Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed issue Post 302310494 by Celvin VK on Saturday 25th of April 2009 04:33:34 AM
Old 04-25-2009
Hi tyler

I'll test this on Monday on my AIX server and will let you know.

Regards

CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celvin VK
Hi All
I'm getting this error while executing a sed script
sed: 0602-404 Function /</ i\ File from New Cube: cannot be parsed.
sed "/</ i\ File from New Cube:
/>/ i\ File from Old Cube:" difference1.txt > Difference.txt

I've a file like this

< Y2008 Dec ..... .... ... 345

I want it like

File from New Cube:
Y2008 Dec ..... .... ... 345

The above said command is working on my cygwin enables windows system, but not on the AIX 5.3 server.

Can somebody please help me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with sed in script

I have a loop in a script that is given me an error but, when I do it on the command line it works perfectly. The sed statement has to use the variables from a file so the file is partitioned correctly. I am running on HP: <Begin error>: + cat /u01/bteam/CNAM/1121/.partition + read line + +... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bthomas
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED Issue

Can anyone tell me ...on the below listed command cat /mnt/winbox/list_measurement/ds1c/ds1_f.rome_27A03A 2>> error_log | sed -e '1,3d;s/^/27A03A,/' | sed -e "s#\(.*\)#\1 ,$(date +%Y-%m-%d)#g" > /SBS/ds1_f.rome_27A03A The outcome is this: ,2005-08-29 Forestdale,3:02 am MON AUG 29,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redg
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a sed one liner variant - sed 's/ ; /|/g' $TMP1 > $TMP

Execution of the following segment is giving the error - Script extract:- OUT=$DATADIR/sol_rsult_orphn.bcp TMP1=${OUT}_tmp1 TMP=${OUT}_tmp ( isql -w 400 $dbConnect_OPR <<EOF select convert(char(10), s.lead_id) +'|' + s.pho_loc_type, ";", s.sol_rsult_cmnt, ";", +'|'+ s.del_ind... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzmatam
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Issue....

Can someone help me "port" this to AIX sed? sed '/nas/{n;s/true/false/}' I know it doesn't like the ; but i don't know how else to do it.... never had to sed on an AIX box :D (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeviousPete
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Sed Command

Hello , I am trying to replace a word :: complete to Failed . work: complete Sed command which i am using is given below :: sed s/work: complete/Failed/g temp1.txt > temp2.txt (Sed command is grabled if i use the above .. because of space which is there between work: and complete. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Issue

Hi, I am trying to use 3 sed statements in a shell script, but it get foll error. sed : garbage after command. If I use only two sed statements, the script works well. Is there any restriction for sed usage or is there some catch which I am missing. Sample Script is as follows : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameersalve
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

one more issue last- sed

hi i have following sed command this replaces "** in filename1 with octal value 007 filename2 when i put it in script it wont work but it works from command line my OS is sun OS ---------- Post updated at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:14 PM ---------- i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed issue

Hi guys. Can somone advise as to what the problem is with the following sed command? 1) read -p "Please enter new username you wish to replace old: " new_username sed "s/$username/$new_username/" information_file ;; This is one of the case statements included but I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjb1989
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed issue

I can't get this code to work, could I get some help... sed -i '' "s:${shLogpath1}${cell}:${shLogpath2}${cell}:g" test.txt Any Ideas, I think I need to separate the variables some how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed issue

I'm trying to change a date in a couple of large files using SED. The problem is when I use the -n parameter, it doesn't actually change the file. When I leave out the -n, it sends the whole file to the screen, but it does appear to change it. The problem is, these files are very large and it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drenhead
8 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)