Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Apache2 PHP5 not starting
Operating Systems Solaris Apache2 PHP5 not starting Post 302309808 by RobertSubnet on Thursday 23rd of April 2009 01:40:09 AM
Old 04-23-2009
I think you are correct here is the ldd output from the php/bin directory:

/usr/local/php/bin
# ldd php
<deleted above output>
libmysqlclient.so.15 => (file not found)

I searched for the file:

# find / -name "libmysqlclient.so.15" -print
/usr/local/apache2/modules/libmysqlclient.so.15
/opt/mysql/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15
#

I copied it over to the apache2/modules directory from /opt/mysql/mysql/lib and still Apache is not seeing it.

The file exists on my system, how do I make Apache "see" it?

(Sorry if this is a newbie question)

Thank you for you help!

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compiling php5 on solaris 9. please help.

I'm trying to compile PHP5. I've installed mysql5 successfully and apache1.3 is working great, but I get the message below when I compile PHP5. I double checked if I have libxml2 installed and I do. I installed libxml2 binary from sunfreeware. Please see below for details: ./configure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
Apache2::SiteControl::GrantAllRule(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   Apache2::SiteControl::GrantAllRule(3pm)

NAME
Apache2::SiteControl::GrantAllRule - A rule that grants permission to do everything. SYNOPSIS
In your instance of a ManagerFactory: use Apache2::SiteControl::GrantAllRule; ... sub getPermissionManager { ... $manager->addRule(new Apache2::SiteControl::GrantAllRule); ... return $manager; } DESCRIPTION
Apache2::SiteControl::GrantAllRule is a pre-built rule that grants access for all permission requests. This rule can be used to help implement a system that has a default policy of allowing access, and to which you add rules that deny access for specific cases. Note that the loose type checking of Perl makes this inherently dangerous, since a typo is likely to fail to deny access. It is recommended that you take the opposite approach with your rules, since a typo will err on the side of denying access. The former is a security hole, the latter is a bug that people will complain about (so you can fix it). SEE ALSO
Apache2::SiteControl::ManagerFactory, Apache::SiteControl::PermissionManager, Apache2::SiteControl::Rule AUTHOR
This module was written by Tony Kay, <tkay@uoregon.edu>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
perl v5.14.2 2006-03-17 Apache2::SiteControl::GrantAllRule(3pm)