). -D, -I, and -U options appearing between the pair of double hyphens are still processed normally. SEE ALSO
cc(1), make(1), makedepend(1), ccmakedep(1). AUTHOR
ccmakedep was written by the X Consortium. Colin Watson wrote this manual page, originally for the Debian Project, based partly on the manual page for makedepend(1). X Version 11 imake 1.0.5 ccmakedep(1)