Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED printing just parts of lines that match an expression Post 302310669 by sniper57 on Sunday 26th of April 2009 08:25:28 AM
Old 04-26-2009
Thanks Devaraj ... works nicely

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Printing Multiple Lines after pattern match

Hello People, Need some assistance/guidance. OUTLINE: Two files (File1 and File2) File1 has some ids such as 009463_3922_1827 897654_8764_5432 File2 has things along the lines of: Query= 009463_3922_1827 length=252 (252 letters) More stufff here ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deep9000
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - delete all lines until a match on 2 lines

First of all, I know this can be more eassily done with perl or other scripting languages but, that's not the issue. I need this in sed. (or wander if it's possible ) I got a file (trace file to recreate the control file from oracle for the dba boys) which contains some lines another line... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: plelie2
11 Replies

3. Solaris

sed command to print lines after expression

Hi guys. I need a sed command to print like 10 lines after a regular expression is found in the log. Can anyone help me out. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:34 AM ---------- never mind. I just did the search bewteen two expressions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed not printing lines before a regular expression.

Hey, I found a way to print the lines which is just before a regular expression, not including the expression. sed -n '/regexp/{n;p;}' myfile Now I'm looking for a way to print all lines, exept the regular expression and also the line before the same regular expression. Use code tags. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Livio
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing several lines of a file after a specific expression

Hello, I want to print a number of lines of a file after a specific expression of a line. I have this sed command but it prints only 1 line after the expression. How could I adapt it to print for instance 10 lines after or 15 lines after ? sed -n '/regexp/{n;p;}' Thx & Regs, Rany. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: Splitting A large File into smaller files based on recursive Regular Expression match

I will simplify the explaination a bit, I need to parse through a 87m file - I have a single text file in the form of : <NAME>house........ SOMETEXT SOMETEXT SOMETEXT . . . . </script> MORETEXT MORETEXT . . . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing next 6 lines from of pattern match

Hi, i have a big file having many opcodes. if (opcode="01110000000100000000" ) then --fadd result.opcode := "01110000000100000000"; result.s0 := '1'; result.s1 := '1'; result.s2 := '0'; result.inst := '0'; result.scalar := '1';... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression to match multiple lines?

Using a regular expression, I would like multiple lines to be matched. By default, a period (.) matches any character except newline. However, (?s) and /s modifiers are supposed to force . to accept a newline and to match any character including a newline. However, the following two perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed , awk script for printing matched line before regular expression

hi All , I am having a large file with lots of modules as shown below ############################################### module KKK kksd kskks jsn;lsm jsnlsn; Ring jjsjsj kskmsm jjs endmodule module llll 1kksd11 k232skks j33sn;l55sm (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep or sed - printing line only with exact match

Hello. In my script, some command return : q | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | x86_64 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | i586 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
CGI::Pretty(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  CGI::Pretty(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Pretty - module to produce nicely formatted HTML code SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Pretty qw( :html3 ); # Print a table with a single data element print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Pretty is a module that derives from CGI. It's sole function is to allow users of CGI to output nicely formatted HTML code. When using the CGI module, the following code: print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); produces the following output: <TABLE><TR><TD>foo</TD></TR></TABLE> If a user were to create a table consisting of many rows and many columns, the resultant HTML code would be quite difficult to read since it has no carriage returns or indentation. CGI::Pretty fixes this problem. What it does is add a carriage return and indentation to the HTML code so that one can easily read it. print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); now produces the following output: <TABLE> <TR> <TD>foo</TD> </TR> </TABLE> Recommendation for when to use CGI::Pretty CGI::Pretty is far slower than using CGI.pm directly. A benchmark showed that it could be about 10 times slower. Adding newlines and spaces may alter the rendered appearance of HTML. Also, the extra newlines and spaces also make the file size larger, making the files take longer to download. With all those considerations, it is recommended that CGI::Pretty be used primarily for debugging. Tags that won't be formatted The following tags are not formatted: <a>, <pre>, <code>, <script>, <textarea>, and <td>. If these tags were formatted, the user would see the extra indentation on the web browser causing the page to look different than what would be expected. If you wish to add more tags to the list of tags that are not to be touched, push them onto the @AS_IS array: push @CGI::Pretty::AS_IS,qw(XMP); Customizing the Indenting If you wish to have your own personal style of indenting, you can change the $INDENT variable: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = " "; would cause the indents to be two tabs. Similarly, if you wish to have more space between lines, you may change the $LINEBREAK variable: $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = " "; would create two carriage returns between lines. If you decide you want to use the regular CGI indenting, you can easily do the following: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = ""; AUTHOR
Brian Paulsen <Brian@ThePaulsens.com>, with minor modifications by Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> for incorporation into the CGI.pm distribution. Copyright 1999, Brian Paulsen. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Bug reports and comments to Brian@ThePaulsens.com. You can also write to lstein@cshl.org, but this code looks pretty hairy to me and I'm not sure I understand it! SEE ALSO
CGI perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CGI::Pretty(3pm)