Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running shell script from java Post 302310441 by durden_tyler on Friday 24th of April 2009 08:12:49 PM
Old 04-24-2009
(A) Instead of the "cd" command and then the script execution, just put the absolute path of the script.
(B) Seems like "~" is not interpreted properly, so use the actual path devoid of "~".

Code:
$ 
$ # Display the contents of the shell script
$                                           
$ cat /home/r2d2/data/unix/test.sh
echo "First parameter   = $1" > test.log
echo "Second parameter  = $2" >> test.log
echo "Third parameter   = $3" >> test.log
echo "Fourth parameter  = $4" >> test.log
echo "Fifth parameter   = $5" >> test.log

$ 
$ # Display the contents of the java program
$                                           
$ cat test4.java
import java.io.IOException;
public class test4
{
  public static void main(String [] args) throws IOException
  {
     Process P;
     P = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("/home/r2d2/data/unix/test.sh \"" + args[0]+ "\" \"" + args[1] + "\" \"" + args[2]+"\" \"" + args[3]+ "\" \"null\"");
  }
}
$
$ # Compile
$
$ javac test4.java
$
$ # Execute, passing the input parameters
$
$ java test4 ant bat cat dog eel
$
$ # Verify that it ran successfully
$
$ cat test.log
First parameter   = "ant"
Second parameter  = "bat"
Third parameter   = "cat"
Fourth parameter  = "dog"
Fifth parameter   = "null"
$
$

Hope that helps,
tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Shell Script from Java

Hi How can I call a .sh (shell script) from a java procedure? Is this possible at all? Please tell me. Thanks. Asty (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asty
3 Replies

2. Programming

exit status running java classpath in unix shell

I have a java classpath running inside of a unix shell script. During my testing it will error with lines that show an example like this below. java.io.FileNotFoundException error at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:129), ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmcds
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a Java Programm with a (korn)shell-script

hey everyone, For my studies i had to write a javaprogram which reads 2 integers from the keyboard and then using the basic operations(addition, division etc) with them. so far no problem. but now i gotta make a shell-script which: runs the program(compiled with javac) #!bin/ksh java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simlmf
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running remote system shell script and c binary file from windows machine using java

Hi, I have an shell script program in a remote linux machine which will do some specific monitoring functionality. Also, have some C executables in that machine. From a windows machine, I want to run the shell script program (If possible using java). I tried with SSH for this. but, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram.sj
1 Replies

6. Programming

Script Shell in java code

Hello, This is my script shell: echo Mon premier script echo Liste des fichiers : ls -la exit 0 This is my code java: public class test { public static void main(String args) { try { Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("sh script1.sh"); } catch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code java in script shell

Hello; Is it possible to insert Java code in a shell script, if so how please? Thank you (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Programming

Script shell in java code

Hello, Please i want to insert this code in a java program because i need to call a java function inside the while: Please how can i do? thank you so much (9 Replies)
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Shell in java code

Hello, I try to run a script shell from a java program: but it runs only if i do :chmod 777 myShellScript in the terminal Please how can i insert chmod 777 in my java code without going through the terminal? Thank you (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Programming

Running java script from piped output

to run most other scripts through a pipe, something similar to the following is usually enough: cat script.sh | sh cat perl.pl | perl -- "<arguments" However, for javascript command line scripts, i cant seem to get this to work. Any ideas? cat hull.js #!/usr/bin/js ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
CALL_USER_FUNC(3)							 1							 CALL_USER_FUNC(3)

call_user_func - Call the callback given by the first parameter

SYNOPSIS
mixed call_user_func (callable $callback, [mixed $parameter], [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
Calls the $callback given by the first parameter and passes the remaining parameters as arguments. PARAMETERS
o $callback - The callable to be called. o $parameter - Zero or more parameters to be passed to the callback. Note Note that the parameters for call_user_func(3) are not passed by reference. Example #1 call_user_func(3) example and references <?php error_reporting(E_ALL); function increment(&$var) { $var++; } $a = 0; call_user_func('increment', $a); echo $a." "; // You can use this instead call_user_func_array('increment', array(&$a)); echo $a." "; ?> The above example will output: 0 1 RETURN VALUES
Returns the return value of the callback, or FALSE on error. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The interpretation of object oriented keywords | | | like parent and self has changed. Previously, | | | calling them using the double colon syntax would | | | emit an E_STRICT warning because they were inter- | | | preted as static. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #2 call_user_func(3) example <?php function barber($type) { echo "You wanted a $type haircut, no problem "; } call_user_func('barber', "mushroom"); call_user_func('barber', "shave"); ?> The above example will output: You wanted a mushroom haircut, no problem You wanted a shave haircut, no problem Example #3 call_user_func(3) using namespace name <?php namespace Foobar; class Foo { static public function test() { print "Hello world! "; } } call_user_func(__NAMESPACE__ .'Foo::test'); // As of PHP 5.3.0 call_user_func(array(__NAMESPACE__ .'Foo', 'test')); // As of PHP 5.3.0 ?> The above example will output: Hello world! Hello world! Example #4 Using a class method with call_user_func(3) <?php class myclass { static function say_hello() { echo "Hello! "; } } $classname = "myclass"; call_user_func(array($classname, 'say_hello')); call_user_func($classname .'::say_hello'); // As of 5.2.3 $myobject = new myclass(); call_user_func(array($myobject, 'say_hello')); ?> The above example will output: Hello! Hello! Hello! Example #5 Using lambda function with call_user_func(3) <?php call_user_func(function($arg) { print "[$arg] "; }, 'test'); /* As of PHP 5.3.0 */ ?> The above example will output: [test] NOTES
Note Callbacks registered with functions such as call_user_func(3) and call_user_func_array(3) will not be called if there is an uncaught exception thrown in a previous callback. SEE ALSO
call_user_func_array(3), is_callable(3), information about the callback type, ReflectionFunction::invoke, ReflectionMethod::invoke. PHP Documentation Group CALL_USER_FUNC(3)