Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED printing just parts of lines that match an expression Post 302310669 by sniper57 on Sunday 26th of April 2009 08:25:28 AM
Old 04-26-2009
Thanks Devaraj ... works nicely

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Printing Multiple Lines after pattern match

Hello People, Need some assistance/guidance. OUTLINE: Two files (File1 and File2) File1 has some ids such as 009463_3922_1827 897654_8764_5432 File2 has things along the lines of: Query= 009463_3922_1827 length=252 (252 letters) More stufff here ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deep9000
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - delete all lines until a match on 2 lines

First of all, I know this can be more eassily done with perl or other scripting languages but, that's not the issue. I need this in sed. (or wander if it's possible ) I got a file (trace file to recreate the control file from oracle for the dba boys) which contains some lines another line... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: plelie2
11 Replies

3. Solaris

sed command to print lines after expression

Hi guys. I need a sed command to print like 10 lines after a regular expression is found in the log. Can anyone help me out. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:34 AM ---------- never mind. I just did the search bewteen two expressions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed not printing lines before a regular expression.

Hey, I found a way to print the lines which is just before a regular expression, not including the expression. sed -n '/regexp/{n;p;}' myfile Now I'm looking for a way to print all lines, exept the regular expression and also the line before the same regular expression. Use code tags. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Livio
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing several lines of a file after a specific expression

Hello, I want to print a number of lines of a file after a specific expression of a line. I have this sed command but it prints only 1 line after the expression. How could I adapt it to print for instance 10 lines after or 15 lines after ? sed -n '/regexp/{n;p;}' Thx & Regs, Rany. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: Splitting A large File into smaller files based on recursive Regular Expression match

I will simplify the explaination a bit, I need to parse through a 87m file - I have a single text file in the form of : <NAME>house........ SOMETEXT SOMETEXT SOMETEXT . . . . </script> MORETEXT MORETEXT . . . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing next 6 lines from of pattern match

Hi, i have a big file having many opcodes. if (opcode="01110000000100000000" ) then --fadd result.opcode := "01110000000100000000"; result.s0 := '1'; result.s1 := '1'; result.s2 := '0'; result.inst := '0'; result.scalar := '1';... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression to match multiple lines?

Using a regular expression, I would like multiple lines to be matched. By default, a period (.) matches any character except newline. However, (?s) and /s modifiers are supposed to force . to accept a newline and to match any character including a newline. However, the following two perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed , awk script for printing matched line before regular expression

hi All , I am having a large file with lots of modules as shown below ############################################### module KKK kksd kskks jsn;lsm jsnlsn; Ring jjsjsj kskmsm jjs endmodule module llll 1kksd11 k232skks j33sn;l55sm (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep or sed - printing line only with exact match

Hello. In my script, some command return : q | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | x86_64 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | i586 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
DD-LIST(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   DD-LIST(1)

NAME
dd-list - nicely list .deb packages and their maintainers SYNOPSIS
dd-list [-hiusV] [--help] [--stdin] [--sources Sources_file] [--dctrl] [--version] [--uploaders] [package ...] DESCRIPTION
dd-list produces nicely formatted lists of Debian (.deb) packages and their maintainers. Input is a list of source or binary package names on the command line (or the standard input if --stdin is given). Output is a list of the following format, where package names are source packages by default: J. Random Developer <jrandom@debian.org> j-random-package j-random-other Diana Hacker <diana@example.org> fun-package more-fun-package This is useful when you want, for example, to produce a list of packages that need to attention from their maintainers, e.g., to be rebuilt when a library version transition happens. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print brief help message. -i, --stdin Read package names from the standard input, instead of taking them from the command line. Package names are whitespace delimited. -d, --dctrl Read package list from standard input in the format of a Debian package control file. This includes the status file, or output of apt-cache. This is the fastest way to use dd-list, as it uses the maintainer information from the input instead of looking up the maintainer of each listed package. If no Source: line is given, the Package: name is used for output, which might be a binary package name. -s, --sources Sources_file Read package information from the specified Sources_files. This can be given multiple times. If no Sources_files are specified, any files matching /var/lib/apt/lists/*_source_Sources will be used. -u, --uploaders Also list developers who are named as uploaders of packages, not only the maintainers; this is the default behaviour, use --nou- ploaders to prevent it. Uploaders are indicated with "(U)" appended to the package name. -nou, --nouploaders Only list package Maintainers, do not list Uploaders. -b, --print-binary Use binary package names in the output instead of source package names (has no effect with --dctrl if the Package: line contains source package names). -V, --version Print the version. AUTHOR
Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> Debian 2011-10-27 DD-LIST(1)