Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting automatically change owner and group Post 302310263 by borderblaster on Friday 24th of April 2009 07:11:43 AM
Old 04-24-2009
so I have put this

chown -R ftpuser:ftpuser /opt/account

into the cron, but this only runs once a minute. Is there a way to this instantly?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

owner and group in Linux

I am bit unclear of how Linux was set in the real world, please advise me how it's supposed to be. When I log in as root and do a ls -l, I find: /boot, /, /var, /usr, /tmp, /home, /u01, /u02, /u03 and of of this partition is owned by root and the group also belong to root. Is that the way it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't change owner and group of a linux file

Hi, I don't know how the owner & group of a login file in redhat linux 7.2 changed to bache like, -rwxr-xr-x 1 bache bache 17740 Jun 20 02:05 login I am trying to change the owner and group to root by using #chown root login #chgrp root login But i am getting the error ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission, owner and group

hello I search a script (ksh for Aix 5.3) to save all permissions, groups and owner for all files. Because we work much to change it, and a mystake ......! So i want execute this script to save/ execute permissions for all files. If you have this script, thank you for your help ;) best... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy owner permissions to group

Hi, I need a command or a script to change the group permissions to be the same as the owner permissions for all my files and directories (recursive) any idea ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynixon
4 Replies

5. Solaris

setfacl don't change permission on group owner

I try to use setfacl command to change the permission of the group primary it does not accept the command , it really accept but don't change the permission on the group. the point here I read that if I use chmod command on group primary the mask changed, but if I use setfacl mask should not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hard_revenge
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting group and owner with mkdir?

Hi, As root, I want to create a directory and set the group and ownership permissions at the same time with one command, instead of making the directory, then going back and doing a chown and chgrp. I don't see an option for this in the mkdir man page. Would I pipe chown and chgrp with my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moose123
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

owner Permission changed automatically

HI all, We had created new user using the command useradd -d /home/selva -s /usr/local/bin/bash selva. But it didnt created the home directory on /home. So i manually created, copied skel files manually and changed the owner from root to selva. At the same time i observed that so many files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the Group Owner Name

Hi all, How can i find the group owner name...??? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansahr143
4 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

To identify the group owner

If I have to identify the group owner of an AIX group, what is the command to be used. Example: there is an mqadm group, how do I find the owner of this group? Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
6 Replies

10. AIX

Files without owner and group

Dears it is normal that the below binaries stay without any owner and group I have checked it in many servers and the like the below /usr/lpp/bos.net/inst_root/etc/ipsec# ls -lrt total 248 -r-xr-xr-x 1 987 987 13589 Jun 29 2005 default_group -r-xr-xr-x ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
5 Replies
yum-cron(8)															       yum-cron(8)

NAME
yum-cron - an interface to convieniently call yum from cron SYNOPSIS
yum-cron [config-file] DESCRIPTION
yum-cron is an alternate interface to yum that is optimised to be convenient to call from cron. It provides methods to keep repository metadata up to date, and to check for, download, and apply updates. Rather than accepting many different command line arguments, the dif- ferent functions of yum-cron can be accessed through config files. config-file is used to optionally specify the path to the configuration file to use. If it is not given, the default configuration file will be used. It is useful to be able to specify different configuration files for different use cases. For example, one configuration file might be set to update the repository metadata, and a line could be added to the crontab to run yum-cron frequently using this file. Then, another configuration file might be set to install updates, and yum-cron could be run from cron using this file just once each day. FILES
/etc/yum/yum-cron.conf /etc/yum/yum-cron-hourly.conf SEE ALSO
yum (8) AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, you should email the mailing list, yum@lists.baseurl.org, or consult bugzilla. Nick Jacek yum-cron(8)