Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to convert XLS to CSV and DOC/RTF to TXT Post 302310056 by kodak on Thursday 23rd of April 2009 02:47:23 PM
Old 04-23-2009

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

converting PDF to text, rtf doc format

Hi all Is there any program which can convert PDF to word processor file ? If the PDF has smart quotes, bullet icons, copyright and trademark symbols, etc. what happens to them intext format? So ideally would like to conver into rtf or doc. Thanks SS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurya_s
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a csv file to an xls format

Hi, I have a file coming in xxx.txt(csv format) i do some work on it and i need to send out as a .xls format. Is there any way there is some code i can use in my script to convert this? I'm struggling on this. Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix script to convert .csv file to.xls format

I have a .csv file in Unix box i need a UNIX script to convert the.csv files to.xls format. Its very urgent please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moon_friend
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting xls file to txt file and xls to csv

I need to convert an excel file into a text file and an excel file into a CSV file.. any code to do that is appreciated thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandar007
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell convert xls to csv

Hi does anybody know how to convert xls to csv undex linux. I need only data (that is log from test, dont need any macro and so on) from xls. Any idea how to do that? Perl? shell? Could you give me any example? Thanks in advance for answer. Gracjan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gracjan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert .xls to .csv

Hi, I have problem..How to convert .xls file to .csv.. Plz help me for this problem.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varma457
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Tool for Convert XLS into CSV in UNIX

Hi I wanted to convert some XLS files into CSV format in my UNIX box. Unix box is handling very important data which are related to data warehouse.It is fully optimized by installing minimum packages since server need more resources to handle reports generating. Just for convert XLS files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke_devon
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a xls file to csv?

Hi, My requirement is to convert the xls to csv file with utf-8 conversion. Is there any way please suggest me. Thanks, Raja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source txt to be imported in xls as .csv

Hi , I am getting data as below for one of my table as below in a .txt format.I am manually opening a xls sheet, and then selecting import data from option and importing the data in to xls and then saving it as .csv file and this .csv file I am using for one of the shell script. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Convert XLSX or XLS files to CSV file

Hi All, I've got in a situation where I need to convert .xlsx or .xls formatted files into simple text file or .csv file. I've found many options but doing this using PERL script is the best way I believe.I'm in AIX box. Perl code should have 2 params while running. i.e perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manab86
1 Replies
TROFF2RTF(1)						      General Commands Manual						      TROFF2RTF(1)

NAME
troff2rtf - convert troff documents to Rich Text Format SYNTAX
troff2rtf [ -mxx ] [ -S charset ] [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
troff2rtf processes documents written to be formatted with troff (or nroff, or any of the other *roff variants) and converts them to Rich Text Format. RTF is a reasonably portable interchange standard; files in RTF format can be read by a variety of applications, e.g., Micro- soft Word, WordPerfect (Macintosh version 2.0 and up), WriteNow. The main use for troff2rtf is to make it easier to transport troff documents for use with microcomputers. First, convert your document to RTF: % troff2rtf [options] file > file.rtf The available options are described below. The one you'll most likely use is -mxx to specify a macro package like -me or -ms. If the doc- ument contains tables, the conversion can be done like this instead: % tblcvt file | troff2rtf [options] > file.rtf Then move the RTF file to your target machine and read it into your document processor. Optional flags may be given to modify the operation of troff2rtf, as follows: -mxx Specify macro package, usually -man, -me, -mm, or -ms. -S charset Specify the RTF character set. charset can be one of the following: ansi mac pc pca. The default is the Macintosh character set. For documents that you intend to use under Windows, -S ansi is a better choice. SEE ALSO
tblcvt(1), troffcvt(1) WHO-TO-BLAME Paul DuBois, dubois@primate.wisc.edu. BUGS
Table output generated when troff2rtf is used in concert with tblcvt has been known to crash Word outright; caution may be in order. In addition, you may need to read the resulting RTF document into a word processor and tweak column widths manually. Word97 adds support for vertically merging table cells (using the clvmgf and clvmrg control words). troff2rtf supports vertical spans using these controls, but earlier versions of Word don't yet understand them. Consequently, what you'll see for n-cell vertical spans is n individual cells, with all the text in the top cell and n-1 empty cells below it. TROFF2RTF(1)