Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Suggestions/cleanup Bash script Post 302311310 by woodson2 on Tuesday 28th of April 2009 11:16:08 AM
Old 04-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by otheus
Okay, when you are prompted for "ready to run fdisk?" and you hit "m" or "b" instead of "n", the code simply continues to the next line.
Ahh..OK...but doesn't this line prevent that?

*) echo "Invalid command"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hangman written in Bash. Suggestions please...

qwertyuiop (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorey_breaker
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/ksh script to cleanup /etc/group file

Many of my servers' /etc/group file have many userid's that does not exist in /etc/passwd file and they need to be deleted. This happened due to manual manipulation of /etc/passwd files. I need to do this for 40 servers. Can anyone help me in achieving this? Even reducing a step or two will be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Cleanup Script

Hi Guys, I've got an system setup to act as an sftp server. I have a script that allows me to create chroot users running a custom shell within their home directory, it also creates a subdirectory that they can write into. I'm trying to write a script (that I can cron at a later date) that checks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King_Brucie
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleanup script

Hi! I would like to write a script which remove some files, all beginning with the same prefix : prefix.1 doc/prefix.2 ../prefix.3 etc. So, I would create a file and chmod it executable. But I dont know how to pass a variable to a script. I would like to write something like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail cleanup from ksh script, keeping 50 most recent msgs

I found some posts describing how to completely clean out a mailbox in Unix/Linux. But I want to keep the 50 most recent messages. Any ideas out there? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: OPTIMUS_prime
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Table Cleanup Script

I needed some help with a script to fetch and delete all records prior to 3 days from now connecting to sybase from sunos. I wrote the following script but not working..can someone please guide me with my code. Thanks #!/bin/ksh ##GET PREVIOUS DAY DATE dt=`date | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe458
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pid.cleanup script.

Hi guys! I have a directory in the production environment from which i have to delete files older then 40 minutes with .pid extention. I wrote a script below for the purpose. #!/bin/bash # # Script to delete specific file older than N minutes. # OLDERTHAN="40" #40 minutes ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajid.shah
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestion with script to cleanup

I need help with sed and awk scripts to search for Symmetrix ID=000090009902 and then grep its child disk devices associated to the dead paths and display them only, so that those dead devices can be removed. test01:/#powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=hdiskpower0 Symmetrix ID=000090009902... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions on this script please

i=1 out="" j=`expr 2 * $1` while do out="$out"#"" echo $out ((i=i+1)) done while do print ${out%?} ((i=i+1)) done This script is throwing an error: gurnish:/home/fnb/gurnish/saurabh/scripts> while1 3 expr: 0402-050 Syntax error. # (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: targetshell
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script for cleanup

Hello, I need some help from unix guru's here..I am looking for some advanced level script to cleanup the directories and files from specific directories under a file system.. The folders are created under /opt/modules And under modules, there are multiple subfolders with the application... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mb525
6 Replies
FDISK(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  FDISK(8)

NAME
fdisk - partition a hard disk [IBM] SYNOPSIS
fdisk [-hm] [-sn] [file] OPTIONS
-h Number of disk heads is m -s Number of sectors per track is n EXAMPLES
fdisk /dev/hd0 # Examine disk partitions fdisk -h9 /dev/hd0 # Examine disk with 9 heads DESCRIPTION
When fdisk starts up, it reads in the partition table and displays it. It then presents a menu to allow the user to modify partitions, store the partition table on a file, or load it from a file. Partitions can be marked as MINIX, DOS or other, as well as active or not. Using fdisk is self-explanatory. However, be aware that repartitioning a disk will cause information on it to be lost. Rebooting the sys- tem immediately is mandatory after changing partition sizes and parameters. MINIX, XENIX, PC-IX, and MS-DOS all have different partition numbering schemes. Thus when using multiple systems on the same disk, be careful. Note that MINIX, unlike MS-DOS , cannot access the last sector in a partition with an odd number of sectors. The reason that odd partition sizes do not cause a problem with MS-DOS is that MS-DOS allocates disk space in units of 512-byte sectors, whereas MINIX uses 1K blocks. Fdisk has a variety of other features that can be seen by typing h. Fdisk normally knows the geometry of the device by asking the driver. You can use the -h and -s options to override the numbers found. SEE ALSO
part(8). FDISK(8)