Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris A query on Disk naming conventions in Solaris. Post 302310382 by pupp on Friday 24th of April 2009 02:00:48 PM
Old 04-24-2009
jlliagre - you're right. what i should have said was i can't be certain that usb is in fact c2t0d0p0 without being on that specific system. this is displayed differently from system to system.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Naming conventions for shared libraries in Linux

Hello, I'm wondering what is the naming conventions for *.so shared libraries in linux. For example, a library in /lib, say libcrypt-2.7.so has a symbolic link called libcrypt.so.1 pointing to it, yet libncursesw.so.5.6 has a symbolic link called libncursesw.so.5 pointing to it. What is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Query related to device naming of SATA

Friends, Could u please clarify how does a Solaris 10 machine recognize a SATA hard disk, SATA CD/DVD drives. Will it recognize it like a SCSI? eg.c0t0d0 or like ide ? eg.c0d0 thank u. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% / ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Iscsi shared disk - same naming across server

Hi all, Is there anyway i can control the naming of the disk device ? I have added an iscsi disk on server1 using iscsiadm , devfsadm and it is now showing as /dev/dsk/c2t0d0 in node1 However, i am worried that the same disk will appear as /dev/dsk/cXtXd0 in node2 This iscsi disk(lun)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
0 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Proper naming conventions

Hey guys, not sure should I post it here or in 'What is on Your Mind?' I'm discussing usage of DSL (domain specific language) in security tools with my colleagues. We haven't been able to reach an agreement over naming conventions. There are many tools using DSL: splunk, sumologic,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tobby P
2 Replies
lsusb(8)							Linux USB Utilities							  lsusb(8)

NAME
lsusb - list USB devices SYNOPSIS
lsusb [ options ] DESCRIPTION
lsusb is a utility for displaying information about USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Tells lsusb to be verbose and display detailed information about the devices shown. This includes configuration descriptors for the device's current speed. Class descriptors will be shown, when available, for USB device classes including hub, audio, HID, communi- cations, and chipcard. -s [[bus]:][devnum] Show only devices in specified bus and/or devnum. Both ID's are given in decimal and may be omitted. -d [vendor]:[product] Show only devices with the specified vendor and product ID. Both ID's are given in hexadecimal. -D device Do not scan the /dev/bus/usb directory, instead display only information about the device whose device file is given. The device file should be something like /dev/bus/usb/001/001. This option displays detailed information like the v option; you must be root to do this. -t Tells lsusb to dump the physical USB device hierarchy as a tree. This overrides the v option. -V, --version Print version information on standard output, then exit successfully. RETURN VALUE
If the specified device is not found, a non-zero exit code is returned. FILES
/usr/share/hwdata/usb.ids A list of all known USB ID's (vendors, products, classes, subclasses and protocols). SEE ALSO
lspci(8), usbview(8). AUTHOR
Thomas Sailer, <sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch>. usbutils-007 6 May 2009 lsusb(8)