Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rsync mirror of download directory Post 302311696 by otheus on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 10:22:15 AM
Old 04-29-2009
This actually can be a hard problem. How are the incoming files stored? FTP ? SSH? shell script?

Can you run the command "lsof" ? If not, can you install it ? If you can run it, try:
Code:
 DIR=<dir-to-mirror>
 /usr/sbin/lsof -F nc  +D $DIR  |sed -n 's/^n//p;' |sort -u

You can output that to a file and had it to rsync via --exclude-from=FILE option.
Don't forget to put the output outside of $DIR and remove it after each rsync.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why rsync deletes source directory?

Hi I have a strange problem. Sometimes when I execute the below command something wierd happens. rsync -avz -e ssh travegre@travegre.net: ../travegre.net/ the folder named "hm" that is held in travegre.net and is coppied along with all the other folders and data at travegre.net, gets... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: travegre
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync deletes original directory

Hi I have a strange problem. Sometimes when I execute the below command something wierd happens. rsync -avz -e ssh travegre@travegre.net: ../travegre.net/ the folder named "hm" that is held in travegre.net and is coppied along with all the other folders and data at travegre.net, gets deleted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: travegre
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to rsync or tar directory trees, with hidden directory, but without files?

I want to backup all the directory tress, including hidden directories, without copying any files. find . -type d gives the perfect list. When I tried tar, it won't work for me because it tars all the files. find . -type d | xargs tar -cvf a.tar So i tried rsync. On my own test box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fld2007
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget command help to download packages from mirror

Index of /distribution/openSUSE-stable/repo/oss/suse/i586 How can i download packages with wget from that mirror with a string "alsa"? Such as: alsa-1.0.23-2.12.i586.rpm alsa-devel-1.0.23-2.12.i586.rpm alsa-oss-1.0.17-29.2.i586.rpm Not manually downloading packages. But i'm trying to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync: skip mail directory

i want to skip the /home/user/mail directory in an rsync but only in this level not like /home/user/public_html/anotherscript/mail if i have a command like this rsync -av --exclude mail /home/$USER root@$SERVERIP:/home2 does it exclude only the mail directory directly under... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync defined directory

i want to copy with rsync a specified (sub)-directory and the according folders and files below. my test failed : cd /dir /usr/bin/rsync -ravz -e ssh --include='*/' --include='*/00/*/*' --exclude='*' . remote_host:/tmp i want to copy in these example the directory "00" and the according... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move directory with rsync and delete from source

I need a rsync command which will exclude certain files and directories from source and copy the rest. I got this command working, sudo rsync -avzh --exclude 'bin' --exclude 'braintree' --exclude 'colinmollenhour' --exclude 'composer' --exclude 'doctrine' --exclude 'fabpot' --exclude... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
NETDISCO-MIBS-DOWNLOAD(1)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 NETDISCO-MIBS-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
netdisco-mibs-download - Downloader for the Netdisco MIB bundle VERSION
This document refers to version 1.0700 of netdisco-mibs-download DESCRIPTION
Run this program to download the Netdisco MIB files bundle from Sourceforge. If the download is successful, you can run the netdisco-mibs- install program to unpack and install them. If the download fails, you can visit the Netdisco Sourceforge downloads page, details of which are given by this program on failure, and get the bundle yourself. ENVIRONMENT
Setting the environment variable "MIBS_DEBUG" to a true value will display information about failed mirror site downloads. EXIT CODES
0 - Successful download 1 - Failed download, possibly no available mirror 2 - Program must be run as root, and you are not root 3 - Error regarding the download directory AUTHOR
Oliver Gorwits "<oliver@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (c) The University of Oxford 2007. All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA perl v5.14.2 2012-08-15 NETDISCO-MIBS-DOWNLOAD(1)