Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please suggest how do i dump in .txt Post 302311174 by goutam_igate on Tuesday 28th of April 2009 05:52:03 AM
Old 04-28-2009
Please suggest how do i dump in .txt

I have requirement where i need to read data from .sh file. I am using awk to identify the particualr data and extracting it.
mY CODE :
Code:
awk '/SELECT/,/;/' SOURCE.sh

I am getting output as
SELECT....
FROM TABLE1;
SELECT....
FROM TABLE2;
SELECT....
FROM TABLE3;

But my output shud be like:
"SELECT....
FROM TABLE1;"
"SELECT....
FROM TABLE2;"
"SELECT....
FROM TABLE3;"

Means i need each output of awk to be placed in "" so that i can export it to csv. Please help.

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 04-28-2009 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you suggest a more efficient way for this?

Hi I have the following at the end of a service shutdown script used in part of an active-passive failover setup: ### # Shutdown all primary Network Interfaces # associated with failover ### # get interface names based on IP's # and shut them down to simulate loss of # heartbeatd ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mikie
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find lines in file1.txt not found in file2.txt memory problem

I have a diff command that does what I want but when comparing large text/log files, it uses up all the memory I have (sometimes over 8gig of memory) diff file1.txt file2.txt | grep '^<'| awk '{$1="";print $0}' | sed 's/^ *//' Is there a better more efficient way to find the lines in one file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor25
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk append fileA.txt to growing file B.txt

This is appending a column. My question is fairly simple. I have a program generating data in a form like so: 1 20 2 22 3 23 4 12 5 43 For ever iteration I'm generating this data. I have the basic idea with cut -f 2 fileA.txt | paste -d >> FileB.txt ???? I want FileB.txt to grow, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash dump raw email body txt from Maildir

I'm setting up a cronjob that will hopefully dump the contents of a email delivered to Maildir/new/ to /home/user/raw.txt (and then delete that email) I could manually remove the bottom line of the raw email, then place the contents in the next line up in the /home/user/raw.txt, but it seems to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete file2.txt from file1.txt using scripting

Hi, I`m a total newbie, well my requirement is that i have 2 files I want to identify which countries i do not currently have in db.. how can i use the grep or another command to find this file .. i want to match all-countries.txt with countries-in-db.txt so the output is equal to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: beanbaby
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, sed, shell all words in INPUT.txt find in column1 of TABLE.txt and replce with column2 in

Hi dears i have text file like this: INPUT.txt 001_1_173 j nuh ]az 001_1_174 j ]esma. nuh ]/.xori . . . and have another text like this TABLE.txt j j nuh word1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
6 Replies
ttk::frame(3tk) 						 Tk Themed Widget						   ttk::frame(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS Command-Line Name:-borderwidth Database Name: borderWidth Database Class: BorderWidth The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. Command-Line Name:-relief Database Name: relief Database Class: Relief One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. Command-Line Name:-padding Database Name: padding Database Class: Padding Additional padding to include inside the border. Command-Line Name:-width Database Name: width Database Class: Width If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. Command-Line Name:-height Database Name: height Database Class: Height If specified, the widget's requested height in pixels. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(3tk). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(3tk), ttk::labelframe(3tk), frame(3tk) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(3tk)