Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users integer user names and user quotas! Post 302310640 by mrhosseini on Sunday 26th of April 2009 04:02:04 AM
Old 04-26-2009
our server is CentOS 5.02

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processes by User's actual names

Hi All I am being trained in unix and am tryin to write a script for listing the user Processes by user's names exactly the following manner WITHOUT USING A TEMPORARY FILE or SED OR AWK! The format of the output I want is: James Hallan PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim 31866... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processes by User's names

Hi All I am being trained in unix and am tryin to write a script for listing the user Processes by user's names exactly the following manner WITHOUT USING A TEMPORARY FILE or SED OR AWK! The format of the output I want is: Code: James Hallan PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

user names being rejected during registration

To Whom It May Concern, I've tried registering, and am unable to do so. The message being returned is that my name choices are being rejected for not meeting some administrator criteria, which is not discernible from the message returned by the board software. The password I chose was all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: username_in_use
1 Replies

5. Solaris

A strange user appears in my quotas and I can't find it in my system

Hello, I am running a Solaris 8 system. I Have encountered that each time I ask the system to report to me the users who have or are about to exceed their quota limit for disk usage, a strange number appears in a user name, it does not appear in my /etc/group or in my /etc/passwd files The user... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: lzcool
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

root user command in shell script execute as normal user

Hi All I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh URL="www.google.com" VBURL="10.5.2.211" echo "Setting route for $URL for GPRS" URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` echo "Executing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining if user is local-user in /etc/passwd or LDAP user

Besides doing some shell-script which loops through /etc/passwd, I was wondering if there was some command that would tell me, like an enhanced version of getent. The Operating system is Solaris 10 (recent-ish revision) using Sun DS for LDAP. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update LDIF User info based on Test User Certs ID's

Hi I need help.......... I have an Sun One Directory server LDIF file with 5000 user entries, I need to change the data to match Test ID's, so I can run a perf test. I'm way out of my league as I have not done any scripting for 10 years. There are four entries for each user in the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macdaddy99
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Switching from root to normal user takes me to user's home dir

Whenever i switch from root to another user, by doing su - user, it takes me to home directory of user. This is very annoying as i want to be in same dir to run different commands as root sometimes and sometimes as normal user. How to fix this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
1 Replies
quota(1)						      General Commands Manual							  quota(1)

NAME
quota - displays disk usage and limits SYNOPSIS
quota [-agGuUqv] quota [-a] [-g] [groupname] [-qv] quota [-a] [-G] [groupID] [-qv] quota [-a] [-u] [username] [-qv] quota [-a] [-U] [userID] [-qv] OPTIONS
Displays quota information for all mounted file systems: those in the /etc/fstab file and those mounted manually or with automount. The -q option takes precedence over the -a option. When specified without the groupname argument, displays group quotas for groups of which you are a member. Displays group quotas for the group when you specify groupname. When specified without the groupID argument, displays group quotas for groups of which you are a member. Displays group quotas for the group when you specify groupID. Displays only your user quotas (the default) when specified without the username argument. Displays user quotas for the user when you specify username. Displays only your user quotas (the default) when specified without the userID argument. Displays user quotas for the user when you specify userID. Displays information only for file systems that have disk quotas and where usage is over quota. Takes precedence over the -v and -a options. Displays quota information for all mounted file systems that are specified in the /etc/fstab file. Quota information is dis- played for each file system whether or not quotas are enabled for it. The -q option takes precedence over the -v option. DESCRIPTION
The quota command displays disk space usage and limits. Disk quotas are displayed as 1 kilobyte blocks. By default, only your user quotas are displayed. If you use the -g or the -G option without an argument, the quota command displays group quotas for groups of which you are a member. Unless you use the -v option, the quota command reports only on file systems listed in /etc/fstab that have disk quotas and under which you have files. If quota exits with a status of 1, one or more file systems are over quota. If quota exits with a status of 2, there are sys- tem errors. NOTES
The term file system represents either a UFS file system or an AdvFS fileset. Do not use both a user and a group option in the same command. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use the optional username or userID argument to view information about another user, or to use the optional groupname or groupID argument to view information about a group to which you do not belong. FILES
Contains user quotas for each file system. Contains group quotas for each file system. Contains file system names and locations. SEE ALSO
edquota(8), quot(8), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8), quotaoff(8), repquota(8), quotactl(2), fstab(4) quota(1)