Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract particular text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract particular text Post 302310196 by Ygor on Friday 24th of April 2009 03:26:49 AM
Old 04-24-2009
Try...
Code:
basename $(dirname "a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h")

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extract text b/w two delimiters

I have an input file which looks like " @$SCRIPT/atp_asrmt_adj.sql $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1005w.pls $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1006w.pls start $SCRIPT/cim1020d.sql;^M spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql @$DATA/cim1021m.sql ! rm $DATA/cim1021m.sql spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowsed4u8
6 Replies

2. Programming

c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file

needa c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file. and then storing them in to diffrent variables ? text file like 0: abc.txt ========= aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract value from a text

Hi all, my problem is extract a value from a text, i mean, I have this text: > ala Nr of active alarms are: 16 ================================================================================================ Sever Specific Problem Cause Mo-Reference... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: marimovo
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract text from a file

I have been reading several posts regarding how to extract text from a file, but none of those have helped me for what I need. This is my problem: I need to extract the text after my pattern So my line is: 485.74 6589.5 Log likelihood: 1485.79 My pattern is 'Log likelihood:' and I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: loperam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Extract text between two strings?

Hi, I want to extract some text between two strings in a line i am using following command i.e; awk '/-string1/,/-string2/' filename contents of file is--- line1 line2 aaa -bbb -ccc -string1 c,d,e -string2 line4 but it is showing complete line which is having searched strings. aaa... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: emresearch
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text between two strings

Hi I have something like this: EXAMPLE 1 CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "STRING_1"."STRING_2" ON "BOSNI_CAB_EVENTO" ("CD_EVENTO" , "CD_EJECUCION" ) PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 5242880 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT) TABLESPACE "DB1000_INDICES_512K"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrispaz81
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text from string

Dear community, I know, this is very stupid question, but I'm scratching my head to find a solution. I have a variable like this: var=" INFO : ABCDEFG"Now I need to remove the leading spaces and output the result like: echo "FIELD1 ; FIELD2 ; $RESULT ; FIELD4" ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a block of text

Hello all, I am working on a script which should parse a large file called input.txt which contains table definitions, index definitions and comments like these ones: ------------------------------------------------ -- DDL Statements for table "CMWSYS"."CMWD_TEC_SUIVI_TRT"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiki_riki_miki
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text between two strings

Hi, I have a text like these: ECHO "BEGGINING THE SHELL....." MV FILE1 > FILE2 UNIQ_ID=${1} PARTITION_1=`${PL}/Q${CON}.KSH "SELECT ....." PARTITION_2=`${PL}/Q${CON}.KSH "SELECT ........" ${PL}/Q${CON}.KSH "CREATE ...." IF .... ....... I would like to extract only text that only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract pattern from text

Hi all, I got a txt here and I need to extract all D 8888 44 and D 8888 43 + next field =",g("en")];f._sn&&(f._sn= "og."+f._sn);for(var n in f)l.push("&"),l.push(g(n)),l.push("="),l.push(g(f));l.push("&emsg=");l.push(g(d.name+":"+d.message));var m=l.join("");Ea(m)&&(m=m.substr(0,2E3));c=m;var... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
5 Replies
DIRNAME(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							DIRNAME(3)

NAME
dirname, basename - Parse pathname components SYNOPSIS
#include <libgen.h> char *dirname(char *path); char *basename(char *path); DESCRIPTION
The functions dirname and basename break a null-terminated pathname string into directory and filename components. In the usual case, dirname returns the string up to, but not including, the final '/', and basename returns the component following the final '/'. Trailing '/' characters are not counted as part of the pathname. If path does not contain a slash, dirname returns the string "." while basename returns a copy of path. If path is the string "/", then both dirname and basename return the string "/". If path is a NULL pointer or points to an empty string, then both dirname and basename return the string ".". Concatenating the string returned by dirname, a "/", and the string returned by basename yields a complete pathname. Both dirname and basename may modify the contents of path, so if you need to preserve the pathname string, copies should be passed to these functions. Furthermore, dirname and basename may return pointers to statically allocated memory which may be overwritten by subsequent calls. The following list of examples (taken from SUSv2) shows the strings returned by dirname and basename for different paths: path dirname basename "/usr/lib" "/usr" "lib" "/usr/" "/" "usr" "usr" "." "usr" "/" "/" "/" "." "." "." ".." "." ".." EXAMPLE
char *dirc, *basec, *bname, *dname; char *path = "/etc/passwd"; dirc = strdup(path); basec = strdup(path); dname = dirname(dirc); bname = basename(basec); printf("dirname=%s, basename=%s ", dname, bname); free(dirc); free(basec); RETURN VALUE
Both dirname and basename return pointers to null-terminated strings. BUGS
In versions of glibc up to and including 2.2.1, dirname does not correctly handle pathnames with trailing '/' characters, and generates a segmentation violation if given a NULL argument. CONFORMING TO
SUSv2 SEE ALSO
dirname(1), basename(1), GNU
2000-12-14 DIRNAME(3)