Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX auto delete old mail messages Post 302310285 by daveisme on Friday 24th of April 2009 08:39:05 AM
Old 04-24-2009
AIX auto delete old mail messages

We have had an issue where the mail file filled up. Is there a setting in sendmail.cf to automatically remove old emails? Say after 14 days. If not is there any way automatically to delete older mail files??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto Complete under AIX

How can one setup auto complete under AIX when you type a path etc. by pressing a sequece of keys yu can complete the line. Any sugestions !!!! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: truma1
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Auto delete files in /tmp dir ???

I have a Solris 9 box my problem is when I restart my box all my files and dirs in /tmp dir will be deleted exept 2 directories I found them since installation phase !!!! How to keep my files at that dir " /tmp " even after restarting ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DarkSoul
1 Replies

3. Solaris

auto mail

Hi All, I have solaris 8 on sparc machine, i need to know how i can let my system send to my e-mail any impacts or troubles.... how i can do that?! :confused: thx, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmad_one
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX; Auto clearing of 'too many invalid login attempts by user'

Does anyone have a good script / cron job that handles this? I have looked in smit and see it is clearing this count with: chsec -f /etc/security/lastlog -a "unsuccessful_login_count=0" -s '{userid}' However when I looked around to find ways to automate this I have not found an easy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Johnson
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto delete the folder

Hi, i have the directory structure directory /home/ncs/controller/logs/ in this path i have following directories cl03032010 cl04032010 cl05032010 cl06042010 i want to delete the folders which are 2 weeks old.. through the crontab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to auto CC all outgoing e-mail?

I'm using Debian 5.0.4, exim4 and mutt. I would like all outgoing mail sent by any/all users CC (not BCC) to a specified e-mail account. (I do have it working for BCC using 'unseen'.) I have spent hours of searching/reading/testing how and have not been able to find out how. I have seen it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mewbie
0 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Why are the subjects of deleted mail messages still in Mail Viewing pane?

I was wondering -- when I delete a mail message, I know it goes into the trash, but I've noticed that the subject lines of messages are still in the viewing pane, and I have to delete them as well. Can anyone tell me why this is, and where they are? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
1 Replies

8. Linux

awk filter & Auto gen Mail

hi experts 2012-01-30 10:30:01:812 "y" "NA" "30/01/2012 10:30:01:154 AM" 2012-01-30 10:33:46:342 "y" "NA" "30/01/2012 10:33:45:752 AM" 2012-01-30 10:41:11:148 "n" "200" "30/01/2012 10:41:10:558 AM" 2012-01-30 10:44:48:049 "y" "NA" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nith_anandan
7 Replies

9. AIX

Auto startup and shutdown in AIX

Hi All, I would like to schedule auto IPL (shutdown and start-up) by using a shell script. Can you please give me some idea? want to test on my lab box first. shell script should bring AIX LPAR down and then need to start/activate the LPAR after 30 min any idea is highly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies
SENDINPATHS(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						    SENDINPATHS(8)

NAME
sendinpaths - Send Usenet Path: statistics via e-mail SYNOPSIS
sendinpaths [-cdhn] [-k keep-days] [-r report-days] [address [address ...]] DESCRIPTION
sendinpaths checks pathlog/path for ninpaths dump files, finds dump files generated in the past report-days days, makes sure they are valid by running ninpaths on each one and making sure the exit status is zero, and passes them to ninpaths to generate a cumulative report. By default, that report is mailed to the e-mail addresses configured at the beginning of this script (by default, only one address is configured: <top1000@anthologeek.net>) in order to supply the TOP1000 project with useful statistics. See <http://top1000.anthologeek.net/> for more information. When finished, sendinpaths deletes all dump files in pathlog/path that are older than keep-days days. For more information on how to set up ninpaths, see ninpaths(8). OPTIONS
-c When this flag is used, the report is also e-mailed, besides the default submission addresses or those given as command-line arguments, to the newsmaster's address set at configure time. -d Enables debug messages. -h Gives usage information. -k keep-days After having processed dump files, sendinpaths removes those that are older than keep-days days. The default is 0, that is to say to remove all dump files. Setting keep-days to another value can be useful for debugging purpose because it permits to keep a few dump files. -n Don't e-mail the report; instead, just print it to standard output. Don't delete old dump files. -r report-days Process dump files generated during the last report-days days. The default is 32, that is to say to process all the dump files that have been generated during the last 32 days (if, of course, they have not been deleted yet by a previous run of sendinpaths according to the value set by the -k flag). address ... E-mail the report to the mentioned address or addresses, instead of the default one. Several addresses can be used, separated by whitespace. For instance, for two adresses: sendinpaths pathsurvey@top1000.org top1000@anthologeek.net HISTORY
sendinpaths was written by Olaf Titz <olaf@bigred.inka.de>. $Id: sendinpaths.pod 9384 2011-12-25 20:57:03Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
ninpaths(8). INN 2.5.3 2012-06-15 SENDINPATHS(8)