Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running shell script from java Post 302310441 by durden_tyler on Friday 24th of April 2009 08:12:49 PM
Old 04-24-2009
(A) Instead of the "cd" command and then the script execution, just put the absolute path of the script.
(B) Seems like "~" is not interpreted properly, so use the actual path devoid of "~".

Code:
$ 
$ # Display the contents of the shell script
$                                           
$ cat /home/r2d2/data/unix/test.sh
echo "First parameter   = $1" > test.log
echo "Second parameter  = $2" >> test.log
echo "Third parameter   = $3" >> test.log
echo "Fourth parameter  = $4" >> test.log
echo "Fifth parameter   = $5" >> test.log

$ 
$ # Display the contents of the java program
$                                           
$ cat test4.java
import java.io.IOException;
public class test4
{
  public static void main(String [] args) throws IOException
  {
     Process P;
     P = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("/home/r2d2/data/unix/test.sh \"" + args[0]+ "\" \"" + args[1] + "\" \"" + args[2]+"\" \"" + args[3]+ "\" \"null\"");
  }
}
$
$ # Compile
$
$ javac test4.java
$
$ # Execute, passing the input parameters
$
$ java test4 ant bat cat dog eel
$
$ # Verify that it ran successfully
$
$ cat test.log
First parameter   = "ant"
Second parameter  = "bat"
Third parameter   = "cat"
Fourth parameter  = "dog"
Fifth parameter   = "null"
$
$

Hope that helps,
tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Shell Script from Java

Hi How can I call a .sh (shell script) from a java procedure? Is this possible at all? Please tell me. Thanks. Asty (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asty
3 Replies

2. Programming

exit status running java classpath in unix shell

I have a java classpath running inside of a unix shell script. During my testing it will error with lines that show an example like this below. java.io.FileNotFoundException error at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:129), ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmcds
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a Java Programm with a (korn)shell-script

hey everyone, For my studies i had to write a javaprogram which reads 2 integers from the keyboard and then using the basic operations(addition, division etc) with them. so far no problem. but now i gotta make a shell-script which: runs the program(compiled with javac) #!bin/ksh java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simlmf
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running remote system shell script and c binary file from windows machine using java

Hi, I have an shell script program in a remote linux machine which will do some specific monitoring functionality. Also, have some C executables in that machine. From a windows machine, I want to run the shell script program (If possible using java). I tried with SSH for this. but, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram.sj
1 Replies

6. Programming

Script Shell in java code

Hello, This is my script shell: echo Mon premier script echo Liste des fichiers : ls -la exit 0 This is my code java: public class test { public static void main(String args) { try { Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("sh script1.sh"); } catch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code java in script shell

Hello; Is it possible to insert Java code in a shell script, if so how please? Thank you (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Programming

Script shell in java code

Hello, Please i want to insert this code in a java program because i need to call a java function inside the while: Please how can i do? thank you so much (9 Replies)
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Shell in java code

Hello, I try to run a script shell from a java program: but it runs only if i do :chmod 777 myShellScript in the terminal Please how can i insert chmod 777 in my java code without going through the terminal? Thank you (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Programming

Running java script from piped output

to run most other scripts through a pipe, something similar to the following is usually enough: cat script.sh | sh cat perl.pl | perl -- "<arguments" However, for javascript command line scripts, i cant seem to get this to work. Any ideas? cat hull.js #!/usr/bin/js ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
RHINO-JSC(1)						      General Commands Manual						      RHINO-JSC(1)

NAME
rhino-jsc - invokes the rhino JavaScript compiler SYNOPSIS
rhino-jsc [options] file1.js [file2.js...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the rhino-jsc command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. It is written according to the html documentation. rhino-jsc is a start script for the rhino JavaScript compiler. The JavaScript compiler translates JavaScript source into Java class files. The resulting Java class files can then be loaded and executed at another time, providing a convenient method for transferring JavaScript, and for avoiding translation cost. Note that the top-level functions available to the shell (such as print) are not available to compiled scripts when they are run outside the shell. OPTIONS
-extends java_class_name Specifies that a java class extending the Java class java_class_name should be generated from the incoming JavaScript source file. Each global function in the source file is made a method of the generated class, overriding any methods in the base class by the same name. -implements java_intf_name Specifies that a java class implementing the Java interface java_intf_name should be generated from the incoming JavaScript source file. Each global function in the source file is made a method of the generated class, implementing any methods in the interface by the same name. -debug, -g Specifies that debug information should be generated. May not be combined with optimization at an optLevel greater than zero. -nosource Does not save the source in the class file. Functions and scripts compiled this way cannot be decompiled. This option can be used to avoid distributing source or simply to save space in the resulting class file. -o outputFile Writes the class file to the given file (which should end in .class). The string outputFile must be a writable filename. -opt, -O optLevel Optimizes at level optLevel, which must be an integer between 0 and 9. -package packageName Specifies the package to generate the class into. The string packageName must be composed of valid identifier characters optionally separated by periods. -version versionNumber Specifies the language version to compile with. The string versionNumber must be one of 100, 110, 120, 130, or 140. See JavaScript Language Versions for more information on language versions. EXAMPLE
Example compiling the NervousText.js applet written in JavaScript. The example is provided in the librhino-java-doc package. $ rhino-jsc -extends java.applet.Applet -implements java.lang.Runnable NervousText.js SEE ALSO
The online documentation under http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/jsc.html AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Wolfgang Baer <WBaer@gmx.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). February 12, 2005 RHINO-JSC(1)