Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Commenting xml file lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Commenting xml file lines Post 302311476 by Annihilannic on Tuesday 28th of April 2009 08:29:17 PM
Old 04-28-2009
That's a much simpler problem than the original question; you know exactly what you're searching for so it's just a search and replace. What have you tried and in what way did it fail?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commenting lines

How to comment a set of lines in a script? we use # to comment a single line , is there ant other cmd to comment a block? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolex.mp
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting lines

Hi can any body pls help me : I have a file Which Content is like following: p3:s1234:powerfail:/usr/sbin/shutdown -y -i5 -g0 >/dev/msglog 2<>/dev/msglog ca:3:respawn:/opt/GoldWing/currentPM/local/critagt > /dev/msglog 2<>/dev/msglog ca:3:respawn:/opt/GoldWing/currentPM/local/startcia.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting lines in a file using SED

Hi, I need to comment the below lines in a file using sed.These are the few lines of the jsp file that need to be commented. if(top.location != location){ top.location.href = location.href; } Using the below command two lines can be commented: if(top.location != location){ ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetu
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

commenting out lines between two delimiters

Hi All, I am struggling to get my head around the following issue. I am having to comment out lines between two delimiters by placing an asterix in position 7 but retain all lines in the file and in the same order. so for example a file containing: ... ... DELIM1 ... ... DELIM2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruble
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting lines in Shell script

Hi All, I know we can comment by using "#" .... I want to know... is there any way to comment a whole big script easily.... In a file i need to comment more than 15 lines ........ and check the script and un comment back. I am learning VI now so its taking lot of time to comment and un... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commenting multiple lines

Hi, Can anyone let me know how to comment multiple lines in VI editor? Many thanks. Regards, Venkat. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Help with commenting out specific lines

Hi I'm trying to comment out specific lines from /etc/fstab file, for simplicity I'm trying to use perl one liner but it errors out, Below is the Perl oneliner I'm using, perl -wlp -i -e 'BEGIN{$flag=0}if (!/root/) && (!/boot/) && (!/tmpfs/) ) {$flag =1;} elsif (/^$/) {$flag=0} if ($flag)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting Multiple lines using Shell Script

I have an xml file which has following code : <abc-ref> <abc-name>abc.efg.hij.klm</abc-name> </abc-ref> I want to comment this whole section out and I have written the following script : (where "hij" is unique string in the file) TEMPFILE=replaceYY.tmp file=hello.xml sed -n... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dish
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting a block of code in xml where the tags may be similar

I want to comment a block of code in xml. Note that the tags will be similar. In the below xml code, I want to block the listener block for com.pkg1.class2. How do i do it ? Thanks in Advance <listener> <listener-class>com.pkg1.class1</listener-class> </listener> ......... <listener>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmikumari
4 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_diff original_xml operation [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_diff - A utility for comparing Pacemaker configurations (XML format) The tool produces a custom (diff-like) output which it can also apply like a patch OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output Original XML: -o, --original=value XML is contained in the named file -O, --original-string=value XML is contained in the supplied string Operation: -n, --new=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the named file -N, --new-string=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the supplied string -p, --patch=value Patch the original XML with the contents of the named file Additional Options: -c, --cib Compare/patch the inputs as a CIB (includes versions details) -f, --filter Suppress irrelevant differences between the two inputs EXAMPLES
Obtain the two different configuration files by running cibadmin on the two cluster setups to compare: # cibadmin --query > cib-old.xml # cibadmin --query > cib-new.xml Calculate and save the difference between the two files: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --new cib-new.xml > patch.xml Apply the patch to the original file: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --patch patch.xml > updated.xml Apply the patch to the running cluster: # cibadmin --patch patch.xml AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.10-29.el7 June 2014 PACEMAKER(8)