Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sort on multiple fields
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sort on multiple fields Post 302310177 by summer_cherry on Friday 24th of April 2009 01:28:32 AM
Old 04-24-2009
Code:
cat yourfile | awk -F"," '{print $1$2$3","$0}' | sort -t"," -n | cut -d"," -f2,3,4,5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort fields

I have a large csv file that looks like this: 14 ,M0081,+000000001,200302,+00000100500, 14 ,M0081,+000000004,200301,+00000100500, 14 ,M0081,+000000005,200305,+00000100500, 14 ,M0081,+000000000,200205,+00000100500, 14 ,M0081,+000000008,200204,+00000100500, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort on fields

Hi I have following fixed width file and I have to sort on 2 fields ABC 111222333002555 77788 ABC 111222333004555 77788 ABC 111222333001555 77788 ABC 111222333003555 77788 ABC 111222333005555 77788 one is from field1 to field 3 "ABC" and another is on 14 to 16 "002" (based on first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix sort on multiple fields

Hello. I've read a few threads on how to sort on multiple fields, but I still can't get my file to sort correctly. I have a comma delimited .csv file will over a hundred fields. I want to sort it by field 2, field 62 and then field 61 (integer fields). input looks like this well swap field... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happy_cow
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort on multiple fields

Hello All I have data in a flat file with numeric and aplha numeric datatypes. Now i have to sort on multiple fileds. Can any body please give me the sort code? i am particularly confused about the sort code like sort -n +0 -1 +1 -2 .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort on three fields

Hi I would like to sort a csv file. It has 50 fields and approx 1400000 lines. I want to sort by three columns as follows. Say sort on coulmn 5, if entries are equal sort on column 3 if this is also equal sort on column 6. It seems that this is possible for 5 then 3 i.e. sort -t "," -k 5,5 -k... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: turquoise_man
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort on first two fields -only-

Hey, I have a file i want to sort. It contains these kind of lines: FirstName LastName buyID buyType Eg: John Doe 22 Car Jane Simpson 4 Headset John Doe 11 Telephone Now if I use the sort command on it cat purchases.txt | sort -k1,1 -k2,2 it would also sort the third and 4th field:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce3c
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

doing a sort on first two fields

hi, i'm having a file stg_ff.txt which contains 10 fields,which contains millions of records i need to cat the first 10 rows in the file after doing a sorting on the first two fields i n the file. can any body help me on this. regards Angel (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort on first fields only

Please advice in this. Input file 100,vvvt 201,unb 100,sos 301,abc 99,gang desired output 99,gang 100,vvvt 100,sos 201,unb 301,abc Means if first fields are same ( here 100) the do not sort. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theshashi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort unique by multiple fields

i need to sort to get all the unique records based on the 1st and 2nd column, and keep the record with the highest value on 5th column if there are duplicates, every column with varies length a^2^x^y^z bxc^2xx2^aa^bvxxxx^cdd a^3^1^2^3 a^2^x^1^c I want a result which will only keep the 1st... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtdt
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies
Xapian::Enquire(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Xapian::Enquire(3pm)

NAME
Search::Xapian::Enquire - Make queries against a database DESCRIPTION
This class provides an interface to the information retrieval system for the purpose of searching. METHODS
new set_query takes either a ready made Search::Xapian::Query or a scalar containing a query, which in that case will be passed to Search::Xapian::Query's constructor, together with any other passed arguments. set_query_object <query> get_query matches <start> <size> [<check_at_least>] Takes the start element, and maximum number of elements (and optionally the minimum number of matches to check), and returns an array tied to Search::Xapian::MSet::Tied. get_matching_terms_begin Returns a Search::Xapian::TermIterator, pointing to the start of the stream. get_matching_terms_end Returns a Search::Xapian::TermIterator, pointing to the end of the stream. set_collapse_key <collapse_key> set_docid_order <order> Set the direction in which documents are ordered by document id in the returned MSet. This order only has an effect on documents which would otherwise have equal rank. For a weighted probabilistic match with no sort value, this means documents with equal weight. For a boolean match, with no sort value, this means all documents. And if a sort value is used, this means documents with equal sort value (and also equal weight if ordering on relevance after the sort). order can be ENQ_ASCENDING (the default, docids sort in ascending order), ENQ_DESCENDING (docds sort in descending order), or ENQ_DONT_CARE (docids sort in whatever order is most efficient for the backend.) Note: If you add documents in strict date order, then a boolean search - i.e. set_weighting_scheme(Search::Xapian::BoolWeight->new()) - with set_docid_order(ENQ_DESCENDING) is a very efficient way to perform "sort by date, newest first". set_cutoff <percent_cutoff> [<weight_cutoff>] set_sort_by_relevance Set the sorting to be by relevance only. This is the default. set_sort_by_value <sort_key> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by value only. sort_key - value number to reorder on. Sorting is with a string compare. If ascending is true (the default) higher is better; if ascending is false, lower is better. ascending - If true, document values which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_value_then_relevance <sort_key> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by value, then by relevance for documents with the same value. sort_key - value number to reorder on. Sorting is with a string compare. If ascending is true (the default) higher is better; if ascending is false, lower is better. ascending - If true, document values which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_relevance_then_value <sort_key> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by relevance then value. Note that with the default BM25 weighting scheme parameters, non-identical documents will rarely have the same weight, so this setting will give very similar results to set_sort_by_relevance(). It becomes more useful with particular BM25 parameter settings (e.g. BM25Weight(1,0,1,0,0)) or custom weighting schemes. sort_key - value number to reorder on. Sorting is with a string compare. If ascending is true (the default) higher is better; if ascending is false, lower is better. ascending - If true, document values which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_key <sorter> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by key only. sorter - the functor to use to build the key. ascending - If true, keys which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_key_then_relevance <sorter> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by key, then by relevance for documents with the same key. sorter - the functor to use to build the key. ascending - If true, keys which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_relevance_then_key <sorter> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by relevance then key. sorter - the functor to use to build the key. ascending - If true, keys which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) get_mset Get match set. get_eset <maxitems> <rset> [<decider>] Get set of query expansion terms. get_description Return a description of this object. SEE ALSO
Search::Xapian::Query, Search::Xapian::Database perl v5.14.2 2012-05-09 Xapian::Enquire(3pm)