Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Get Database Service Names
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get Database Service Names Post 302311566 by Roshan1286 on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 04:40:10 AM
Old 04-29-2009
Question Get Database Service Names

Hi Everyone,

I want to know which database (Oracle,SQL,Informix...) are installed on Unix Machine.
I have very limited experience on Unix Environment, Smilie So I have no idea of getting this information. But in windows we can get Service names using WMI. Is there any similar way of Doing so?

I would like to know the command which can list the running processes from which i can recognize the processes belonging to database.

Thank You in AdvanceSmilie

Roshan

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Oracle Database and HTTPD Web Service

Hi, I have a Solaris 5.6 having an Oracle database.Now this server is being accessed by a web service interface.I cannot see anything other than httpd daemons running on my server. There is a frequent problem of the stopping of these httpd daemons . Now i am asked to find the root case.I talked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

2. AIX

0514-516 Device Configuration Database Lock Service

Hello guys, on one of our AIX VIO LPARs I can not remove hdiskpower devices, which seemed to presented to the VIO in an incorrect way and behaviour (not all paths can be seen, pseudo device name is unknown etc.) Therefor I decided to deattach the hdiskpower device from PowerPath controll by: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomek79
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI - "parser" for DBI handles SYNOPSIS
use DBI; use SQL::Translator; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dsn', 'user', 'pass', { RaiseError => 1, FetchHashKeyName => 'NAME_lc', } ); my $translator = SQL::Translator->new( parser => 'DBI', dbh => $dbh, ); Or: use SQL::Translator; my $translator = SQL::Translator->new( parser => 'DBI', parser_args => { dsn => 'dbi:mysql:FOO', db_user => 'guest', db_password => 'password', } ); DESCRIPTION
This parser accepts an open database handle (or the arguments to create one) and queries the database directly for the information. The following are acceptable arguments: o dbh An open DBI database handle. NB: Be sure to create the database with the "FetchHashKeyName => 'NAME_lc'" option as all the DBI parsers expect lowercased column names. o dsn The DSN to use for connecting to a database. o db_user The user name to use for connecting to a database. o db_password The password to use for connecting to a database. There is no need to specify which type of database you are querying as this is determined automatically by inspecting $dbh->{'Driver'}{'Name'}. If a parser exists for your database, it will be used automatically; if not, the code will fail automatically (and you can write the parser and contribute it to the project!). Currently parsers exist for the following databases: o MySQL o SQLite o Sybase o PostgreSQL (still experimental) Most of these parsers are able to query the database directly for the structure rather than parsing a text file. For large schemas, this is probably orders of magnitude faster than traditional parsing (which uses Parse::RecDescent, an amazing module but really quite slow). Though no Oracle parser currently exists, it would be fairly easy to query an Oracle database directly by using DDL::Oracle to generate a DDL for the schema and then using the normal Oracle parser on this. Perhaps future versions of SQL::Translator will include the ability to query Oracle directly and skip the parsing of a text file, too. AUTHOR
Ken Y. Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
DBI, SQL::Translator. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-01 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)