Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX /usr out of disk space need to unmount/ expand volume /mount Post 302310907 by vbe on Monday 27th of April 2009 10:20:01 AM
Old 04-27-2009
Solved?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Cannot unmount mount points??

When taking a snap, I have a script that stops any active snap. When running the script, I'm getting a message that u02 and u04 are already mounted. How can I find out what process(es) is/are latching on the these mount points? Thank you for your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genzbeat
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Unmount and remove all Logical vol.Volume group and physical disk

Hi, Someone please help me with how i can unmount and remove all the files systems from a cluster. This is being shared by two servers that are active_standby. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeli
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Can't Mount Disk / Image after bad unmount

I have had a little issue with one of my disks, the usb cacble was pulled out and one of the external drives on it would no longer mount. I used First Aid and it verified and repaired both OK / nothing to do). After lots of messing around and not being able to mount I used Drive Genius 2 and that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cranie
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Increasing disk space of a mount point.

Hi I have a mount point that is in production environment, and is currently filled up. more space has been presented from same original source (EVA). Problem; 1. Can't see presented space 2. After I discover the presented space, how do I go about adding this new space to existing mount point.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Targ
9 Replies

5. Solaris

How to know used disk space at a mount point?

how to check how much space is occupied when u softmount or hard mount a file? ---------- Post updated at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:24 AM ---------- can anyone send me the answer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: revathireddy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Grow / expand a ZFS volume

Hi, I need to expand a ZFS volume from 500GB to 800GB. I'd like to ask your help to confirm the following procedure: Can I do it on the fly without bothering the users working on this volume? Thank you in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

8. Solaris

2540 volume expand and solaris zfs grow

Hello I hope everyone is having a good day! Situation: 2540 with 3.6TB of usable space volume A is 2.6TB volume B was 1TB Volume A is mounted via a single lun on a solaris server and is running out of space. Volume B was used on another server but is no longer, I deleted the volume in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Metasin
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unmount and mount by UUID

Hi, Need a bit of help on this one as I am a scripting noob. I have a linux based NAS that mounts USB hard drives in an inconsistent location and to make matters worse, seems to lose the mount for an unknown reason and doesn't remount automatically unless the drive is removed and re-inserted.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtr33m
4 Replies
rmvol(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  rmvol(8)

NAME
rmvol - Removes a volume from an existing file domain SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rmvol [-f] [-v] special domain OPTIONS
Forces the removal of a volume that contains one or more stripe segments without first requesting confirmation. Displays messages that describe which files are moved off the specified volume. Using this option slows the rmvol process. OPERANDS
Specifies the block device special file name, such as /dev/disk/dsk2c, of the volume that you are removing from the file domain. Specifies the name of the file domain. DESCRIPTION
The rmvol utility enables you to decrease the number of volumes within an existing file domain. When you attempt to remove a volume, the file system automatically migrates the contents of that volume to another volume in the file domain. The logical structure of the filesets in a file domain is unaffected when you remove a volume. If you remove a volume that contains a stripe segment, the rmvol utility moves the segment to another volume that does not already contain a stripe segment of the same file. If a file is striped across all volumes in the file domain, the utility requests confirmation before placing a second stripe segment on a volume that has one. Before you can remove a volume from a file domain, all filesets in the file domain must be mounted. If you try to remove a volume from an active file domain that includes unmounted filesets, the system displays an error message indicating that a fileset is unmounted. This mes- sage is repeated until you mount all filesets in the file domain. If you attempt to remove a volume from an inactive file domain, the system returns the ENO_SUCH_DOMAIN error message. A file domain is inactive when none of its filesets is mounted. In this case, the rmvol command does not remove the volume. If there is not enough free space on other volumes in the file domain to accept the offloaded files from the departing volume, the rmvol utility moves as many files as possible to free space on other volumes. Then a message is sent to the console indicating that there is not enough space to complete the procedure. The files that were not yet moved remain on the original volume. You can interrupt the rmvol process without damaging your file domain. AdvFS will stop removing files from the volume. Files already removed from the volume will remain in their new location. Interrupting an rmvol operation with the kill command can leave the volume in an inaccessible state. If a volume does not allow new allocations after an rmvol operation, use the chvol command with the -A option to reac- tivate the volume. RESTRICTIONS
You cannot run the rmvol utility while the defragment, balance, rmfset, or rmvol utility is running on the same domain. You must be the root user to use this utility. EXAMPLES
The following example removes a volume from an active file domain called accounts_dmn. The file domain contains two volumes, /dev/disk/dsk1c and /dev/disk/dsk2c. This example removes volume /dev/disk/dsk1c from the file domain: # rmvol /dev/disk/dsk1c accounts_dmn The /etc/fdmns/accounts_dmn subdirectory now has only one entry, the entry for /dev/disk/dsk2c. The following example removes one volume from a three-volume file domain. Each volume in the accounts_dmn file domain contains one segment of /usr/myfile, which is a three-way striped file: # rmvol /dev/disk/dsk3c accounts_dmn rmvol: Removing volume '/dev/disk/dsk3c' from domain 'accounts_dmn' This volume contains one stripe segment of /usr/myfile, which will be moved to another volume in the file domain that already con- tains a stripe segment of /usr/myfile. Do you want to continue? (y/n):y One volume in the accounts_dmn file domain now contains two stripe segments of myfile, which is no longer an optimally striped file. FILES
Specifies the command path. Contains file domain names and devices. SEE ALSO
addvol(8), advfs(4), advscan(8), fdmns(4), mkfdmn(8), stripe(8) rmvol(8)