Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX, dtlogin, X browser
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX, dtlogin, X browser Post 302309924 by vbe on Thursday 23rd of April 2009 08:45:48 AM
Old 04-23-2009
I forgot to mention:
There is a tool in /usr/contrib/bin/X11 called dr_dt to help diagnose CDE issues, give it a try...

All the best

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

dtlogin logo

hiho, where are the frisky CDE admins.... ;-) how can i change the welcome logo? i found the /usr/dt/config/C/Xresources and the entry: Dtlogin*logo*bitmapFile: but when i enter my own *.bm or *.xpm file the screen use a black logo.... i think i am using the wrong resolution for my picture...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 - dtlogin port chnage?

I have changed my dtlogin port from the deault 177 to 180. When I'm at the Remote Login session screen, how do I specify the port number? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
5 Replies

3. AIX

Get CDE/dtlogin to stop listening on port 6000

Hi all, can anyone help me with this? I'm running AIX 5L v5.3 base and installed CDE is 1.0. I've seen recommendations to add "-nolisten tcp" to the args for X but anytime I try that it simply fails to start. I've tried adding it as an arg to /usr/dt/config/Xservers as well as trying to add it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXNewbie
0 Replies

4. Solaris

customize dtlogin

Hello out there! I'm using dtlogin with my SunRay 2 and SunRay Server Software 4.0. Now I want to customize the look an funcionality of the dtlogin. e.g. disable the Options - Button or change the Helptext. Can anybody give me a hint where to find a good manual for dtlogin or which files I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blang
2 Replies

5. Solaris

dtlogin problem? Login incorrect; please try again error

At boot the gui looks like it is starting but right away I see a message box pop up saying: 'login incorrect; please try again' and a black screen otherwise. I click ok and it comes right back up. By the way I am running the SGD software and have 2 sunray DTUs connected. The sunray DTUs display the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkmuck
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to verify xdm/gdm or dtlogin is setup to be used by the system

Hi All, I was going through a UNIX system administration handbook and while reading found the below sentence "init is also responsible for spawning graphical login systems such as xdm,gdm, or dtlogin if the system is et up to use them" My question is,how to verify on a UNIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: n_ananthu
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Browser Help

I'm looking for a browser than can handle heavy java usage. Firefox doesn't seem to be able to handle heavy usage anymore :( . Chromium does a decent job, but its just so different from Firefox I just can't get used to it. I have been trying to get used to chromium for over 2 weeks but can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

8. Solaris

dtlogin problem

When I did a ps-ef on a host I noticed that the /usr/openwin/bin/fbconole process was started from the /etc/init PID, and was owned by the operator. What could have caused this issue? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amp4cats
0 Replies

9. AIX

Defunct process with dtlogin

Hi, I tried to kill the defunct process but it didn't work. I don't want to make a mistake because some people are working on the server. I don't know if they might have troubles without dtlogin. I would like stop/start dtlogin to stop the defunct process Do you think that works?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
6 Replies
dxjim(1X)																 dxjim(1X)

NAME
dxjim - An input server for Japanese DESCRIPTION
In a Motif environment such as CDE, Asian language input methods are supported by independent processes called input servers. The Japanese input server (dxjim) is an X client process that can run on a standard X server, provided that the server system has the required Japanese fonts installed. This means that the Japanese input server can run on any system that can access your X display device, including the device itself. Starting the Input Server If your CDE session language is set to Japanese, the Japanese input server is started automatically, and both the language setting and the Japanese input method is available for applications that you start during that session. If your session language is not set to Japanese, you can switch to Japanese from a terminal emulation window by setting the LANG environment variable to a Japanese locale. From the same terminal emulation window, you must also use the command line to start the Japanese input method server and then other applications in which you want to use Japanese. You can start the input server on your local workstation by using the following command: % /usr/bin/X11/dxjim & If you want to start the input server on a remote system, log on the remote system, and enter the following commands. Substitute the name of your local system for <display_name> in the first command. % setenv DISPLAY <display_name>:0 % /usr/bin/X11/dxjim & After the input server is started, any Motif applications that have been internationalized to support Japanese can communicate with the server to obtain input method services. However, remember that these applications must be started after the server is started. RESTRICTIONS
This input server uses X11R6. It can connect to input-method clients running X11R4, X11R5, or X11R6 under the same locale. However, support for multiple monitors (multi-head systems) is available only to clients also running X11R6. Support for multiple monitors is not available to input-method clients using X11R5 or X11R4. SEE ALSO
Commands: dxhangulim(1X), dxhanziim(1X), dxhanyuim(1X), locale(1) Others: Japanese(5), i18n_intro(5), l10n_intro(5) dxjim(1X)