Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: print from windows xp
Operating Systems SCO print from windows xp Post 302310532 by edfair on Saturday 25th of April 2009 12:02:15 PM
Old 04-25-2009
Have you considered activating the "network printing for unix" support in your XP? That allows you to use the XP printer as a one of your remote printers.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure SCO Unix to print on windows base XP printer

Hi, I have done this year ago, and now I need to do it again, but did not remember how I do it. I have a slip printer on a windows xp workstation and i need to print from SCO unix application to that printer. I try to create a remote printer but the only option available is unix, the other to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: comsiconsa
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Print Migrator 3.1

Has anyone used the above microsoft tool that creates a backup / cab file of printers & drivers on a PC. If so any had the following message - EnumPorts failed with 7a As a result no ports are backed up, any ideas ?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

print from windows

I have a printer on sun solaris configured on a terminal server I want to print on this printer from windows xp or windows 2003 I put the devices that want to print in the hosts and hosts.lpd file and the I use the comman lpr -S my_server -P unix_printer my_file but the job didn't go . can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maher2000@hotma
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

print parameters on windows

Hello I've been google'ing to try to find an answer to my question but can't seem to find it. What I want to do is to pass the email address of a user printing from the HP-UX to a printer attached to a Windows 2003. The printing is done using lp. I can see that the printjob on windows has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacma
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smbclient print while preserving windows printer settings?

I have successfully gotten AIX to print to a windows shared printer with this command: smbclient -U user%password -W domain -c "print file.ext" the only problem is: I have this print queue set up on the Windows side to overlay an image to all pages. When printing from samba, the overlay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

6. Programming

print C codes from Solaris 10, x86 to cygwin on Windows?

Sorry, I meant to type "porting C codes from Solaris 10, x86 to cygwin in Windows" I just installed cygwin 1.7 to my Windows PC. I have a C program that compiles fine using gcc on Solaris 10, x86. This C program contains system calls like: system ("ls -l > file.txt"); and system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: serendipity1276
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Setting up Solaris 10 to print to a windows print server

Guys, I have a issue that I am trying to rectify please advise. lpstat -t shows scheduler is running printer lext644 disabled since Mon Dec 02 19:48:18 2013. available.I have restarted the printer service and it shows online but the above says disabled. I have a lot of jobs in the print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrywhitejr
1 Replies

8. AIX

Print to Windows PDF printer from AIX

Hopefully this is the correct place to post this, if not please let me know. I am trying to find a way to print from AIX directly to a windows PDF printer. I don't really care if it is paid or freeware, I am just trying to get it to work. I did see a product called BullZip and I am going to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerangedNick
3 Replies
enable(1)							   User Commands							 enable(1)

NAME
enable, disable - enable/disable LP printers SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/enable printer... /usr/bin/disable [-c | -W] [-r [reason]] printer... DESCRIPTION
The enable command activates printers, enabling them to print requests submitted by the lp command. enable must be run on the printer server. The disable command deactivates printers, disabling them from printing requests submitted by the lp command. By default, any requests that are currently printing on printer are reprinted in their entirety either on printer or another member of the same class of printers. The disable command must be run on the print server. Use lpstat -p to check the status of printers. Generally, enable and disable are run on the print server to control local print queues. Under some configurations, they can also be run on client systems when IPP is being used to communicate between client and server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for use with disable: -c Cancels any requests that are currently printing on printer. This option cannot be used with the -W option. If the printer is remote, the -c option is silently ignored. -W Waits until the request currently being printed is finished before disabling printer. This option cannot be used with the -c option. If the printer is remote, the -W option is silently ignored. -r [reason] Assigns a reason for the disabling of the printer(s). This reason applies to all printers specified. This reason is reported by lpstat -p. Enclose reason in quotes if it contains blanks. The default reason is unknown reason for the existing printer, and "new printer" for a printer added to the system but not yet enabled. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported for both enable and disable: printer The name of the printer to be enabled or disabled. Specify printer using atomic or URI-style (scheme://endpoint) names. See printers.conf(4) regarding the naming conventions for destinations. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/etc/printers.conf System printer configuration database $HOME/.printers User-configurable printer database ou=printers LDAP version of /etc/printers.conf printers.conf.byname NIS version of /etc/printers.conf printers.org_dir NIS+ version of /etc/printers.conf ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlp-cmds | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpstat(1), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
When IPP is in use, the user is prompted for a passphsrase if the remote print service is configured to require authentication. SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2006 enable(1)