Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Automatic device recognition in OSX Post 302310558 by djkuzenko on Saturday 25th of April 2009 04:13:00 PM
Old 04-25-2009
Automatic device recognition in OSX

Can anyone point me to a resource (or answer my question) that will show me how to automatically run a script in OSX when a device is plugged in. The OS recognizes that the device is plugged in but how do I direct it to do something I want it to do.

it seems that linux has udev but what would be an equivalent for OSX

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pattern Recognition - perl

can someone help me with this.. cant for the life of me figure it out.. =~ m!^(/.*)/bin/xx! specific query > What does m!^ do > What does the ! at the end do.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorreg
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic Email of Log Files in OSX

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script that will take the log files from a single folder (all ending with .log), put them into an archive, use something to encrypt the file, and then emailx to email the resulting encrypted archive to me. Of course, I am open to suggestions on how to improve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DotNaBox
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Conditional pattern recognition with awk

Hi, I would need some help extracting the desired data from the following text: # Time_result: 1.056179 next_value: 0.000077 OTHER VALUE 445552341; SELECT row with values # IP = 192.168.1.15 # Time: 45 # Time_result: 100.15 next_value: 0.000077 OTHER VALUE 445552341; SELECT row with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
2 Replies
SBP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    SBP(4)

NAME
sbp -- Serial Bus Protocol 2 (SBP-2) Mass Storage Devices driver SYNOPSIS
kldload firewire kldload cam kldload sbp or device sbp device firewire device scbus device da device cd device pass DESCRIPTION
The sbp driver provides support for SBP-2 devices that attach to the FireWire (IEEE 1394) port. It should work with SBP-2 devices which the CAM layer supports, for example, HDDs, CDROM drives and DVD drives. Some users familiar with umass(4) might wonder why the device is not detached at the CAM layer when the device is unplugged. It is detached only if the device has not been plugged again during several bus resets. This is for preventing to detach an active file system even when the device cannot be probed correctly for some reason after a bus reset or when the device is temporary disconnected because the user changes the bus topology. If you want to force to detach the device, run ``fwcontrol -r'' several times or set hw.firewire.hold_count=0 by sysctl(1). Some (broken) HDDs do not work well with tagged queuing. If you have problems with such drives, try ``camcontrol [device id] tags -N 1'' to disable tagged queuing. SEE ALSO
cam(4), firewire(4), camcontrol(8), fwcontrol(8), kldload(8), sysctl(8) AUTHORS
The sbp driver was written by Katsushi Kobayashi and Hidetoshi Shimokawa. This manual page was written by Katsushi Kobayashi. BSD
May 20, 2002 BSD