Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting checking which mysql dbd is installed on linux Post 302310401 by prakash.gr on Friday 24th of April 2009 04:02:21 PM
Old 04-24-2009
Hi neo,

thx for reply i am not looking for mysql version but i am looking mysql dbd(database driver) installed on linux server, how to check what version of DBD is installed.

thanks

Prakash

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux Pre-Installed on Laptop

I performed a search and did not really find what I was looking for so here goes. I am looking to buy a laptop in the next 30 days. I really want a laptop with Linux already installed. I am not picky about the flavor of Linux as long as it is a current release. I also do not need a super,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiroprotagonist
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

help: error in installing perl module DBD::mysql

Hi, I am trying to install perl module DBD::mysql and don't know how to resolve the following: # make test PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t t/00base.............ok 3/5install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error during installing DBD-mysql-4.005

Hi, Iam not able to install DBD-mysql-4.005 into my Sun machine as the error comes - perl Makefile.PL --mysql_config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config I will use the following settings for compiling and testing: cflags (mysql_config ) = -I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya.ece1985
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking which databases are installed

I want to check which databases are installed on my FreeBSD installation. This is what I did: pkg_info | grep mysql How do I check all in one go whether also sqlite, postgresql, firebird is installed? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking whether program is installed

I currently use this construction to check whether a certain program is installed: if ; then cd /usr/ports/databases/sqlite3 && make install clean else echo "sqlite already installed" fi Is this method recommended? Is this an effective method, ie sufficiently robust for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command to find when Linux OS is installed?

hey , Anyone knows command to find when Linux OS is installed? Date and time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Installing MySql DBD in dtrawberry perl

Hi Guys, I am trying to install DBI and DBD-MYSQL for strawberry perl. But i am not able to install. :wall: DBD-MYSQL >> makefile.pl gives error as 'Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know if PGP has been installed on the Linux server?

Hi Guys I am working on a project where is looking after the infrastructure and they have delivered RHEL servers. I need to confirm if PGP has been installed on the newly delivered linux servers. Is there any command I can run or directory I can go in to find that out. Any help will be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinksl
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PERL DBD make test on Linux failing

I am installing Oracle DBD to PERL 5.16.3 and during make test , I am running into this error :rm -f blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so LD_RUN_PATH="/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib" gcc -m32 -shared -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector Oracle.o dbdimp.o oci8.o -o... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

See installed drivers in Linux

Hello everyone from Tenerife, Canary Islands. How can i see in Debian or similar operating system the installed drivers or controllers ? Best Regards https://image.ibb.co/kC5C87/winkho2.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JohnFissburyn
1 Replies
grass-mesql(1grass)						Grass User's Manual					       grass-mesql(1grass)

NAME
grass-mesql - MySQL embedded driver MySQL embedded driver MySQL embedded driver in GRASS MySQL database driver in GRASS enables GRASS to store vector attributes in MySQL embedded database without necessity to run MySQL server. Driver and database name GRASS modules require 2 parameters to connect to a database. Those parameters are 'driver' and 'database'. For MySQL embedded driver the parameter 'driver' should be set to value 'mesql'. The parameter 'database' is a full path to the directory where database tables are stored. The best place is a directory in the mapset. The directory must be created before use of the driver. In the name of database it is possible to use 3 variables: $GISDBASE - path to current GISBASE $LOCATION_NAME - name of current location $MAPSET - name of current mapset Examples of connection parameters: db.connect driver=mesql database='$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/mysql' db.connect driver=mesql database=/home/user1/db Data types, indexes For more informations about supported data types and indexes see the documentation for MySQL (mysql) driver Database type Because database closing was found very slow if InnoDB was used, the InnoDB storage is disabled by default (hardcoded '--skip-innodb' server option). Note The embedded server is started with hardcoded '--bootstrap' option to avoid warning about missing mysql.time_zone_leap_second table. This can be fixed in future. SEE ALSO
db.connect, SQL support in GRASS GIS Credits Development of the driver was sponsored by Faunalia (Italy) as part of a project for ATAC. AUTHOR
Radim Blazek Last changed: $Date: 2011-02-07 18:59:50 +0100 (Mon, 07 Feb 2011) $ Help Index GRASS 6.4.2 grass-mesql(1grass)