Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and copy to a new file-Help Post 302311530 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 02:50:38 AM
Old 04-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxidow
Excellent.. A great help.... Thanks a lot for the Swift Reply.. :-) Could you please explain the code for me. so that i will get better understanding of it..
Code:
awk '/imrm\/Delasco_Invoices_DayForward_Scan/{
  print "imrm/Delasco_Invoices_DayForward_Scan"
  f=1

If the line contains the regexp print the header and assign 1 to the variable f.

Code:
/QUIT/{f=0}

If the line contains QUIT unset the variable f.

Code:
f && /STOR/' file > newfile

If the variable f is set and the line contains the word STOR print the line.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for strings & copy to new file

Hi All, I am just learning shell programming, I need to do the following in my shell script. Search a given log file for two\more strings. If the the two\more strings are found then write it to a outputfile else if only one of the string is found, write the found string in one output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File extension search and copy

Hi need to know if we can write a shell script to find files for a particular format;s ie both .csv and .txt in a particular folder and then copy them to a new folder on a dialy basis. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished? Thanks, Sandeep (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
20 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to search for text in a file and copy file

Compete noob question.... I need a script to search through a directory and find files containing text string abcde1234 for example and then copy that file with that text string to another directory help please :eek: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imeadows
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I search first&second string & copy all content between them to other file?

Hi All, How do I search first string & second string and copy all content between them from one file to another file? Please help me.. Thanks In Advance. Regards, Pankaj (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajp
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search, copy and paste

Can i search in a file for more than one string at a time? And copy the next string after that and paste it in column style? Is it possible? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple strings on a file and copy the string next to it

I tried awk for this, but failed <or my code is not correct? I dont know>. Can anyone help me on this? ---------- Post updated at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:29 PM ---------- my working file looks like this: <empty> <empty> <empty> NAME :ABC AGE :15 GENDER... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help - search/copy from one file and search/paste to another

I am a newbie and would like some help with the following - Trying to search fileA for a string similar to - AS11000022010 30.4 31.7 43.7 53.8 60.5 71.1 75.2 74.7 66.9 56.6 42.7 32.5 53.3 I then want to replace that string with a string from fileB - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word and copy the file

Hi need help with a script or command My requirement is - I need to do a "ls -ltr tcserver*.syslog" files in /tmp, direct the output to a file ls -ltr tcserv*.syslog | grep "Jan 31" | awk '{printf "\n" $9}' > jandat.logs -Then open each file in above list and search for string/word,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the pattern and copy in to the file

my qn is i have one file hex.txt.it contains some junk data and some hexa valueslike hex.txt sdfjhjkh 0x1233jkfhgjfhgajk;gha 0xacdd jkgahfjkgha;sjghajklgha;gh aghfjkgh;a 0xccc jhfjkhsd ox23cd 0x456 jkhdfjhjkafh like this now iwant a script like to separate the hex values and paste into the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva.hardwork
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Copy Files

Hi All Need your help, I am looking for a script to search for files with specific extension as .log and then copy the latest one to a different folder. Here is the scenario /dev/abc/xyz/a_2_122920131.log /dev/abc/xyz/a_2_123020131.log /dev/abc/xyz/b_2_12302013.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmun
2 Replies
ENV(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    ENV(1)

NAME
env -- set and print environment SYNOPSIS
env [-i] [name=value ...] [utility [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
env executes utility after modifying the environment as specified on the command line. The option name=value specifies an environmental variable, name, with a value of value. The option '-i' causes env to completely ignore the environment it inherits. If no utility is specified, env prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name=value pair per line. EXIT STATUS
env exits with one of the following values: 0 utility was invoked and completed successfully. In this case the exit code is returned by the utility itself, not env. If no util- ity was specified, then env completed successfully and returned the exit code itself. 1 An invalid command line option was passed to env. 1-125 utility was invoked, but failed in some way; see its manual page for more information. In this case the exit code is returned by the utility itself, not env. 126 utility was found, but could not be invoked. 127 utility could not be found. COMPATIBILITY
The historic - option has been deprecated but is still supported in this implementation. SEE ALSO
execvp(3), environ(7) STANDARDS
The env utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). BUGS
env doesn't handle commands with equal (``='') signs in their names, for obvious reasons. BSD
June 8, 2007 BSD