Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Where are the repositories located in SUSE SLES 10 SP2 Post 302310046 by mojoman on Thursday 23rd of April 2009 02:27:51 PM
Old 04-23-2009
Where are the repositories located in SUSE SLES 10 SP2

Hi,

In SUSE SLES 10 SP2 where are the software repositories located? In CENTOS they are in /etc/yum.repositories or something like that. What does SLES use?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

SLES 10 SP2 possible kernel problem, / slowly filling up

Hello Guys I first though about posting this to emergency but cause I fixed my issue with an reboot its not as important, more is important to me what caused this situation Some facts: OS: SLES 10 x64 SP2 (Virtualized Vmware ESX 3.5) / vmware tools status OK Soft: Oracle10g LVM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kl1ngac1k
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suse 10 SP2 VNC Password

hi guys I've configured some CentOS where you can set a password for VNC and that password is requested before connecting to the normal user login But I found that Suse 10 SP3 has no such thing basically it has this configuration under /etc/xinetd.d/vnc service vnc1 { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
2 Replies

3. SuSE

Failure of Vmware Server 2 installation on SLES 11 SP2

Issue: I am trying to install Vmware Server 2(VMware-server-2.0.2-203138.x86_64) installation on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) SP2 and it fails with error: None of the pre-built vmmon modules for VMware Server is suitable for your running kernel. Do you want this program to try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
3 Replies

4. Fedora

Install memcached on Suse 11 SP2

hi guys I am trying to install this extension for php named memcached but I am not really able to do it PECL :: Package :: memcached I have Suse 11 SP2 installed without any registration (I mean installed not paying subscription) so my question is there a way to install it like in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
0 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Job Schedular for Suse Enterprise SLES 11 SP2

We have a server with 160 hyper-threaded cpu's threads and 2Tb of RAM. I need to implement command line job queue and parallel thread usage for multiple user environment kindly suggest necessary tools to be installed. I have understanding that sun grid engine like applications are available for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remote print from SLES (SAP) to AIX 7.1 04 sp2 virtual printer queue gets down

Hello Administrators. I have a bit difficult problem. I have local virtual printer that has backend defined in /etc/qconf to script which in turns sends the spool to the real device. whenever I print locally (from sap) the print works as it should. The printer queue after the print is done... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deneth
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux SuSE SLES 8 error..unable to issue shutdown command

the only way we can power off is if we actually press power button on server. Running on HP DL-G4. from root, when we issue command it just returns to root prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amexboy
1 Replies
yum-debug-dump(1)														 yum-debug-dump(1)

NAME
yum-debug-dump - write system RPM configuration to a debug-dump file SYNOPSIS
yum-debug-dump DESCRIPTION
yum-debug-dump is a program which creates a gzipped file containing a lot of information useful to developers trying to debug a problem. By default it will output a file to the current working directory named yum_debug_dump-<hostname>-<time>.txt.gz. This file contains no pri- vate information but does contain a complete list of all packages you have installed, all packages available in any repository, important configuration and system information. You can view this file using the 'zless' command. You can use the coresponding program yum-debug-restore to act on this file and restore a set of packages (much like dump/restore). FILES
As yum-debug-dump uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum-debug-restore (1) yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Seth Vidal 28 April 2008 yum-debug-dump(1)