Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Too many open files - C++ on Unix Post 302311056 by Corona688 on Monday 27th of April 2009 07:55:41 PM
Old 04-27-2009
I can't read your code from here. Seeing the code would probably be helpful. Please use code tags when you post it, [ code ] stuff [ /code ] but without the extra spaces in the tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between UNIX operating system and Unix Open Server

Hi, I recently joined this forum and new to UNIX. Is there any difference between UNIX operating system and UNIX open server? Please explain. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjit
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Proprietary vs. open Unix

Howdy all, I've used various applications in the past that ran in unix and windoze and unfortunately several of those programs are migrating to a windoze only environment so management is bagging the proprietary unix boxes in the process. AArrgggghh So here's my question for all you serious... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulletbob
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

open unix file in windows

Hi, I have a text file in unix. i am trying to give a link in Internet explorer to that file. If i click on the link in Internet Explorer page then it should display the text from file in unix. is that anyway possible.... i am trying it for past 2 days....if i find a way out i will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Too Many files open

Hi , We are using a Tool which runs on Unix Server. Have a Event which have some join operation and tries to open files depending on the join operation. So get the error config/variants/orcl6/partitions/ml6/data/ap_PCardMap.csv (Too many open files) Can someone please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashank_recj
3 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

open files

I want to open a file and edit it using vi However, i dont want to open directories or binary files. how can i do this? Right now it opens all files without caring echo "please enter a file to edit in Vi" read file if then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icelated
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vi editor will not open new to UNIX. help please.

vi: syntax error at line 1: `)' unexpected when I try to vi into the /etc/vfstab, the return gives me the above error. how can resolve this so that I can have access into vi. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dovestar
6 Replies

8. Fedora

Is UNIX an open source OS ?

Hi everyone, I know the following questions are noobish questions but I am asking them because I am confused about the basics of history behind UNIX and LINUX. Ok onto business, my questions are-: Was/Is UNIX ever an open source operating system ? If UNIX was... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
21 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to open webpage through UNIX?

Hi friends, I have UNIX (HP-UX) server. I want to open a webpage (lets say www.unixhelp.com) on this webpage there is one checkbox. I just need to check it. and click on save. Its just take a half a minute to do so in windows system. But I am wondering if this is possible though UNIX server.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
3 Replies
IO::AtomicFile(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 IO::AtomicFile(3)

NAME
IO::AtomicFile - write a file which is updated atomically SYNOPSIS
use IO::AtomicFile; ### Write a temp file, and have it install itself when closed: my $FH = IO::AtomicFile->open("bar.dat", "w"); print $FH "Hello! "; $FH->close || die "couldn't install atomic file: $!"; ### Write a temp file, but delete it before it gets installed: my $FH = IO::AtomicFile->open("bar.dat", "w"); print $FH "Hello! "; $FH->delete; ### Write a temp file, but neither install it nor delete it: my $FH = IO::AtomicFile->open("bar.dat", "w"); print $FH "Hello! "; $FH->detach; DESCRIPTION
This module is intended for people who need to update files reliably in the face of unexpected program termination. For example, you generally don't want to be halfway in the middle of writing /etc/passwd and have your program terminate! Even the act of writing a single scalar to a filehandle is not atomic. But this module gives you true atomic updates, via rename(). When you open a file /foo/bar.dat via this module, you are actually opening a temporary file /foo/bar.dat..TMP, and writing your output there. The act of closing this file (either explicitly via close(), or implicitly via the destruction of the object) will cause rename() to be called... therefore, from the point of view of the outside world, the file's contents are updated in a single time quantum. To ensure that problems do not go undetected, the "close" method done by the destructor will raise a fatal exception if the rename() fails. The explicit close() just returns undef. You can also decide at any point to trash the file you've been building. AUTHOR
Primary Maintainer David F. Skoll (dfs@roaringpenguin.com). Original Author Eryq (eryq@zeegee.com). President, ZeeGee Software Inc (http://www.zeegee.com). REVISION
$Revision: 1.2 $ perl v5.16.2 2005-02-10 IO::AtomicFile(3)