Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: make "strong" password
Operating Systems Solaris make "strong" password Post 302311487 by lanyun001 on Tuesday 28th of April 2009 09:37:19 PM
Old 04-28-2009
yes ,it`s right by bartus11

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"./cofigure" and "make" turmoil

I am a Unix newbie and I downloaded some X11 programs. I have gcc, but I cannot compile the files. I NEED HELP!!!! :confused: (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnerd
16 Replies

2. Programming

how could i make a program mixed with many "|", "<" and ">"

I have written following code to do: ls -l | wc -w, it works: but when there are not only a single "|", if there are more such as: ls -l | sort -r | sort | sort -r, This program does not work, i want to know how could i deal with it when there are more "|", another situation is that, if it mixes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strugglingman
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make scipt except from "Y","y" and "yes" to take [Enter] as being "yes"

This is the script: #!/bin/sh if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/WallpaperChanger; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/bin/wallch; fi; if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/applications/wallch.desktop; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/doc/wallch; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/man/man1/wallch.1.gz; fi echo "Delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
VIPW(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   VIPW(8)

NAME
vipw -- edit the password file SYNOPSIS
vipw [-d directory] DESCRIPTION
vipw edits the password file after setting the appropriate locks, and does any necessary processing after the password file is unlocked. If the password file is already locked for editing by another user, vipw will ask you to try again later. The default editor for vipw is vi(1). vipw performs a number of consistency checks on the password entries, and will not allow a password file with a ``mangled'' entry to be installed. If vipw rejects the new password file, the user is prompted to re-enter the edit session. Once the information has been verified, vipw uses pwd_mkdb(8) to update the user database. This is run in the background, and, at very large sites could take several minutes. Until this update is completed, the password file is unavailable for other updates and the new information is not available to programs. The options are as follows: -d directory Change the root directory of the password file from ``/'' to directory. If a vipw session is killed it may leave ``/etc/ptmp'', which will cause future vipw executions to fail with ``vipw: the passwd file is busy'', until it is removed. ENVIRONMENT
If the following environment variable exists it will be used by vipw: EDITOR The editor specified by the string EDITOR will be invoked instead of the default editor vi(1). FILES
/etc/master.passwd The current password file. /etc/ptmp Temporary copy of the password file used while editing. SEE ALSO
chpass(1), passwd(1), pwhash(1), passwd(5), passwd.conf(5), pwd_mkdb(8), user(8) HISTORY
The vipw command appeared in 4.0BSD. BSD
September 4, 2005 BSD