Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disable RIP in SCO Uniix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Disable RIP in SCO Uniix Post 302311165 by dewi.edwards on Tuesday 28th of April 2009 05:09:49 AM
Old 04-28-2009
Disable RIP in SCO Uniix

Is it possible to switch off RIP protocol in SCO Unix - if so how's it done ?Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable form feed on a serial printer connected to Sco OpenServer

I connected a serial printer to my scoOpenServer which works great. I was able to disable the banner in the interface of the printer. However i am unable to find the command in the interface to disable the formfeed . Below is a copy of the interface file. Please can anyone instruct me on how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scoman2
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

RIP listeners

Hi! I have to find out if RIP listeners are enabled on some of UNIX servers. They are all running Tru64. Tnx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable/Enable HP print services SCO OS 5

We're running SCO Open Server 5. On occassion we need to disable/enable HP print services. There's nothing that I have found in the HP printer manager that allows for this. I know we can stop/start print services via SCOADMIN. On occassion one of our HP printers will generate an error, the msg in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sighbrrguy
4 Replies

4. SCO

How to disable ports on SCO machine

Hi All, I want to disable some ports like tcp 111, udp 111 on my SCO Unix machine. Can someone please let mw know how i can do it? Also would i able to enable these ports in future if needed? Here is the output of uname -a command to see machine type; NODENAME>uname -a UnixWare NODENAME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

How to disable RIP and enable EGP

Hello, We recently had a Nessus scan done of our system and the solution to one of the findings was this: disable the RIP agent and use an EGP routing protocol I have been unable to find any specific instruction on how to do either. We are running Solaris 8. Any help would be greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringman
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 RIP-2 ??

We have had a security scan completed on our solaris 10 systems and several of them came back with "This host is running a RIP-2 agent. RIP-2 requests can be authenticated" How do i verify that it is using authentication? Or see if it is running RIP-2 at all. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
3 Replies
ripquery(1M)															      ripquery(1M)

NAME
ripquery - query RIP gateways SYNOPSIS
authkey] dest[time] gateway ... DESCRIPTION
is used to request all routes known by a RIP gateway by sending a RIP request or POLL command. The routing information in any routing pack- ets returned is displayed numerically and symbolically. is intended to be used as a tool for debugging gateways, not for network manage- ment. SNMP is the preferred protocol for network management. by default uses the RIP POLL command, which is an undocumented extension to the RIP specification supported by on SunOS 3.x and later and by 1.4 and later. The RIP POLL command is preferred over the RIP REQUEST command because it is not subject to Split Horizon and/or Poi- soned Reverse. See the RIP RFC for more information. Options Send the query as a version 1 packet. Send the query as a version 2 packet (default). Specifies the authentication password to use for queries. If specified, an authentication type of SIMPLE will be used, if is specified, an authentication type of MD5 will be used; oth- erwise the default is an authentication type of NONE. Authentication fields in incoming packets will be displayed, but not validated. Prevents the address of the responding host from being looked up to determine the symbolic name. Specifies that the query should be for the specified instead of complete routing table. The specification of the optional mask implies a version 2 query. Up to 23 requests about specific destinations may be include in one packet. Uses the RIP POLL command to request information from the routing table. This is the default, but is an undocumented extension supported only by some versions of unOS 3.x and later versions of If there is no response to the RIP POLL command, the RIP REQUEST command is tried. responds to a POLL command with all the routes learned via RIP. Used the RIP REQUEST command to request information from the gateway's routing table. Unlike the RIP POLL command, all gateways should support the RIP REQUEST. If there is no response to the RIP REQUEST command, the RIP POLL command is tried. responds to a REQUEST command with all the routes he announces out the specified interface. Due to limitations in the UDP interface, on systems based on BSD 4.3 Reno or earlier, REQUESTs respond about the interface used to route packets back to the sender. This can be avoided by running on the host being queried. Version information about is displayed before querying the gateways. Specifies the time in seconds to wait for the initial response from a gateway. The default value is 5 seconds. AUTHORS
Jeffrey C Honig. SEE ALSO
gated(1M), gdc(1M), ospf_monitor(1M), BUGS
Some versions of Unix do not allow looking up the symbolic name of a subnet. ripquery(1M)