Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VNC problem
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat VNC problem Post 302311497 by quan0509 on Tuesday 28th of April 2009 11:33:35 PM
Old 04-29-2009
do you want to see in your vnc console ? Graphic or non graphic.

Check your filewall first.

If graphic,after running command vncserver,
edit the file ~/.vnc/xstartup like this

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER  <-- uncomment this line
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc  <-- uncomment this line

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
twm &

and then run command

Code:
vncserver -kill :1

run command
Code:
vncserver

again to create vnc session.

Last edited by quan0509; 04-29-2009 at 12:44 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vnc

Anyone know of a site where I can download a copy (non-evaluation copy and preferably free. ;) nods to Neo's post in UNIX Operating System thread) of VNC for RedHat 8? Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make problem with "vnc"

i'm starting to think i post too much. alright a new problem... i'm trying to do the "make World" for Xvnc, and i keep running into the following error: # make World Building Release 6.3 of the X Window System. I hope you checked the configuration parameters in ./config/cf to see if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

3. Linux

VNC problem

Hi All, I really love this forum, i put here many problem and i got the solution. thanks to all forum guys. I am putting another problem here actually this problem in my VNC session to start the VNC session i am running : #vncserver -geometry 1024x768 -depth 24 New... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

VNC copy paste problem

Hi, Am unable to cut & paste between the VNC windows client and local Windows machine. In few VNC windows client, i was able to do. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: param_it
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problem with VNC

Hi all, I have a RHEL 5.0 vnc server. It is running on runlevel 5. When I try to connect with vnc client on Windows machine, it connects with no graphics. A terminal comes look like runlevel 3. When I check the run level on the terminal, it shows 5. I have both desktop (Gnome & KDE) installed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with VNC

Hi all, I have vncserver installed on Sun Solaris 8. The xstartup file looks like: #!/bin/sh && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources xsetroot -solid grey xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" & /usr/dt/bin/dtwm & I have installed VNC on /usr/local/bin. When I try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tight vnc problem

Hi every one please help to find a way for remote connect to a graphical sco unix Xsession whit tight vnc i had installed tightvnc on sco unix 5.0.6 and i connect to new session with tight vnc client but i want to connect to started X session and control it xstartup file ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaydream
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem setting display using vnc viewer

Hi All, I am having a linux machine and i used to work on this machine either directly or by using vncviewer from my windows machine. So everytime i launch new terminal on my vnc view i need to set DISPLAY. So i added the following code in my .cshrc if ($?VNCDESKTOP == 1) then setenv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

9. Solaris

VNC viewer problem

hi all i cant connect to vnc viewer ... when i try it showing follwing error message write/select : connection aborted (10053) Do you wish to attempt to reconnect to 1##.2##.###.1# # help me any one solved before this problem (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
3 Replies

10. AIX

vnc problem

Hello, I install VNC server 5.2.1 on AIX 5.3 and when i try to connect with VNC viewer it get error message : "The connection was refused by the host computer" Hope u guys can help me Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moudmm
3 Replies
Picture(3U)						    InterViews Reference Manual 					       Picture(3U)

NAME
Picture - composite structured graphic SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/Graphic/picture.h> DESCRIPTION
A Picture defines a composition of graphic objects. A picture has its own graphics state, which it concatenates with its children's state when it is drawn or erased. Picture adopts the default concatenation semantics supported by the Graphic base class: The picture's graphics state effectively overrides its children's so that they are drawn with the picture's state information substituted for their own. A child's attribute is used only when the picture does not already define it. Moreover, each child's transformer is postmultiplied by the picture's transformer when the picture is drawn; thus children are drawn relative to the picture's coordinate system. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
Picture(Graphic* = nil) Construct a new picture, optionally supply a graphic from which to copy an initial set of graphics state. Picture is derived from FullGraphic and therefore defines a full set of graphics state. virtual ~Picture() The picture deletes its children when it is deleted. boolean IsEmpty() Picture defines IsEmpty in addition to the standard Graphic child traversal operations to provide a convenient way to check if the picture has any children. PROTECTED OPERATIONS
Graphic* graphic(UList*) UList* Elem(Iterator) Convenience functions for extracting a graphic from a UList element and a UList from an iterator. SEE ALSO
Graphic(3U), Iterator(3U), Transformer(3I), UList(3U), pspaint(3U) Unidraw 1 February 1991 Picture(3U)